Central Florida actually made championship rings for their season

As others have pointed out, UCF's claim is far from unprecedented. Furthermore it sends a strong message to the NCAA to get their sh!t in order.

Once again, the NCAA has nothing - zip, zero, nada - to do with declaring the FBS national champion. I love how the NCAA gets blamed for things that it has nothing at all to do with.

Once again, the NCAA has nothing - zip, zero, nada - to do with declaring the FBS national champion. I love how the NCAA gets blamed for things that it has nothing at all to do with.
Great. Then UCF's claim is as legitimate as Alabama's.

They didn’t just lose, they got their ***** torn off by better teams. When a team is talented up and down the roster they usually can keep things competitive versus the likes of Rutgers, whom they also lost to. Bortenschlager was a three star sophomore. He wasn’t fresh off the boat and totally hapless. He was serviceable vs the home team....enough said about that.

Yes, but talent rankings, so........

Think about it. We are debating MD's performance the last 2 years as PROOF of their superior talent? You can't make it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can be blamed for not coming up with a system for determining an FBS national champion when they have one for every other sport, as well as one for every other division of this sport, but for some bizarre reasons deciding that this division does not need an officially sanctioned champion.

It isn't.
Sure it is. The NCAA has no say so therefore anyone can claim it. I declare the 2017 Minnesota Gophers football team to be the National Champions! Ski-U-Mah, Row the Boat, Go Gophers! This makes #8!

Sure it is. The NCAA has no say so therefore anyone can claim it. I declare the 2017 Minnesota Gophers football team to be the National Champions! Ski-U-Mah, Row the Boat, Go Gophers! This makes #8!

You are incorrect. The schools are the NCAA, and they have agreed on a process that doesn't involve the NCAA as the sanctioning body. The schools themselves commission their own committee to select the entrants who qualify for their tournament, and the champion is decided on the field. No other selector - you, UCF, or any other - is legitimate.

You are incorrect. The schools are the NCAA, and they have agreed on a process that doesn't involve the NCAA as the sanctioning body. The schools themselves commission their own committee to select the entrants who qualify for their tournament, and the champion is decided on the field. No other selector - you, UCF, or any other - is legitimate.
Anyone can declare since it's just a self designed system. Gophers 2017 National Champs! Jostens...start making the rings! [emoji41] (dpodoll, I hope you know I'm just having fun. I find the present system laughable and thus applaud UCF.)

Anyone can declare since it's just a self designed system. Gophers 2017 National Champs! Jostens...start making the rings! [emoji41] (dpodoll, I hope you know I'm just having fun. I find the present system laughable and thus applaud UCF.)

What about the present system is laughable? The schools themselves designed and agreed to the system. Who are you to say you know better than them?

I was undefeated this past year and decided to make championship rings for myself.... I was unstoppable in the back yard vs my son.

What about the present system is laughable? The schools themselves designed and agreed to the system. Who are you to say you know better than them?
Kinda like Jim Crow laws...the system is setup to benefit the privileged and stop others from participating.

For what it's worth, CFU currently has four players selected in the 2018 draft.

I like this as the new system for selecting national champions, most draft picks.

I certainly didn't say that. Just saying that they were legitimately a really good football team last year. Best team in the nation? I am not sure about that but certainly in the discussion.

They WERE included in the process. I'm quite certain the Committee reviewed their resume in detail when deciding the four playoff teams. A Committee choosing which teams get to participate in the playoff IS the process, just as it is in basketball.

I do think they're very serious about it. They put it up on the facade of their stadium.

With a real playoff, 12 or 16 teams, the word “Comittee” would be a lot less important. I wonder who the comittee will choose this year to join Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson in the “Playoff”? The suspense is killing me. I’m sure it will be a two loss Auburn, USC or Michigan joining this exclusive playoff club.

With a real playoff, 12 or 16 teams, the word “Comittee” would be a lot less important. I wonder who the comittee will choose this year to join Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson in the “Playoff”? The suspense is killing me. I’m sure it will be a two loss Auburn, USC or Michigan joining this exclusive playoff club.

Which CFP games did Ohio St. play in 2018? I must've missed those.

Top Bottom