Rich Pitino on Sports Huddle

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Gopher men's coach Richard Pitino was on the Sports Huddle on Sunday, April 22.

(these are rough notes - wasn't trying to transcribe)

Q: will you be signing more players for next year?
RP: right now looking at a lot of younger players on AAU circuit. more options now with so many transfers, 5th-year transfers. always recruiting.

Q: how do you learn about possible 5th-year transfers?
RP: with social media, players tweet about it. there are recruiting services that track transfers. No more secrets anymore.

Q: just signed transfer (Willis)?
RP: I can't talk about it just yet.

Q: what about JUCOs?
RP: will look at all options. don't want to give out scholarships just to give out a scholarship. don't have to use all 13 scholarships. good to have 1 or 2 in your back pocket to use for a transfer. have to stay healthy. we need some good luck.

Q: opponent for game at US Bank Stadium?
RP: honing on on the opponent. I think it's pretty close to being set - just waiting on some things to make announcement. This will be a quality opponent. good game for our fans.

Q: will that be considered a home game?
RP: technically, it's considered a neutral site game. in terms of NCAA, with quad 1, quad 2, a neutral site game can be valuable.

Q: long question about foreign players.
RP: didn't catch that game. (between foreign team and us junior team). basketball is a world-wide game. we'll look at foreign recruits. Canada looks like a natural fit for MN to recruit in.

Thank you SON. His comments regarding adding two people who can play this coming season to the roster, make me very nervous for his tenure.

Top Bottom