Heather Fleck Responds to Reusse's Negativity

Without question he has become far more cantankerous since he quit drinking. Alcohol use to give him his kicks, now his negativity towards the Gophers has taken its place. He obviously isn’t drawing a great/medium salary as he really offers nothing to the Star Tribune. Soon he will be riding off into the sunset and never be missed. His tombstone should read “I tried, I failed”.
You do realize he quit drinking over 35yrs ago. Quite some time to be " cantankerous "

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I did not call you fat, but others seem to think I’m Pat. Are you Pat? Are you fat? People sometimes think of that.

I did not call you fat, but others seem to think I’m Pat. Are you Pat? Are you fat? People sometimes think of that.

I like the Gophers way too much to be Pat. As for being Fat - I am just enjoying that posters on GH that call Pat a bully for ripping on PJ's motivational methods also think it's perfectly OK to rip on personal appearances.

All the angst over Pat's tweets in this thread can be summarized as those people like PJ and don't like Pat. All the other self righteous grandstanding is transparent and ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Who Down in Whoville Liked PJ a lot...
But the Grinch,Who lived just north of Whoville, Did NOT!
The Grinch hated PJ! The whole Football season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.

Be honest Humpty.... You aren't for ANYBODY.
If that were true, Pat wouldn't have a slot on 1500 AM. You have to take Pat with a grain of salt. He likes to poke the bear. He's actually very much like many posters on the GH. Go to the OT section and you'll see what I mean.

Every Who Down in Whoville Liked PJ a lot...
But the Grinch,Who lived just north of Whoville, Did NOT!
The Grinch hated PJ! The whole Football season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
What does this thread have to do with Bo Ryan?
468fae0ba85262ce9f1d4540296e312c.jpg

This whole conversation kind of hits home for me... I grew up in sw minn(90s) and my dad grew up in Fulda in the 70s, and to anyone in that area Sid and fat pat are on equal footing, and pats the hometown boy that somehow made it.. I had my dad read some of this thread, and he chucked a few times grumbling about people not liking “the hard truth, or just fat pats ****”... in the end, neither of the duo has been plugged into the “hot takes” in the last decade, but, man those two do love this state.

All the other self righteous grandstanding is transparent and ridiculous.

Says the guy who declared himself on a "crusade" and vowing never to give it up: the noble Sir Spoofin.

Says the guy who declared himself on a "crusade" and vowing never to give it up: the noble Sir Spoofin.

Um, you declared me to be on a crusade. I just ran with it. #Facts

You might also want to Google self righteous because criticizing PJ hardly fits.

I read Reusse tweet about Fleck and the Wild and barely noticed. These two do not like each other, at least not publicly. It's pretty common knowledge Reusse likes to tweak and poke at Gopher football fans, gopherholers in particular. The coached wife's tweet gave Reusse what he wants publicity and the satisfaction of knowing he provoked a reaction. This is really nothing, they are public figures that do not like each other. Reusse isn't going to change his behavior as a 70 year old man, dudes gonna be negative about the coach cause he calls him a self promoter. This feud isn't going anywhere. Reusse probably doesn't even care that much, he does like to poke at Fleck and it will probably continue.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

As to the bird-flipping, I equate it to when an annoying overplayed commercial comes on (for me, the JG Wentworth TV ads or the Kars for Kids radio ads are the prime examples). And that's how Fleck plays to Reusse and a lot of others - his mere image is enough to cause a gag reaction.

As to Mrs. Fleck, maybe she should have tried to make her case privately. Maybe she has to no avail, but given the way the world works today, I suspect she decided to complain publicly to ... well, I don't know why. It isn't likely to change anything with Reusse, but maybe the purpose was to get sympathy from fans?

I read Reusse tweet about Fleck and the Wild and barely noticed. These two do not like each other, at least not publicly. It's pretty common knowledge Reusse likes to tweak and poke at Gopher football fans, gopherholers in particular. The coached wife's tweet gave Reusse what he wants publicity and the satisfaction of knowing he provoked a reaction. This is really nothing, they are public figures that do not like each other. Reusse isn't going to change his behavior as a 70 year old man, dudes gonna be negative about the coach cause he calls him a self promoter. This feud isn't going anywhere. Reusse probably doesn't even care that much, he does like to poke at Fleck and it will probably continue.

+1

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
Right on. Reusse is just poking the bear and laughing when it gets riled up. I'm sure Reusse thinks this is great fun...and...he's getting paid to do it. What a great gig.

There is no question that Fleck is “fair game” for criticism, be it by fans or sports writers. It comes with the job. But critics are also “fair game” for push back by his wife Heather. And I submit that is particularly true when the critic is Reusse. The only thing consistent about his coverage of the Gopher over the years has been his negatively. I stopped reading his column some time ago. There have been suggestions that his level of negativity is not uncommon in large media markets. But that has not been my experience in the area where I live. I been following sports in The Washington Post for over 50 years and I’ve seen nothing comparable.

I have no idea what any of the central characters in this thread are planning’ plotting and/or are wanting to achieve.. maybe just messing around the way people mess around wanting to accomplish “who knows what...” Maybe they are just shooting their yaps off? Maybe they are providing contrast to get the message board community off their butts and posting. Maybe they are completely serious...maybe not. At least they got people around here moving...messaging and yelling at each other. Message and mission accomplished. That’s what the HOLE is all about. Good stuff!

Reusse is a bully and always has been! Some people just like to complain because apparently are jealous of others' success. You seem to constantly display that trait. You think you are clever and witty. I don't think so.You are a small person for trying to bully Mrs. Fleck.:(

If people don't agree with me, they are bullies. Grow up Uffda.

Heather,

Your husband is cashing in at 3.5 million per year. To coach football. Not exactly the most important job in the world. It's not a popularity contest. He signed up for this. Criticism is part of the gig. Again, at 3.5 million a year.

Grow some thicker skin.

Sincerely,

[emoji1531][emoji1531][emoji1531][emoji1531][emoji1531][emoji1531][emoji1531][emoji1531][emoji1531][emoji1531][emoji1531]

Reusse's tweet was funny because it was true. Fleck brought it on himself with "Changing the Culture", Year Zero, "To Grow You Must Fail", "Row the Boat", bringing oars to spring ball, going from a 9-4 record to 5-7 & not scoring a point in the last 2 games.

Here's how you throw it in Reusse's face, win something.

Exactly. The guy is a clown.

He does seem to have a long standing grudge with U Athletics.

Reusse does not have a grudge. He just calls it as he sees it. He was very positive on Gopher hoops, for example, going into the year, and giving Pitino credit. Then things fell apart.

He thinks Fleck is a clown and a fake, so do a lot of other people. Let Fleck price him wrong, and if he wins, Reusse will give him credit for winning, while still saying he can’t stand the show.

It’s funny how people who “call it as they see it” never see anything positive.

It’s funny how people who “call it as they see it” never see anything positive.

We haven't beaten our main rival since I was in high school. We are coming off a crap 2-7 big ten season. Calling it as you see it for this program shouldn't be that positive.

Just curious. Has any other wife of a coach in Minnesota ever said anything regarding the media etc.? I was hoping that Rebecca would have gone after Souhan. Jerry probably told her that he would take care of the idiot (I'm sure he used other words).

Top Bottom