Station 19 has passed

RIP Station 19. You'll be missed.

Long time contributor to Gopherhole - Station 19 died yesterday. He had been declining over the past few years. Although he hasn't been able to post much over the past few months, he certainly did have a number of memorable posts over the years. Gopherhole was very important to Station 19 - it actually kept him going until the past year or so. He will be missed.

Thanks for posting this, but sorry to read it.

Never knew him, but he added a lot and seemed like a genuine and honorable person.

Trust that his family and friends keep his memory alive and those memories keep their hearts warm.

+19

Sorry to hear, RIP Station 19.

First time I've edited my sig line in many, many years.

Hats off to Thee! You were a classy gentleman, and you will be remembered and missed.

Anyone who knows him wish to post the obituary? It would be nice to see the actual life lived by Station 19.

Anyone who knows him wish to post the obituary? It would be nice to see the actual life lived by Station 19.

That would be awesome if someone would post that. Seems crazy to be sad over the passing of someone I don't even know the name of but I had some good exchanges with him on and off the board over the years.

RIP 19 - you will definitely be missed around here.

I'll see what I can do about the obituary. It should be in the Alexandria newspaper (The Great Astonisher) any day now.

Wow, horrible news. RIP 19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sad news. Prayers to family and friends of +19. RIP.

It's difficult to talk about his last ten years. He had no family - and he became a shut-in and a recluse so to speak. GH was his life. Thank you all for chatting with him over all these years. He used to call me (often) and talk about his conversations with many of you on GH, and the current state of affairs of Gopher Basketball. But then it stopped. A group of friends tried to connect, but he refused. As I said it was difficult, and he became difficult to deal with as well. Ed knew the history of Gopher Basketball like no one else, but then his health just started to fail. There is no service, but high school friends are going to do a tribute to Ed this coming June here in Alexandria at their class reunion for the class of 67.

Sad news regarding a GH legend. RIP.

It's difficult to talk about his last ten years. He had no family - and he became a shut-in and a recluse so to speak. GH was his life. Thank you all for chatting with him over all these years. He used to call me (often) and talk about his conversations with many of you on GH, and the current state of affairs of Gopher Basketball. But then it stopped. A group of friends tried to connect, but he refused. As I said it was difficult, and he became difficult to deal with as well. Ed knew the history of Gopher Basketball like no one else, but then his health just started to fail. There is no service, but high school friends are going to do a tribute to Ed this coming June here in Alexandria at their class reunion for the class of 67.
as a sort of a “bookend”, can someone show his last half dozen posts, and the date of his last post?

I joined the gopherhole early, during the Monson years, and over the years you get a snse of the personality of the posters. I've had the pleasure of meeting some of you, and I have some favorites, views of people I want to hear. Station 19 was one of those, and it was always a pleasure to post something that warranted a +19 from him.
Hearing of a death, and freshtrout's story of his last years is a reminder to me that we're all real people, with more serious ups and downs than basketball (not to negate anyone's pain ;) It reminds me that in the age of trolls and sock puppets, this community is pretty real, and we can connect in a way that is fun and interesting.

RIP Station 19.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom