Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruiting

Default 2020 Recruiting

Figured we have a new coach, so also new recruiting threads.

Still after guards so far!

This is also Bueckers class but she has her own thread!

2020 is a decent class in Minnesota with several legitimate high major prospects including Kenzie Kramer, Lauren Jensen, Liza Karlen, Alyssa Ustby and Mallory Brake. All have nice D1 offers. After that there are a lot of mid-majors. 2021 is much better with as many as 10-12 high major kids.

Somebody claimed that the Gophers already offered Mackenzie Kramer. Would Whalen have the right to withdraw?

Quote Originally Posted by Shades View Post
    Somebody claimed that the Gophers already offered Mackenzie Kramer. Would Whalen have the right to withdraw?
    The new coach is under no obligation to honor a verbal offer by the previous coach.

Quote Originally Posted by GMac39 View Post
    The new coach is under no obligation to honor a verbal offer by the previous coach.
    I like Kramer. Hopefully Whalen doesn’t withdraw, especially in light of the very low odds of securing Bueckers. A coach with no experience is gonna be a hard sell for Bueckers, even though she is a fan of the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Shades View Post
    I like Kramer. Hopefully Whalen doesn’t withdraw, especially in light of the very low odds of securing Bueckers. A coach with no experience is gonna be a hard sell for Bueckers, even though she is a fan of the player.
    I like Kramer, too, but she may be leaning toward a high-end academic option like Harvard or Princeton. Jensen is an outstanding prospect who has lots of interest and might be a better fit in the Big 10. Don’t be surprised if the junior Scalia from Stillwater is in the conversation really soon. She is better than either one IMO.

The word “Des” seems to be popping up a lot lately.

From a couple of weeks ago. Treasure Thompson is a 6'3" center from Bolingbrook (IL) who's received offers from Georgia and North Carolina.

Paige Bueckers and Lauren Jensen were named Minnesota AAU co-players of the year by Prep Girls Hoops. Story says Iowa and Minnesota are contenders for Jensen's services and that she is now considered top 100 in the country.

[URL="https://www.prepgirlshoops.com/2018/08/aau-co-players-of-the-year-lauren-jensen-paige-bueckers/"]

She's received a boat load of offers including Michigan State, Iowa, Illinois, LSU, Arizona State etc.

I don't know about anybody else but I like to have a list of who is offered and update it to keep track. since 2019 class is pretty far down the recruiting road, I figured I would go with 2020. posting the known offers the gophers have given out to the class of 2020. If anything is incorrect or I am missing one, please feel free to update the list. I posted the espn 2020 Hoopgurlz rankings next to the player. they have not updated past top 25 so only two are listed as of right now.

Offered:
    -Paige Bueckers-Hopkins-6’0 Guard-ESPN Ranked #5
    -Alyssa Ustby-Rochester Lourdes-6’2 Guard/Forward
    -McKenzie Kramer-St. Michael Albertville-5’8 Guard
    -Lauren Jensen-Lakeville North-5’9 Guard

Out of State Offers:
    Treasure Thompson, 6-3 C, Bolingbrook HS (IL)
    Destiny Salary, 5-10 G, Jonesboro HS (AR)
    Sasha Goforth, 6-1 SG, Fayetteville HS (AR) ESPN Ranked #9
    Angela Dugalic, 6-3 W, Maine West HS, (IL)
    Kendall Bostic, 6-1 Forward, Northwestern HS (IN)
    Leilani Kapinus, 5-10 G, Madison Memorial HS (WI)

once again I'm sure I am missing some or others that have not made their offer public. Feel free to update as need be.

Add Klarke Sconiers from Christ the King H.S. NY