Station 19 has passed

freshtrout

Reaction score
Long time contributor to Gopherhole - Station 19 died yesterday. He had been declining over the past few years. Although he hasn't been able to post much over the past few months, he certainly did have a number of memorable posts over the years. Gopherhole was very important to Station 19 - it actually kept him going until the past year or so. He will be missed.

Long time contributor to Gopherhole - Station 19 died yesterday. He had been declining over the past few years. Although he hasn't been able to post much over the past few months, he certainly did have a number of memorable posts over the years. Gopherhole was very important to Station 19 - it actually kept him going until the past year or so. He will be missed.

that's so sad. Thanks for letting us know. One of the best posters.

Sad news. He was a great poster. Insightful and brief. If I recall correctly, he came up with the term "micro networks" to describe ESPNU when it other networks were on very few cable systems. He was not a fan. Eternal rest...

RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow this is a punch to the gut. I am very sorry to hear this. Station19 was a fantastic poster and a great addition to this community. This community is unique in the sustained nature of it and the personalities that emerge. I've gotten to know many of you in "real life" and have developed great friendships, and others who I haven't met, I still feel like I know well. Station19 is in the latter group and a poster I hoped to have met in person at some point.

I know he posted the last few months that he was having some medical issues and in particular, was losing his eyesight. I hope the last few months were spent with friends and family and that he was at peace with his life.

freshtrout, if Station19 was a personal friend of yours, please accept my condolences. If you know family members who knew him, please pass along condolences from a community that valued him and appreciated his contributions.

As he often signed off: +19

RIP to a great Gopher fan and an honorable contributor to this forum.

RIP to a good man.

Sometimes we meet people in person, other times via places like GopherHole. Station 19 was a good guy who we discovered via GH that he was a friend of my uncle from Alexandria. Had some great conversations with him via private messaging. It's such a small world sometimes. +19 will be missed.

I'm really sorry to hear that. If anyone here knew him or knows his friends/family, I send my condolences. I appreciate his posts and his takes. I'm sad to see a member of our Gopher family pass.

Wow this is a punch to the gut. I am very sorry to hear this. Station19 was a fantastic poster and a great addition to this community. This community is unique in the sustained nature of it and the personalities that emerge. I've gotten to know many of you in "real life" and have developed great friendships, and others who I haven't met, I still feel like I know well. Station19 is in the latter group and a poster I hoped to have met in person at some point.

I know he posted the last few months that he was having some medical issues and in particular, was losing his eyesight. I hope the last few months were spent with friends and family and that he was at peace with his life.

freshtrout, if Station19 was a personal friend of yours, please accept my condolences. If you know family members who knew him, please pass along condolences from a community that valued him and appreciated his contributions.

Awesome tribute, bleed.

Sad to hear. I'd wondered why we hadn't heard from him; didn't know he was ill.

Dang, that’s too bad. I had lots of good conversations with him, especially since we are both from the Alexandria area.

Excellent reflection on Station19. He will surely be missed and please let his family know that he had a family of friends here on GH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RIP +19

Very sorry to hear it. 19 was a staple here for a long time.

Very sad news to read. I always enjoyed Station 19's contributions to these boards and his signature "+19" that he started using when he agreed with a post. I'd like to echo others sentiments in that I hope Station 19's friends and family know that he had a number of "internet friends" here on GopherHole who thought highly of him and will miss interacting with him.

Sorry to see a fellow Gopher Holer pass. May you be hoisted to Valhalla on a slave ship rowed by Badgers.

Sad. Was a good contributor here.

Very sad news... RIP... +19

Top Bottom