Josh Rosen Details Anti-Semitic Slurs Used Against Him by Opponents During Games

A couple of things come to mind here:

1). Why would any of these people know he's Jewish, or care?

2). Is saying "Jew" to a Jewish person really anti-semetic? It does t sound anyone like anyone wanted to exclude him from anything for being Jewish.

3). Chances are many of the people calling him "a Jew," thus being anti-Semitic, were African-American. I was under the impression from the climate of today's society that only white Christian males are capable of such discrimstory behavior.

4). People still make nose jokes about Jews? It's ridiculous. I have a big nose, and I'm Scandinavian.

I Ann just getting so damn sick of crap like this being in the news Every. Single. Day. There is nothing here. Nothing. Frankly, I don't even know if I believe him.

2) so you can’t understand how being called a Jew could be derogatory?

3) your just showing your ignorance and lack of understand if the whole issue.

You think you are sick of hearing about it, try walking a day in their shoes. And I suspect that this isn’t the first issue that you choose not to believe just because you don’t want to believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reluctant to wade into the morass of identity politics...but I disagree with your first point. I’m not necessarily saying they’re wrong, I’m simply saying that’s the position that is very frequently heard if one has sites like Vox or Huffington Post on their news feed (I enjoy all views). I don’t have a poll handy to break down the demographics of what part of the population has distorted the definition of racism but it’s a healthy proportion.

There is seldom a day that goes by that you don’t win the award for most accurate moniker. Congrats!

There is seldom a day that goes by that you don’t win the award for most accurate moniker. Congrats!

Thank you! When someone has been as wrong as often as you it’s probably very frustrating. Lashing out is understandable.

2) so you can’t understand how being called a Jew could be derogatory?

3) your just showing your ignorance and lack of understand if the whole issue.

You think you are sick of hearing about it, try walking a day in their shoes. And I suspect that this isn’t the first issue that you choose not to believe just because you don’t want to believe it.

You’re

Understanding

Of

You’re

Understanding

Of

When you’re on the wrong side of an argument and resort to correcting a poster’s autocorrect...

Racism and antisemitism are still alive around the country and the world. Ignoring it (and what looks like denying it) is a problem that you should reflect on.

Hush, they’re busy building straw men.

I think much of what has been posted has merit. I also think that the player in question shouldn't have to endure comments on the field. Will he die from it? No. But...college athletics is still supposed to have a component called sportsmanship. At minimium verbal taunting isn't sportsman like. Shouldn't be part of the game. Personally, I'd prefer that the refs penalize offenders of such actions. Losing downs, or in this case extending drives would p.o. coaches enough to either bench the offender or worse.

I think much of what has been posted has merit. I also think that the player in question shouldn't have to endure comments on the field. Will he die from it? No. But...college athletics is still supposed to have a component called sportsmanship. At minimium verbal taunting isn't sportsman like. Shouldn't be part of the game. Personally, I'd prefer that the refs penalize offenders of such actions. Losing downs, or in this case extending drives would p.o. coaches enough to either bench the offender or worse.

Who are you arguing with re: the above?

You should take up traveling, it may enlighten you to the views of other people on this planet.

What are you talking about? What are you arguing against?

Honestly, You need to regroup and collect your thoughts. My original post in this thread simply refuted an erroneous statement by a poster that ridiculed another poster (who made some strident statements, which were fair game). You and the other dodos immediately leapt to any number of conclusions that were never implied or stated thus the straw men comment.

Well, if you’re into censoring or punishing human emotions and thoughts you’d love this gem from JR:

An economics major who has aspirations in the business world, Rosen is full of ideas, at least one of which pertains to social media: "There should be a Twitter democratic jury that reviews tweets and fines idiots a few dollars. You should have to link to your credit card to be on Twitter, and if you say something that's just stupid or offensive or ridiculous, and the jury rules against you, you should get fined like five bucks."

http://www.nfl.com/labs/cfb247/josh-rosen/josh-rosen.html

Read my comment again. This is exactly what I was talking about. Josh believing those things has nothing to do with the actual topic of this thread. We need to do more listening.

Read my comment again. This is exactly what I was talking about. Josh believing those things has nothing to do with the actual topic of this thread. We need to do more listening.

I never implied that it did. You also need to do some listening.

Look at my post above yours.

When you’re on the wrong side of an argument and resort to correcting a poster’s autocorrect...

Racism and antisemitism are still alive around the country and the world. Ignoring it (and what looks like denying it) is a problem that you should reflect on.

What “side” am I on?

Not arguing, just making some general statements. One point that wasn't discussed was controlling "taunting" on the field.

Continue to discuss.

I've seen it called. Sportsmanship is taught from pre-k on up. If someone doesn't "get it" by the time they're in college I don't believe they ever will. And some people never will. That's the human race. It's full of diverse people and they're not always nice. As we can see on this thread simple respect for others; controlling one's emotions is difficult. Some people are hair trigger, looking to be insulted, and say things they later regret.

The problem is that assumes that there will be a better choice next year AND that the Browns will be in a position to get them. Neither or which might be true.

They have two first round picks. They have to take a QB. There was even some talk of them hedging their bets and taking two, though I think that'd be a huge mistake as they have too many other needs.

Besides, who was the last QB that didn't have one or more of those issues or similar? Rodgers was a "system QB" that couldn't transition to the NFL. Brady wasn't even a day 1 QB in a two day draft. Heck, the last few "can't miss" QB's have been busts. The Browns might as well try again this year.

Of all the offensive players in this draft, Saquon is the most can't miss IMO. The Browns can't afford to pass up on a player like him. There is nothing about the QBs this year that indicates that they could do worse next year.

Moot point now since they dicided to go with Mayfield who has bust written all over him. Typical Browns draft choice.

Josh Rosin (or Anyone else for that matter), sight the case. When an incident occurs, call it out specifically, at that time, with names and quotes. Deal with it openly when it happens.

This me too stuff . . . holy crap, have some character.

I've seen it called. Sportsmanship is taught from pre-k on up. If someone doesn't "get it" by the time they're in college I don't believe they ever will. And some people never will. That's the human race. It's full of diverse people and they're not always nice. As we can see on this thread simple respect for others; controlling one's emotions is difficult. Some people are hair trigger, looking to be insulted, and say things they later regret.

Not disagreeing with you. Just think that if the team was given a penalty, that might curb the behavior. Doesn't mean that said player wouldn't do it in other environments, just not on the field (yes, I'm making a huge assumption that the ref would catch it and call it).

Benching, or running bleachers till you puke, can stop many bad behaviors.

Josh Rosen 'pissed' he fell to Cardinals at 10th pick: 'There were nine mistakes ahead of me'

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/s...h-pick-says-there-were-nine-mistakes-ahead-me

"I thought I should've been picked at 1, 2 or 3," Rosen said. "I dropped, and I was pissed. I was really, really angry. I wasn't really showing it. I was trying to keep calm, cool, composed. But I thought I was going to get picked, and I thought I was going to have to put on a face and try and fake happiness. But for some reason, right when I got that call, that's not what happened. I got really happy and really motivated.

"All I wanted to do was basically get on a plane right then and go straight to Arizona and start working. It was definitely a surprise when I got that phone call in terms of the emotions I was feeling. But I think everything happens for a reason."

Rosen enters a Cardinals quarterbacks room alongside veterans Sam Bradford and Mike Glennon, who both signed with Arizona as free agents in March. But Rosen, who said he "obviously" wants to be the starter, doesn't plan on creating havoc internally.

"I'm not going to come in and be an A-hole and think that my s--- don't stink. Sorry to say that," Rosen said. "I understand the situation. I'm going to come in, and I'm going to be respectful. Sam Bradford and Mike Glennon are both two amazing quarterbacks.

"But we're all professionals, and we're going to compete our butts off. Regardless of who the starter is, we're all going to support that person."

Sports can be just as much mental as it is phycial. I have ZERO problem with trying to get into someone's head. It is fair game on the field of play when the only goal is to WIN. However if you take that behavior into civilized society, then it is a problem worth discussion. In other words not much to see here.

You can do everthing to win short of cheating and still exemplify good sportsmanship even if what it takes is uncomfortable to some. I.E. respect for the other team/players can still exist even if you use disrespectful elements in your strategy to win.

Sports can be just as much mental as it is phycial. I have ZERO problem with trying to get into someone's head. It is fair game on the field of play when the only goal is to WIN. However if you take that behavior into civilized society, then it is a problem worth discussion. In other words not much to see here.

You can do everthing to win short of cheating and still exemplify good sportsmanship even if what it takes is uncomfortable to some. I.E. respect for the other team/players can still exist even if you use disrespectful elements in your strategy to win.

I agree as long as it's football (or whatever sport) related stuff. But I don't like when someone brings family, religion, etc into it. I understand why some do it but I don't like it.

I agree as long as it's football (or whatever sport) related stuff. But I don't like when someone brings family, religion, etc into it. I understand why some do it but I don't like it.

I agree.

You can as competitive as ever and avoid that stuff.

You not liking it, is exactly why they do it. If it didn't potentially give them some kind of atvantage over the weaker minded (not calling you weak minded per se) they wouldn't do it. Sports are faught on two fronts, are you physically more talented and are you less prone to costly mistakes. Name calling ect.. falls directly in column two. If you eliminate part the mental aspect then you are not leveling the playing field for the less physically gifted to overcome that disadvantage.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

I agree.

You can as competitive as ever and avoid that stuff.

I agree. Even though I did talk to a receiver about his family once. For the record, it was harmless. I just asked how his mom and sister were. I also asked him how things were in his home state. Could tell he was trying to figure out how I knew that stuff. I could also tell he wanted me to shut my passive aggressive Minnesota pie hole.

Saw a program with player info on it pre-game. :D

I'm surprised so many people buy this story hook, line, and sinker.

Constant criticism about being a rich, priveleged, arrogant, whiny little s@&$. Then, a couple of days before the draft a story comes out about how he overcame all this discrimatory adversity (conveniently fitting right in with SJW Twitter marketing machine), with no mention of this before from a kid that can't keep his mouth shut.

D'ohK.

Constant criticism about being a rich, priveleged, arrogant, whiny little s@&$. Then, a couple of days before the draft a story comes out about how he overcame all this discrimatory adversity (conveniently fitting right in with SJW Twitter marketing machine), with no mention of this before from a kid that can't keep his mouth shut.

D'ohK.

I can't believe that you're having a hard time believing him? Do you really think it's unlikely that a bunch of people under 21, competing against each other, wouldn't say hurtful things to one another. I imagine they said all kinds of atrocious things, including anti-semitic things.

You not liking it, is exactly why they do it. If it didn't potentially give them some kind of atvantage over the weaker minded (not calling you weak minded per se) they wouldn't do it. Sports are faught on two fronts, are you physically more talented and are you less prone to costly mistakes. Name calling ect.. falls directly in column two. If you eliminate part the mental aspect then you are not leveling the playing field for the less physically gifted to overcome that disadvantage.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

If someone is resorting to using racial slurs, they've lost the mental edge. That person is officially in their head.

D'ohK.

Read the article- he's not making out like he overcame adversity at all- you just seem to have an issue with him. Thankfully it's not probiscus related pee your original post. You just come off like u do have an issue with his heritage. If you do I'm embarrassed for you.

What are you talking about? What are you arguing against?

Honestly, You need to regroup and collect your thoughts. My original post in this thread simply refuted an erroneous statement by a poster that ridiculed another poster (who made some strident statements, which were fair game). You and the other dodos immediately leapt to any number of conclusions that were never implied or stated thus the straw men comment.

My response is based upon your total body of work. We know that many of your posts are done just to mess with people, but some of your comments can be very offensive and shows a real lack of understanding. I am not trying to pick fights but just trying to have you think twice before you respond.

Top Bottom