Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruiting

Where any of these recruits at the Gopher vs. Syracuse game?

UCONN and Maryland were watching Lauren Jensen tonight.

https://bismarcktribune.com/sports/b...b6323b5f8.html

Lauren Ware from Bismarck:

Lindsay Whalen is a five-time WNBA All-Star, four-time WNBA champion, two-time Olympic gold medalist, three-time college All-American and the current head coach of a top 10 women's D-I basketball program.

But on Tuesday, Whalen was seated in the front row at the Bismarck Event Center watching high school girls basketball, and taking camera-phone photos with fans.

That's the kind of attention Century star Lauren Ware is attracting on the court.

Whalen wasn't alone on Tuesday, however. Also in attendance was Iowa associate head coach Jan Jensen with Ware the center of attention.

Ranked as the 38th-best high school prospect in the class of 2020 by ESPN.com, Ware is taking it all in stride.

Ware and the Patriots are 6-0 and ranked No. 1 in the state. Already a two-time all-state selection in basketball and volleyball, the versatile 6-foot-5 Ware is averaging 17 points, 8.8 rebounds and 3.4 blocks per game. Her 18-point performance against Bismarck High on Tuesday featured a 3-pointer from nearly the cheap seats.

Ware made a trip to Minneapolis this fall where Whalen, head coach of the Gophers, has the University of Minnesota ranked 13th in the country and 10-0 in her first season in charge at her alma mater.

Iowa currently has a North Dakotan in the starting lineup in Minot Ryan's Hannah Stewart, a senior.

Coaches from Oregon and Oregon State are expected to be attendance for Century's next game, Friday at 6 p.m. against Jamestown. Currently, Oregon is ranked No. 7 in the country with Oregon State ranked 11th.

She lives up near my neck of the woods. Hope the gophers can get her, she sounds like a heck orchid a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius L Hoops View Post
    Looks like a solid player to me. Sign her up, go Gophers!

Has coach Whahlen looked at guard Anna Harvey from Lakeville South?

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBall View Post
    Has coach Whahlen looked at guard Anna Harvey from Lakeville South?
    She signed with Lehigh

Quote Originally Posted by whalenfan View Post
    She signed with Lehigh
    Thanks for the update. Very good player.

Blog Entries

Tonight's game against Wisconsin at 8:00 PM CST is on BTN!
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Thanks for the update. Very good player.
    Anna is a nice player but nowhere near Big 10 caliber. Ranked 30th in Minnesota by Prep Girls Hoops. She’s only 5’5 or 5’6.

Myra Gordon (5'11', G) #59 in 2020 Hoopgurlz rankings from Fort Worth area. She is the sister of Lexi Gordon who was a sophomore at UCONN but earlier this month announced she is transferring.

Is Whalen after Myra?

Is Whalen after Myra?
    I think she is going Stollings way to Texas Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by bbwannabe View Post
    I think she is going Stollings way to Texas Tech.
    Could be true. Announced today that is where Lexi is transferring to.