2020 Recruiting

Ware is plenty good enough to start for Minnesota’s volleyball team and yes, Hugh and staff are pursuing her hard. She arguably has more potential in volleyball and would be catching the team in a spot where they need a quality middle blocker.

She is good but, no. The Gophers will already have three middles, two of whom were top 15 in the nation in their graduating classes, the other one of the top players in the metro.

Two are Gatorade Players of the Year. Does anyone know when Lauren Ware is deciding?

Arizona, Arizona State, Florida, Iowa, LSU, Minnesota, Nebraska, NC State, Oregon and Texas are her 10 finalists.

Two are Gatorade Players of the Year. Does anyone know when Lauren Ware is deciding?

Lauren Ware hit the game winning shot Sunday as time expired to give North Tartan the win over Paige Bueckers' Metro Stars team at the Minnesota AAU State Championships in the semifinals on Sunday. NT lost in the championship game to Minnesota Fury 2020 UAA which includes Alyssa Ustby and Mackenzie Kramer.

Kramer already committed to Lehigh. Ustby is still looking at gophers, I know it was mentioned here that she has more visits than will make a decision. Not sure who the visits are with or where she stands on gophers but my guess is 50/50 shot she a gopher

Hoping Utsby and Kramer commit to the Gophers!

Kramer already committed to Lehigh. Ustby is still looking at gophers, I know it was mentioned here that she has more visits than will make a decision. Not sure who the visits are with or where she stands on gophers but my guess is 50/50 shot she a gopher

I heard Stanford and Northwestern where looking at Utsby. Sure would like to see her in maroon and gold

Utah is a bottom half PAC 12 team. Interesting choice.

Utah is a program on the rise and they are recruiting Minnesota hard. They have been working on Ustby since she was in junior high. It pays to get to the table early.

Utah is a program on the rise and they are recruiting Minnesota hard. They have been working on Ustby since she was in junior high. It pays to get to the table early.

They have certainly been a bit better lately, the pac 12 freshman of the year just transferred out after 1 year so that cant help at all. Utah just seems like a really weird spot. Reitz is suppose to be a hell of a recruiter though.

Another General Recruiting.

Whalen tweeted out all coaches will out recruiting this weekend. Locations listed are Minnesota, New Jersey, Colorado, Texas, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Kentucky. Once again not sure what coaches will be where or what recruits will be looked at.

Another General Recruiting.

Whalen tweeted out all coaches will out recruiting this weekend. Locations listed are Minnesota, New Jersey, Colorado, Texas, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Kentucky. Once again not sure what coaches will be where or what recruits will be looked at.

Kelly was at the Lake Slam in Minnesota on Saturday and Wisconsin on Sunday. Carly was in New Jersey on Saturday and Minnesota on Sunday. Not sure where Lindsey went on Saturday but she was at the Lake Slam on Sunday. There were a boat load of D1 coaches at the Minnesota event, including Arizona, Texas, Stanford, Utah, Pitt, Boston University, Villanova, North Carolina plus all of the usual suspects from the Midwest. Players drawing the most power conference interest were juniors Alyssa Ustby and Lauren Ware, freshmen Mallory Heyer, Maya Nnaji, Amaya Battle and Nia Holloway, and 8th graders Taylor Woodson, Nunu Agara and Tessa Johnson. Lots of buzz about 7th grader Laura Hauge, too.

Kelly was at the Lake Slam in Minnesota on Saturday and Wisconsin on Sunday. Carly was in New Jersey on Saturday and Minnesota on Sunday. Not sure where Lindsey went on Saturday but she was at the Lake Slam on Sunday. There were a boat load of D1 coaches at the Minnesota event, including Arizona, Texas, Stanford, Utah, Pitt, Boston University, Villanova, North Carolina plus all of the usual suspects from the Midwest. Players drawing the most power conference interest were juniors Alyssa Ustby and Lauren Ware, freshmen Mallory Heyer, Maya Nnaji, Amaya Battle and Nia Holloway, and 8th graders Taylor Woodson, Nunu Agara and Tessa Johnson. Lots of buzz about 7th grader Laura Hauge, too.

Whalen tweeted that she was in Colorado Springs, I believe.

By my memory, Ustby, Ware, Heyer, Nnaji, Battle, Woodson and Agara all have gopher offers.

Fiveout's note was quoted on the Nebraska board.

https://huskerhoopscentral.com/forums/topic/13310-lauren-ware/?&page=2#comments

Update on post #1 in the thread: #19 Sasha Goforth committed to Oregon State.

Update on post #1 in the thread: #19 Sasha Goforth committed to Oregon State.

https://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/...o-1-wing-commits-to-oregon-state-beavers.html
Goforth, currently listed as a 4 1/2-star prospect on Prospect Nation and a four-star prospect on ESPNW, is assured five-star status when the recruiting calendar rolls over to focus on 2020 basketball prospects.

She held over 30 scholarship offers during his recruitment, but narrowed it down to a final three of Arkansas, Oregon State and Texas A&M in late April.

The Beavers began to separate themselves through relationship building and on-court success.

“I love the coaches," Goforth told Whole Hog Sports. “I love the city. They have just a really good culture there, and I like every player on the team. They only recruit a certain type of player and I really like that about them, not to mention they’re pretty good.”

How soon will Utsby make her decision and sign with a team?

Espn hoopgurlz recently updated their top 100, alot of Gopher interest in there, including commit Erin Hedman making an appearance at 88. I'll try to list their potential targets.

10. Leilani Kapinus
12. Priscilla Williams
19. Deja Kelly
30. Lauren Ware
47. Gabby Elliot
50. Alexia Smith
53. Sakima Walker
73. Destiny Salary
88. Erin Hedman (Gopher commit)
94. Halle Douglass
96. Treasure Thompson

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2020

Haven't some of those girls already committed elsewhere?

Unless the announcement wasn't made public yet, none of the ones on the list above have committed. Some have done visits (some have done unofficial and officials with the gophers as well) but none have announced their commitment. Also the only two on the list that have posted definitive lists or top 15 or 10 is Leilani Kapinus (top 15) and Lauren Ware (top 10)

Haven't some of those girls already committed elsewhere?

As Ski U Mah Gopher referenced in the general recruiting thread:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom