2018 Gophers NFL Draft and FA signings

Thanks West Fargo. I appreciate the updates. I thought Celestine would get signed. I think he is a good player. Hopefully he catches on somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Richardson Santoso and Wozniak are the three who have signed so far. Many others have tryouts.

Really surprised McCrary didn't get signed immediately. I think he's got a chance to make it as a backup in the league.

NFL loves Freak Athletes. Not sure I would consider Wozniak a great athlete he is just tall, if he was 6-5 no one would care.

You are 100% right on both, but the NFL also likes freaks. It is all about matchups and some NFL coordinator is out there saying, man if I had a 6-10 TE and through a formation he can get him isolated on a CB or safety like Detroit did with Fauria (only 6’7) that’s an automatic 6 points.

You are 100% right on both, but the NFL also likes freaks. It is all about matchups and some NFL coordinator is out there saying, man if I had a 6-10 TE and through a formation he can get him isolated on a CB or safety like Detroit did with Fauria (only 6’7) that’s an automatic 6 points.

Isn't he like an extra OT blocker most of the time who can break for a catch once in a while?

He does have great strength though and his max bench was 405 pounds at the beginning of the year which was best on the team. He is an extremely overpowering blocker for a TE and is probably as good of a blocker as any TE in this draft.

That's great. He seemed very athletic, thing with him was he seemed to really struggle with fielding punts and had the yips about it. I recall he had a long return for a TD negated by a questionable arm wave, at CSU.

He had a lot of promise and it felt like he could have been the next great Sawvel DB in the NFL after Jimmie Ward, Vereen, Cedric, Murray, BBC and Myrick.

Only transferred to be closer to home, not because a lack of ability or getting buried on the depth chart.

That's great. He seemed very athletic, thing with him was he seemed to really struggle with fielding punts and had the yips about it. I recall he had a long return for a TD negated by a questionable arm wave, at CSU.

I agree. His freshman year he seemed more confident and then he struggled a bit as a soph.

Speaking of former Gophers Streveler has signed with a CFL team - Winnipeg I believe. "Mankato Jesus" PNels is also on their QB roster.

Wasn't Craig James the one who was absolutely drilled while fielding a punt? If so, after that he wasn't the same player for the Gophers. It looks like the change of schools was the wise choice for him.

Wasn't Craig James the one who was absolutely drilled while fielding a punt? If so, after that he wasn't the same player for the Gophers. It looks like the change of schools was the wise choice for him.

He was always a very solid CB for us and would have been a starter for his junior year had he stayed.

The decision to transfer was only to be closer to home and had nothing to do with football.

Top Bottom