Heather Fleck Responds to Reusse's Negativity

Exactly. Make it harder for him to make fun and what do you know?. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easily said, but what would get Pat off of his sick fascination of PJ at this point.
A Rose Bowl victory?

So anything short of that, Pat can use any antic he wants without repercussion?

The moment the video went on the board, the personal attack angle went out the window. PJ is a public figure. He made a public video with the Wild to increase fan enthusiasm. The video did nothing to help the Wild win the game, therefore drawing a parallel to the end of the Gopher season is not out of line.

Wow- the PJ video was suppose to help the Wild win the game.

Trying to draw some parallel between a video supposed to fire up a crowd at a hockey game and how a football team performed at the end of a season is funny.

It might be a very mild version of bullying and stalking, but Pat's behavior is starting to get a little weird/obsessive.

If Pat were some average Joe with a Twitter account it would be different. But when both people are public figures it gets a little weird.

Here are the legal definitions of stalking and harassment in MN.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.748

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.749

They are crimes. If you think that a curmudgeon columnist (who is paid for his opinions on sports related topics) making a joke about the state's highest paid employee failing to inspire 2 teams to wins (or competent play) and using a technically correct but not preferred first name is a very mild version of a crime, then you are, in fact, fragile.

At what point is it bullying or stalking?

What do you mean by "fragile". We are raising a point, and in turn you are choosing to label people with an emotional / mental health related response of "fragile".
"Fragile" is usually associated with mental health.
If you intended the use of the word "fragile" differently, please explain how so.

What a world we live in!!!

At what point is it "bullying" when one grown man is critiquing another grown man? Short of threatening him physically, I can't think of a scenario. It would be completely out of line for Reusse to rip on his family and go after personal issues, but "bullying" that is not a proper word for it.

"Stalking"? I guess showing up to his house and following him. That would be stalking. I guess it would start to feel a little weird if there was absolutely no reason to bring up PJ (for instance, let's say the Wild loss without the PJ video and Reusse said something like "The Wild get blanked in their last two periods, sound familiar PJ?". That would be a little obsessive, but it surely wouldn't be stalking.

If a sports journalist is commenting on a college football coach on social media, that is not stalking (it's actually really insulting to people who have been a victim of actual stalking).

Yeah, I meant fragile, like you're a fragile bunch emotionally/mentally. If you compare a sports journalist commenting on a college football coach to stalking, that is fragile in nature. It is implying that those comments should stop (we ALL agree stalking shouldn't be allowed), because you and PJ can't take them. It's incredibly fragile to characterize it as "bullying" or "stalking" because those are such awful things to happen to people. What's happening to PJ is not awful. It's actually kind of annoying, like I strongly dislike Reusse, but this reaction to Reusse is downright scary and pathetic.

Your defense of Reusse should end here:

I'm not defending Reusse, how many times do I have to say I don't like him.

I'm mocking people who call it bullying/stalking.

Yeah, I think it's pathetic for a grown man to flick off another grown man. Reusse is pathetic, i'm not defending him. He just isn't bullying or stalking PJ. Frankly, if we have a football coach who gets bullied by FatPat, we need a new coach.

Easily said, but what would get Pat off of his sick fascination of PJ at this point.
A Rose Bowl victory?

So anything short of that, Pat can use any antic he wants without repercussion?

Who cares if he ever does?

No, he doesn't think he can use any antic he wants. But he certainly can mock him on social media. That antic should NEVER have repercussion.

Who cares if he ever does?

No, he doesn't think he can use any antic he wants. But he certainly can mock him on social media. That antic should NEVER have repercussion.

Who's talking about actual repercussions?

I agree with you that it's not bullying/stalking. And I'm sure the Flecks agree with you.

My translation of what happened: Reusse tried to be funny & tweeted, Heather tweeted something to the impact of "You're an idiot."

Who's talking about repercussions?

I agree with you that it's not bullying/stalking. And I'm sure the Flecks agree with you.

My translation of what happened: Reusse tried to be funny & tweeted, Heather tweeted something to the impact of "You're an idiot."

Yeah, you and I are 100% in alignment.

The person I responded to Face the Facts has called in "bullying", "stalking" and asked "Pat can use any antic he wants without repercussion?"

If we are going to start judging people on whether they are "making the world a better place," then about 99% of humanity is going to come up short.

I personally will state that I have never done anything in my life that, in my view, constitutes "making the world a better place."

There are plenty of people who do things to make the world a better place. And a lot of them don't make a big deal out of it, or promote their good works in public forums. PJ Fleck does good things - no doubt. He also talks about it a lot. That is part of what Reusse is responding to.

It's great that the Gophers visit kids in hospitals. That's wonderful. But why do they have to make a big deal about it - tweet about it - post pictures on line? Why can't they just visit a hospital without seeking credit for it?

If a football player visits a kid in the hospital, but he doesn't post it on social media, does that matter any less to the kid and the kid's family?

Here's the thing. I appreciate negativity when warranted. I appreciate people's ability to deconstruct why the Wild can't win playoff games year after year, or why the Vikings come up short in a given year.

Ripping on whoever is the current Gopher Football head coach is not a brave contrarian view.

"I boldly predict the Gopher Football Team won't be successful with their new head coach".
You could say that at anytime over the last 50 years and you never would have been wrong.
I agree with you. I am just saying people shouldn't acknowledge trolls. And just win and it will all stop anyway.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

It's great that the Gophers visit kids in hospitals. That's wonderful. But why do they have to make a big deal about it - tweet about it - post pictures on line? Why can't they just visit a hospital without seeking credit for it?

If a football player visits a kid in the hospital, but he doesn't post it on social media, does that matter any less to the kid and the kid's family?

Why do you assume that the only reason they do philanthropic work is to seek credit for it? What about promoting the good works of the football team for any number of reasons - to counter negative opinions that they're selfish, stupid jocks; to show what the football program is all about to recruits and encourage them to join the "family"; to set a standard for other athletes at the U and elsewhere to aspire to; and many other reasons one could think of.

Why do you assume that the only reason they do philanthropic work is to seek credit for it? What about promoting the good works of the football team for any number of reasons - to counter negative opinions that they're selfish, stupid jocks; to show what the football program is all about to recruits and encourage them to join the "family"; to set a standard for other athletes at the U and elsewhere to aspire to; and many other reasons one could think of.

Nothing wrong with blowing your own horn every once in a while. Hell, when a group of Vikings visit a gas station it's all over the media and you don't have people ripping on that. Reusse has a feather up his ars about Gopher Football in general. His ridiculous article a few weeks back promoting the fact that the Gophers don't deserve a new practice facility and that they should take their show on the road to Rochester is case in point. He is one miserable wretched old man!

If we are going to start judging people on whether they are "making the world a better place," then about 99% of humanity is going to come up short.

I personally will state that I have never done anything in my life that, in my view, constitutes "making the world a better place."

There are plenty of people who do things to make the world a better place. And a lot of them don't make a big deal out of it, or promote their good works in public forums. PJ Fleck does good things - no doubt. He also talks about it a lot. That is part of what Reusse is responding to.

It’s partially just PR which is fine but attention hounds will turn a sizable segment of people off. Also, in the age of social media narcissism is not only celebrated it’s considered an admirable and bankable trait (Kardashian's , Kanye, and many, many more). As a good stoic Lutheran I was raised to view self promotion and narcissism as a minor character flaw. One example of this: I can recall my hometown orthodontist (and family friend) driving a 25 yr old pickup around town despite being relatively wealthy individual because people looked askance at show offs. It’s a different age with different norms.

Here are the legal definitions of stalking and harassment in MN.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.748

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.749

They are crimes. If you think that a curmudgeon columnist (who is paid for his opinions on sports related topics) making a joke about the state's highest paid employee failing to inspire 2 teams to wins (or competent play) and using a technically correct but not preferred first name is a very mild version of a crime, then you are, in fact, fragile.

Mind you I'm arguing it could be considered a very mild form of bullying/stalking. There are forms of bullying/stalking that are not crimes.

Mind you I'm arguing it could be considered a very mild form of bullying/stalking. There are forms of bullying/stalking that are not crimes.

Criticizing someone’s work performance or calling them by their legal name will never constitute harassment.

Not in response to any individual. Just a thought when I saw 11 pages on this thread.

Your defense of Reusse should end here:

I was pretty much fine with everything Reusse and Heather have done until seeing this tweet about Reusse flipping off the video board. Twitter is Twitter. People say lots of things. Reusse loves being negative. Heather prefers positivity. Whatever. They aren't going to see eye to eye. That's fine. Both of them are irrelevant to me anyway as they have no influence on my life or happiness.

But giving the bird to a video of a guy? That's just odd. It's makes it sound to me like there is something more personal going on here. I mean, there are people that I don't really like, but I don't think I have ever flicked off a video of someone. It sounds like something a 14 year old would do. Honest question: is anyone aware of something happening (confrontation, etc.) between Reusse and Fleck?

Alcoholics will always say that they are an alcoholic. Not that they are still drinking but some of the traits of alcoholism is there hence AA. I doubt Reusse has taken part in the 12 step program in an attempt to make amends and to improve his life. So in his case, "once a pig, always a pig."

One point people are missing: This has been going on for 15 months and this is her first response.

Kind of like Popeye when he fights Bluto. He goes "I can't stands no more". Maybe the tweet was just from the accumulation of ****.

I don't mind Heather going after Fat Pat one bit. His game is old, tiresome and cliche. It's hard to take after a while, and it is a destructive personality trait and it sucks having those kind of people around you.

For some reason, he likes to think his opinions are relevant and important to all of us, yet he has never accomplished anything of redeeming social value in his life.

Frankly, I'd prefer she punched him in the throat and knocked him on his arse. He'd go down like Humpty Dumpty.

One point people are missing: This has been going on for 15 months and this is her first response.

Kind of like Popeye when he fights Bluto. He goes "I can't stands no more". Maybe the tweet was just from the accumulation of ****.

I agree

Alcoholics will always say that they are an alcoholic. Not that they are still drinking but some of the traits of alcoholism is there hence AA. I doubt Reusse has taken part in the 12 step program in an attempt to make amends and to improve his life. So in his case, "once a pig, always a pig."

And you know this how?

Reusse will stand by his "He's a BS'er and I know it" viewpoint. But I'm sure he's laughing it up behind the walls that he got a reaction from his wife.

I'm thinking he might amp it up a notch about how PJ's fair maiden had to come to his rescue, etc.

Reusse gets clicks, so he's happy about that, but talk about a troll job. That's exactly what Reusse has been doing since he harbored delusions of grandeur that he could write.

Fixed it for you.

Kids today don't even know what a newspaper is, nor do they know what the online electronic version of it is. Twitter....different story.

His articles are on line though and he is on the radio, seriously dumb response.

And you know this how?

My father use to be a mean alcoholic. Put people down constantly and made life miserable for people around him with his drinking. Until he started making amends he finally got on the right path. He had a lot of amends to make. Visit an AA if you want more information. Doesn't sound like you're aware of it. End of story.

Reusse only compliments auxiliary Minnesota sports. Wouldn’t be caught dead complimenting basketball or football

I recall Pat speaking in (almost) hushed tones about the Gophers winning 4 Big Ten games in a row. So you're wrong.

Since the PJ video was displayed on the big board at the X, the Wild have now gone 3 consecutive periods without a goal...just sayin[emoji12]

My father use to be a mean alcoholic. Put people down constantly and made life miserable for people around him with his drinking. Until he started making amends he finally got on the right path. He had a lot of amends to make. Visit an AA if you want more information. Doesn't sound like you're aware of it. End of story.

You know a lot about people you don’t know.

Top Bottom