Heather Fleck Responds to Reusse's Negativity

Whatever happened to going down to someone’s office and throwing chairs around?

It’s funny how people who “call it as they see it” never see anything positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s not true. I just cited a positive - he had very positive articles about Gopher hoops last year and earlier in the year. He had very positive articles during Mason’s time, Kill’s time, etc. When teams do well, he will say it. When they don’t, and especially when a coach is over the top, such as Brewster and Fleck, he will pile on. He’s been clear he doesn’t like Fleck’s style. If he wins though, he will give him credit for winning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whatever happened to going down to someone’s office and throwing chairs around?

I doubt that Reusse's office in a men's room stall at the S.T. has any furnishings other than the industrial toilet paper dispenser.

Sorry Heather, PJ needs to win, and if he doesn't win he will be ridiculed. This is Big Ten football, you don't get an A for effort. And seriously, it is kind of silly for wives to stick up for their husbands on twitter. Shocker, wife of coach making millions thinks people should be nicer to her husband. If the team doesn't start winning Mrs. Fleck may need some thicker skin.

Sorry Heather, PJ needs to win, and if he doesn't win he will be ridiculed. This is Big Ten football, you don't get an A for effort. And seriously, it is kind of silly for wives to stick up for their husbands on twitter. Shocker, wife of coach making millions thinks people should be nicer to her husband. If the team doesn't start winning Mrs. Fleck may need some thicker skin.

Nailed it.

I've heard some whoppers but...in my experience this is false. You'd also be hard-pressed to prove this claim. Coaches are routinely roasted for underperforming all across the country.
Man you are an impatient sob.

Heather and PJ are a team and they are very deliberate with any and all media interaction. I don't buy for 1 second that they didn't discuss this and what to post prior to it happening.

Man you are an impatient sob.

Wrong. I’ve routinely said he’ll get at least 4 years and more likely 5-6, depending on circumstances. I don’t ingest every column, radio show, or tweet of Reusse’s like some of you apparently do so I haven’t developed the same hatred. I do think Reusse’s tweet was mildly funny but probably uncalled for. Really, it was a “so what”? There had to be something else going on.

How many tens or hundreds of thousands of previously oblivious MN sports fans now know about PJ presiding over a really bad 2017 team that put up goose eggs the last couple games, that wouldn’t have if Heather had sent a private message instead?

I just checked and Reusse only has 34000 tweet followers. I also noticed things are escalating not calming down - he just unloaded a broadside against some haters and PJ...oh boy.

Reusse

‏@1500ESPN_Reusse
43 minutes ago

Reusse:

If I was the tactless, vindictive type, I would compare beaming young woman in blue dress & bonnet to a local lady who has recently expressed her disgust w/ me on social media, but I'm not. The adoration in the smile is great, though.Reusse added

Bill Fehlberg

Replying to @1500ESPN_Reusse:

You could attend a Gopherholer football fundraiser, too?

If Reusse gets to be a complete ass clown whenever he wants Heather Fleck has every right to call him out. It’s not like there’s a lot of Patrick Reusse fans out there, and in Gopher Sports fandom there are hardly any.

Reusse does not have a grudge. He just calls it as he sees it. He was very positive on Gopher hoops, for example, going into the year, and giving Pitino credit. Then things fell apart.

He thinks Fleck is a clown and a fake, so do a lot of other people. Let Fleck price him wrong, and if he wins, Reusse will give him credit for winning, while still saying he can’t stand the show.

I don’t thinking trolling simply for the sake of getting people riled up is “calling it as he sees it”.

If Reusse gets to be a complete ass clown whenever he wants Heather Fleck has every right to call him out. It’s not like there’s a lot of Patrick Reusse fans out there, and in Gopher Sports fandom there are hardly any.

Of course she can. No one is saying that she can't. Some people of hinted that she probably shouldn't (not feeding trolls, thicker skin, etc.). That's how this whole thing works, Reusse can have any opinion he wants, Heather can defend PJ if she wants and we can all judge the whole episode or say anything we want.

Where it starts to get weird is when you start calling it "bullying" or "stalking" and start talking about repercussions.

Of course she can. No one is saying that she can't. Some people of hinted that she probably shouldn't (not feeding trolls, thicker skin, etc.). That's how this whole thing works, Reusse can have any opinion he wants, Heather can defend PJ if she wants and we can all judge the whole episode or say anything we want.

Where it starts to get weird is when you start calling it "bullying" or "stalking" and start talking about repercussions.

Nailed it. Contrary to what you may see on the Hole, there does not need to be any uniformity of thought on PJ Fleck. I have no love loss for Reusse, but he can put his thoughts out there just the same as the Flecks.

And let's not rewrite history about PJ's "positivity." He is positive about himself and what HE is doing. He routinely self servingly knocks the past culture of this program and the players and coaches that were part of it. And that negativity can rub Gopher fans the wrong way, although it may inspire PJ Fleck fans.

Common had a good bit on this whole thing this morning. When you look at the local sports media types as a whole, it tilts toward the positive on Fleck...with the TV sports anchors contributing a lot to the positive side. My two cents...take it all with a grain of salt.

Good on her. Reusse and Souhan are creeps, cannot stand them.

We haven't beaten our main rival since I was in high school. We are coming off a crap 2-7 big ten season. Calling it as you see it for this program shouldn't be that positive.
This.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Well, at least they stopped short of threatening to drag him in to EOAA kangaroo court. ;)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom