2020 Recruiting

So 2 ESPN top 100 player verbals on a PG and a perimeter player! Nice!

How many more Scholarships does Lindsay have available?

2 scholarships left for class of 2020 to get to limit of 15. That's assuming no transfers or Hubbard leaving with one year of eligibility.

Wishing for some more good news on getting two more top level talented players soon. Go Gophers!

once again, here are the known 2020 recruits with Gopher offers in the mix for the final two scholarships.

-Aaliyah Edwards, 6’2 W, Canada, ESPN Ranked #26
-Destiny Salary, 5-10 G, Jonesboro HS (AR) ESPN Ranked #59
-Treasure Thompson, 6-3 C, Bolingbrook HS (IL)
-Sarah Te-Biasu , 5’3 PG, Canada

Known Finalist List:
-Deja Kelly, 5’8 PG, Duncanville HS (TX) ESPN Ranked #17 (Top 5 list: Gophers, North Carolina, Duke, Texas A&M and Notre Dame)
-Leilani Kapinus, 5-10 G, Madison Memorial HS (WI) ESPN Ranked #30 (Top 15 List: Arizona, Auburn, Baylor, Duke, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, LSU, Louisville, Marquette, Michigan, Michigan St, Gophers, Ohio St, and Wisconsin)
-Gabby Elliott, 5’10 W, Detroit Edison HS (MI) ESPN Ranked #42 (Top 6 List: Gophers, Maryland, North Carolina, Pitt, Clemson, and Marquette)

A combination of Gabby Elliott and either Salary or Kelly would be one heck of a recruiting class for the gophers.

Wishing for some more good news on getting two more top level talented players soon. Go Gophers!

Deja Kelly did her 3rd of 5 official visits this weekend at Notre Dame. She has visits to Duke and Texas A&M left. She had already done visits to Gophers and North Carolina.

Gabby Elliott did her 3rd of 5 official visits this weekend at Marquette (where her brother plays basketball). She has two visits left to possibly spread out over her remaining 3 of top 6 Pitt, North Carolina and Maryland. She has done other two visits to Gophers and Clemson.

Deja Kelly did her 3rd of 5 official visits this weekend at Notre Dame. She has visits to Duke and Texas A&M left. She had already done visits to Gophers and North Carolina.

Gabby Elliott did her 3rd of 5 official visits this weekend at Marquette (where her brother plays basketball). She has two visits left to possibly spread out over her remaining 3 of top 6 Pitt, North Carolina and Maryland. She has done other two visits to Gophers and Clemson.

I appreciate the insight

Has everyone heard if these ladies committed elsewhere? I hope we have a chance landing one or two of them

Both just did their 4th of 5 visits this last weekend. Deja still has a Duke official visit to do, which I'm guessing will be either this weekend or next. No idea of commitment date after done with visits. To recap so far she has visited Gophers, Notre Dame, Texas A&M and North Carolina.

Gabby's four visits have been to Gophers, Marquette, North Carolina and Clemson. The other two on final 6 list was Maryland and Pitt. She had something on her twitter about the date October 23rd (next Wednesday) saying "Just wait" so possible that is her commitment date. That would mean her final official visit would be this coming weekend. The connections for her are that her brother is on the Men's team at Marquette and that Her AAU coach is Destiny Pitts Brother.

Both or even one commit would be a big get for the Gophers.

Has everyone heard if these ladies committed elsewhere? I hope we have a chance landing one or two of them

*** UPDATE:
Per Instagram, Deja Kelly is at Duke this weekend. Her 5th and final official visit.

Last edited:

Tomorrow is the day Gabby Elliot has posted on twitter with the "Just Wait" picture. Would appear that tomorrow announcing her commitment.

Her final 6 one more time were Gophers, Marquette, North Carolina, Clemson, Maryland and Pitt. To my knowledge she did not take an official visit to Maryland or Pitt. So possible down to Gophers, Clemson, North Caroline and Marquette.

Anybody willing to make a prediction? I'll Post Mine either late tonight or early tomorrow before the announcement. Quick reminders, Her AAU coach is Destiny Pitts brother, she comes from same AAU program as Powell and Pitts and the Bellos did. Her brother plays on the Men's team at Marquette.

Elliot isn’t following Whalen on Twitter even though Whalen is following her. Maybe she doesn’t follow coaches. ��

A big guard probably wouldn’t be a bad fit. She’d probably leapfrog Staples.
Ranked #42 is a little better than the Gophers usually do.

Looks like the Gophers have a lot to be thankful for to Stollings for getting this Michigan pipeline going. It’s been gushing lately. Might trickle down soon though.

sorry I'm late
but gophers missed out on that Bismarck 6 6 Lauren Ware. she went to Arizona, is Arizona that good on the womens side?

Elliot isn’t following Whalen on Twitter even though Whalen is following her. Maybe she doesn’t follow coaches. ��

A big guard probably wouldn’t be a bad fit. She’d probably leapfrog Staples.
Ranked #42 is a little better than the Gophers usually do.

Looks like the Gophers have a lot to be thankful for to Stollings for getting this Michigan pipeline going. It’s been gushing lately. Might trickle down soon though.

Elliot isn't following alot of head coaches, she does follow Carly Thibault though. Interesting tidbit, when she tweeted just wait. She got one reply so far...from Destiny Pitts, who said, "But we already know". Hmmmm.

sorry I'm late
but gophers missed out on that Bismarck 6 6 Lauren Ware. she went to Arizona, is Arizona that good on the womens side?

Nope, not in either sport. Keep in mind that the injury raises some questions about Ware and the Gopher volleyball squad, at least, has no place for her to play right away, if that's what she wants.

Last edited:

Today’s the day Gabby Elliot is making the decision. Feeling optimistic about her choosing the gophers.

Based on a recent tweet Gabby retweeted, She has cut her list from 6 to 4. Not considering Maryland or Pitt anymore.

Choosing between

-Gophers
-Clemson
-Marquette
-North Caroline

I saw that she may have cut down her list. I would imagine if Maryland is out of the running, that would increase her chances of choosing the gophers.

That was quick. She committed to Clemson :/

Next known commitment date is for Treasure Thompson, 6-3 C, Bolingbrook HS (IL), she posted on Instagram that she is announcing at the end of October. Her top 4 is Minnesota, LSU, Missouri and Florida.

http://peachstatebasketball.com/brandonclayscouting-clemson-lands-key-pledge-in-gabby-elliott/

One of the most athletic and explosive forwards in the class made her commitment. After a stellar club season with Michigan Storm BCSFamily, Gabby Elliott of Detroit, Mich., picked Clemson. Her pledge gives the Tigers a potential postseason All-American. Elliott will be on the Naismith Trophy Watch 50 List to start the school season as well.

Listed in the ProspectsNation.com rankings as the No. 20 prospect overall and No. 5 wing, Elliott paced the Storm to victories over some of the nation’s top programs including the BCSPower48 championship during the May live period. During the process, Elliott proved she belonged in the conversations with the best at her position nationally. Tigers coach Amanda Butler was on hand in Louisville watching Elliott. She did the same when the dynamic prospect to the floor at the BCSSummerInvite in July.

By the end of her strong club season, Elliott had offers from Maryland, Minnesota, North Carolina, Pittsburgh amongst others but in the end rewarded Butler and her staff for their work. Elliott was a major priority for Clemson coming out of July and landing her is a major coup for a Clemson program on the come up

Elliot is a forward? I thought she listed at 5’10.

Remaining Known 2020 offers (kids either that have gophers on their final list or have not publicly posted lists without gophers on it) Reminder: 2 scholarships available.

Aaliyah Edwards, 6’2 W, Canada, ESPN Ranked #26 *Commit date is today at 4 PM*

Sarah Te-Biasu , 5’3 PG, Canada

Known Finalist List:
Deja Kelly, 5’8 PG, Duncanville HS (TX) ESPN Ranked #17 (Top 5 list: Gophers, North Carolina, Duke, Texas A&M and Notre Dame) *Commit date noted as "soon"

Leilani Kapinus, 5-10 G, Madison Memorial HS (WI) ESPN Ranked #30 (Top 15 List: Arizona, Auburn, Baylor, Duke, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, LSU, Louisville, Marquette, Michigan, Michigan St, Gophers, Ohio St, and Wisconsin)

Caroline Strande, 5’11 G, Racine Lutheran HS (WI) (Top 5: Gophers, Illinois, Villanova, Penn St and Oklahoma St) *Commit date noted as "soon"

Treasure Thompson, 6-3 C, Bolingbrook HS (IL) (Top 4: Gophers, Missouri, Florida and LSU) *Commit date October 31st*

I dont know what kind of competition she plays but these are insane numbers.

You're right in saying that those are crazy good numbers. Can't wait to see her play. Always nice to get a player out of Wisconsin. A bit of retribution for the pipeline Wiscy has established in Minnesota for men's hoops.

Top Bottom