Nebraska has a QB

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
In fact, two of them, Martinez and Gebbia. If Frost wants to win right away, true frosh Martinez (10 of 13 in spring game, plus several running TDs) will start. He looks like the last Martinez did and fits the offense Frost had at Oregon and Central Florida. I don't remember Marcus Mariota being injured at Oregon, but he didn't play in the B10. A running QB is always liable to injuries. Huskers will have a better running game than last year, but defense will be a question. Passing will be strong - huge receivers all over the field, as they were throwing to the tight ends - and their two best, Spielman and Morgan were not playing because of flu.

It's going to be fine. The Gophers put up 50+ on Nebraska, that'll be the norm.

In fact, two of them, Martinez and Gebbia. If Frost wants to win right away, true frosh Martinez (10 of 13 in spring game, plus several running TDs) will start. He looks like the last Martinez did and fits the offense Frost had at Oregon and Central Florida. I don't remember Marcus Mariota being injured at Oregon, but he didn't play in the B10. A running QB is always liable to injuries. Huskers will have a better running game than last year, but defense will be a question. Passing will be strong - huge receivers all over the field, as they were throwing to the tight ends - and their two best, Spielman and Morgan were not playing because of flu.

And? Demry Croft looked good against that defense.

Boy a cocky group here. I seem to rember Nebby whoopin' the Gophers 45-20 something 2 years ago. Now if we had beat them 10+ years in a row I think we could have that attitude, now not so much.

Nebraska had different coaches and... wait for it... a different culture last year. Plus, this year it's on the road for the Gophers and also after Ohio State on the road. We may still be wounded.

Nebraska had different coaches and... wait for it... a different culture last year. Plus, this year it's on the road for the Gophers and also after Ohio State on the road. We may still be wounded.

My comment wasn't really about my expectations for the game this year. Nebraska's defense was bad last year and I think they have a long ways to go. Frost is a great offensive coach but I'm not really convinced he can coach defense, or has the staff in place to coach defense. Their QBs having a good spring game doesn't mean anything.

Their defense looks like Frost is going to have to claim a year zero. Not so sure we'll be able to stop them though. I counted W's a little prematurely last year. I won't make that mistake again. 65 percent chance Nebraska beats us this season.

I think this is spring ball and nobody has a damn idea of what teams will look like this fall at this point. If we did, Bama would be starting their 3rd string QB and Hurts would’ve already transferred for example: the sample size is too small to make predictions and conclusions. I’ll believe it when I see it from Nebraska (and the Gophers for that matter)

Their defense looks like Frost is going to have to claim a year zero. Not so sure we'll be able to stop them though. I counted W's a little prematurely last year. I won't make that mistake again. <b>65 percent chance Nebraska beats us this season.</b>

Uh-oh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another thread that instantly turned into a tool box.

...but it's year zero for Frost and company...

dOkiixy.gif

If everything that looks good in a spring game looks good in the regular season, we have 3 QB’s and a fantastic offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy a cocky group here. I seem to rember Nebby whoopin' the Gophers 45-20 something 2 years ago. Now if we had beat them 10+ years in a row I think we could have that attitude, now not so much.

You already know alot of boarders here pretend to have delusional thoughts on us as a program. We've been beaten down so much that we've gone crazy. Just have to take it with a grain of salt.

I'd lay -150 odds that Frost is better than Riley.

I'd lay +150 odds that Frost is better than Pelini.

That being said, having your freshman QB tear it up in the spring games almost certainly a bad sign.

I noticed Scott Frost brought his entire coaching staff with him to Nebraska. Bob Diaco/White Goodman not retained as DC.

After coming apart at the seams on defense and enduring the gut punch loss of a first rounder QB how many years until competitive? Probably not long. Nebraska has recruited well all along but underperformed largely pretty badly under Riley.

I'd lay -150 odds that Frost is better than Riley.

I'd lay +150 odds that Frost is better than Pelini.

That being said, having your freshman QB tear it up in the spring games almost certainly a bad sign.

From the articles about Neb spring game I read, it sounds like the QBs picked up Frost's offense fairly quickly. It definitely also sounds like Neb defense is still a work in progress.

You already know alot of boarders here pretend to have delusional thoughts on us as a program. We've been beaten down so much that we've gone crazy. Just have to take it with a grain of salt.

The historical record of the Gophers the last seven years is an average 5th Place finish in B1G West play.

Purdue is threatening to kick the Gophers down to 6th Place unless PJ Fleck truly is magical the next four years.

The Internet Era Gophers story is still being written. Which one will it be? A team that regressed, or a team that eventually will reach the pinnacle of B1G West?

Time will tell. This is probably the best chance that Gopher Football has in ages. Stay tuned.

The historical record of the Gophers the last seven years is an average 5th Place finish in B1G West play.

Purdue is threatening to kick the Gophers down to 6th Place unless PJ Fleck truly is magical the next four years.

The Internet Era Gophers story is still being written. Which one will it be? A team that regressed, or a team that eventually will reach the pinnacle of B1G West?

Time will tell. This is probably the best chance that Gopher Football has in ages. Stay tuned.
Isn't the internet era about 25 years old?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom