Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruiting

Blog Entries

Are the Gophers WBB shooting blanks for instate 2020 recruiting?
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Correct. No other Minnesota kids left to recruit in 2020. Will say kinda blows holes in the excuse of needing time to build relationships. UNC just offered her in July after new coach came in April. Kinda a shame Gopher coaches get burned for spending time on a kid only to have UNC swoop in at the end doing a lot less work and getting rewarded. Wonder what Whalen and company gotta do to get another 2020 commit

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    Yes, that was the last one they were after. 0-3, but they should still have a nice class if they can close on their targets.

Quote Originally Posted by bball_craz_26 View Post
    Correct. No other Minnesota kids left to recruit in 2020. Will say kinda blows holes in the excuse of needing time to build relationships. UNC just offered her in July after new coach came in April. Kinda a shame Gopher coaches get burned for spending time on a kid only to have UNC swoop in at the end doing a lot less work and getting rewarded. Wonder what Whalen and company gotta do to get another 2020 commit
    Still alot of time left before signing day, still alot of targets on the board. Whalen and Danielle were in Ohio yesterday visiting with Alexia Smith who'll be coming on an official visit soon, 46th ranked player on espn. http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl...er/_/id/236618

8 known offers for 3 scholarships to be exact.

Deja Kelly, 5’8 PG, Duncanville HS (TX) ESPN Ranked #17

Aaliyah Edwards, 6’2 W, Canada, ESPN Ranked #26

Leilani Kapinus, 5-10 G, Madison Memorial HS (WI) ESPN Ranked #30

Gabby Elliott, 5’10 W, Detroit Edison HS (MI) ESPN Ranked #42

Alexia Smith, 5’8 PG, Columbus HS (OH) ESPN Ranked #46

Destiny Salary, 5-10 G, Jonesboro HS (AR) ESPN Ranked #59

Treasure Thompson, 6-3 C, Bolingbrook HS (IL)

Sarah Te-Biasu , 5’3 PG, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by whalenfan View Post
    Still alot of time left before signing day, still alot of targets on the board. Whalen and Danielle were in Ohio yesterday visiting with Alexia Smith who'll be coming on an official visit soon, 46th ranked player on espn. http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl...er/_/id/236618

Quote Originally Posted by bball_craz_26 View Post
    8 known offers for 3 scholarships to be exact.

Deja Kelly, 5’8 PG, Duncanville HS (TX) ESPN Ranked #17

Aaliyah Edwards, 6’2 W, Canada, ESPN Ranked #26

Leilani Kapinus, 5-10 G, Madison Memorial HS (WI) ESPN Ranked #30

Gabby Elliott, 5’10 W, Detroit Edison HS (MI) ESPN Ranked #42

Alexia Smith, 5’8 PG, Columbus HS (OH) ESPN Ranked #46

Destiny Salary, 5-10 G, Jonesboro HS (AR) ESPN Ranked #59

Treasure Thompson, 6-3 C, Bolingbrook HS (IL)

Sarah Te-Biasu , 5’3 PG, Canada
    With the transfer market as crazy as it is, leaving a scholly or 2 open for the late period isnt a bad idea either.

Looks like we got someone

https://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...2a964015c.html
    Alyssa Ustby had an overwhelming feeling when she first set foot on the University of North Carolina campus.

That was one month ago. Thursday, she made if official. The Rochester Lourdes basketball star announced that it would be her college home a year from now. She was going to be a Tar Heel.

“As soon as I stepped on campus at North Carolina, I knew it was going to be my new home,” said Ustby, who had narrowed her choices to North Carolina and Minnesota.

“I’d been torn between Minnesota and North Carolina. But when I went on my official visit to North Carolina, I didn’t want to leave.”

Alexia Smith committed tonight

Last edited by whalenfan; 09-18-2019 at 10:35 PM.

5 Star recruit. Too bad about Ustby but we got an even better player in Smith. Go Gophers.

Can't hurt on a recruiting visit that NC has a Minnesota native on the roster, I suppose.
    I've always wondered why posters were so keen to get Ustby. Local player, I know, but she was not even in ESPN's top 100. Having just seen some (ok) video of her: Does she have an unusually big upside or something?

Very good question. Was disappointed Utsby did not pick the GOPHERS. I hope in the course of the next fours years the Gophers meet up with the Tar Heels. Game on!
    Quote Originally Posted by thatjanelpick View Post
    Can't hurt on a recruiting visit that NC has a Minnesota native on the roster, I suppose.
    I've always wondered why posters were so keen to get Ustby. Local player, I know, but she was not even in ESPN's top 100. Having just seen some (ok) video of her: Does she have an unusually big upside or something?

Default in state recruiting

Mr. Pitino, with more years under his belt here, may strike out for two years in a row on in state recruits.

So many reasons that "kids" may choose to go somewhere else versus staying "home". I've got no concerns over Whalen and her ability to get the best players - no matter where they come from.