2020 Recruiting

Where any of these recruits at the Gopher vs. Syracuse game?

UCONN and Maryland were watching Lauren Jensen tonight.

https://bismarcktribune.com/sports/...cle_9fb3762d-564b-5d6a-ba92-930b6323b5f8.html

Lauren Ware from Bismarck:

Lindsay Whalen is a five-time WNBA All-Star, four-time WNBA champion, two-time Olympic gold medalist, three-time college All-American and the current head coach of a top 10 women's D-I basketball program.

But on Tuesday, Whalen was seated in the front row at the Bismarck Event Center watching high school girls basketball, and taking camera-phone photos with fans.

That's the kind of attention Century star Lauren Ware is attracting on the court.

Whalen wasn't alone on Tuesday, however. Also in attendance was Iowa associate head coach Jan Jensen with Ware the center of attention.

Ranked as the 38th-best high school prospect in the class of 2020 by ESPN.com, Ware is taking it all in stride.

Ware and the Patriots are 6-0 and ranked No. 1 in the state. Already a two-time all-state selection in basketball and volleyball, the versatile 6-foot-5 Ware is averaging 17 points, 8.8 rebounds and 3.4 blocks per game. Her 18-point performance against Bismarck High on Tuesday featured a 3-pointer from nearly the cheap seats.

Ware made a trip to Minneapolis this fall where Whalen, head coach of the Gophers, has the University of Minnesota ranked 13th in the country and 10-0 in her first season in charge at her alma mater.

Iowa currently has a North Dakotan in the starting lineup in Minot Ryan's Hannah Stewart, a senior.

Coaches from Oregon and Oregon State are expected to be attendance for Century's next game, Friday at 6 p.m. against Jamestown. Currently, Oregon is ranked No. 7 in the country with Oregon State ranked 11th.

She lives up near my neck of the woods. Hope the gophers can get her, she sounds like a heck orchid a player.

Has coach Whahlen looked at guard Anna Harvey from Lakeville South?

Tonight's game against Wisconsin at 8:00 PM CST is on BTN!

Myra Gordon (5'11', G) #59 in 2020 Hoopgurlz rankings from Fort Worth area. She is the sister of Lexi Gordon who was a sophomore at UCONN but earlier this month announced she is transferring.

Between Bueckers, Lauren Ware, Alyssa Utsby, Deja Kelly, Kendall Coley, Maya Nnaji, Lauren Jensen, and Lauren Betts, there are some big time opportunities for the Gophers to score big in the next 3 recruiting classes. If the Gophers can even land 3 out of the aforementioned 8 they will be in fantastic shape for future years. Whalen will also have to fight off Hugh McCutcheon and the volleyball program for Lauren Ware and potentially Lauren Betts. Ware is a top 30 recruit in both sports.

Could be true. Announced today that is where Lexi is transferring to.

Stollings seem to be recruiting better now for Tech than us. Was her heart not into it?

https://wbbblog.com/2019/03/01/2020-class-recruiting-news-updates-march-2019/

Courtesy of Raoul (Deja Kelly also visited Oregon a couple of weeks ago):

Deja Kelly, 5-8 PG, Duncanville HS (TX): Notre Dame coaches were in Duncanville today visiting with Kelly, ranked in the top 25 in the 2020 class. Kelly reportedly took an unofficial visit to Notre Dame in December, and she recently visited Minnesota for their final home game of the regular season.

(3/5/2019)

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bask...g-North-Dakota-a-hoops-recruiting-destination

More on Lauren Ware: Still undecided between volleyball or basketball.

With some video:

Before she even decides on a school, she has to decide whether she wants to play basketball or volleyball. She's been named Gatorade Player of the Year in the state in both sports.

For now, though, she's just trying to enjoy the ride.

"I am just trying to be a kid right now," Lauren said. "It is kind of tough. My parents taught me to be a kid now because I will not have a lot of time when I go off to college so I am just having fun doing my thing now."

Gophers made the Top 15 list for Kapinus.

She dropped 9 schools and the new list is: Arizona, Auburn, Baylor, Duke, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, LSU, Louisville, Marquette, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Wisconsin.

Ones dropped were Butler, Depaul, Nebraska, Northwestern, Iowa St, Pittsburgh, Arizona St, Illinois, and Georgia Tech.

Gophers made the Top 15 list for Kapinus.

She dropped 9 schools and the new list is: Arizona, Auburn, Baylor, Duke, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, LSU, Louisville, Marquette, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Wisconsin.

Lauren will be making her college choice right after the state tournament!

http://prepspotlight.tv/mshsl

10 AM today it is Hopkins vs. Lakeville North
In terms of Recruiting, specifically class of 2020, its Paige Bueckers (Hopkins) vs. Lauren Jensen (Lakeville North)

Hopkins also has class of 2022 Maya Nnaji and Amaya Battle.

Later today (2 PM) Stillwater has 2019 gopher commit Sara Scalia and Stillwater playing. games streaming free on link above.

Hopkins won 68-46. Jensen Finished with 9 points. Hopkins double-teamed her almost instantly when she touched the ball. Bueckers scored 29 points and she made it look easy. very impressive.

http://prepspotlight.tv/mshsl

10 AM today it is Hopkins vs. Lakeville North
In terms of Recruiting, specifically class of 2020, its Paige Bueckers (Hopkins) vs. Lauren Jensen (Lakeville North)

Hopkins also has class of 2022 Maya Nnaji and Amaya Battle.

Later today (2 PM) Stillwater has 2019 gopher commit Sara Scalia and Stillwater playing. games streaming free on link above.

Hopkins won 68-46. Jensen Finished with 9 points. Hopkins double-teamed her almost instantly when she touched the ball. Bueckers scored 29 points and she made it look easy. very impressive.

LN kept it alot closer than i thought they would. Hopkins should stroll right through this tourney. Just way too much size and talent for everyone else.

bball is right...a quiet 29 for Bueckers. Jensen with only 15 points in 2 games against Hopkins this year. Hard to hold that against her, however, as Hopkins did a great job of defending her. Hopkins still with some things to work on...some defensive lapses and also too many turnovers.

Top Bottom