Heather Fleck Responds to Reusse's Negativity

Reusse has trolled everyone other than Tom Kelly and Bud Grant since he's been here.

He's got full-court-press on PJ since he's been here. It's a pure troll job with no reasonable discussion to back it up or not valid conversation if PJ has done anything good.

I think Heather did the right thing. You leave it pass and ignore it. After a year or so, you ask why.

What I find sickening now are the people referring to Heather with phrases like "momma bear" and "Angry wife" to discount her opinion or right to have a civil discourse about why Reusse acts like this. Neither Heather nor PJ (from what we know) have done anything to hurt Pat Reusse in anyway. This is all unprovoked, so it's a logical question to ask why.
Poke, poke, poke...[emoji199]
FtF, take the stick out of your @$$, it'll help you lighten up. [emoji56]

I think Phat Pat has some talent as a teller of tales, but as a human being, he was poisoned by SOucheray a long time ago into being a negative slime ball. GOOD FOR HEATHER for calling him out. What a prick to write what he did. Souch is a lient denier & as dumb as a post. I think Viking playrs gave him crap and he has held a grudge ever since. His stjupid garage logic crap has flallen to the stupidityu level of the Rookie, who is as dumb as Sooch and is his Pence. Reusse, it's time to retire, put on a bib and eat your words along with your old man's rabbit stew.

There was a time when I would tune in to Garage Logic but Soucheray is just awful to listen to. It's the same show every day - find some story on the wire about something some millennial did (or, whatever name it is he gives people who engage in activities he doesn’t agree with…I forget), then ask The Rookie (a 50-year old rookie?) over, and over, and over, and over again what is happening to the world today; and repeat over, and over, and over again that he does not understand. He’s an old crotch.
Oh, and Reusse sucks, too.

Reusse is a sour, bitter and yes a jealous guy. PJ has everything he doesn't! Many GH have some strong feelings about Fleck, but as most can agree on is....what do the athletes think....well, it seems like Fleck has changed the culture and is doing a world of good for young men. If Reusse wants to bash Fleck, all he does is show what a small human being he is.

Ya, I ripped into him on Twitter. Reusse is such a ******. She was completely right to call him out. He's a troll & a walking punchline, at this point. Anything he can do to bring down College athletics, so as to not let them cut into the pro teams profits, he will do. But hey, it's not like Glen Taylor has controlling interest of the paper... Oh wait, yes he does. At this point Reusse couldn't meet the journalistic integrity standards of "The Onion".

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There was a time when I would tune in to Garage Logic but Soucheray is just awful to listen to. It's the same show every day - find some story on the wire about something some millennial did (or, whatever name it is he gives people who engage in activities he doesn’t agree with…I forget), then ask The Rookie (a 50-year old rookie?) over, and over, and over, and over again what is happening to the world today; and repeat over, and over, and over again that he does not understand. He’s an old crotch.
Oh, and Reusse sucks, too.

Heather will learn that Reusse is irrelevant and has an extremely low market share. I get it's hard to ignore stupid attacks on your family but he is a well paid coach. The less attention he gets, the better.

Ya, I ripped into him on Twitter. Reusse is such a ******. She was completely right to call him out. He's a troll & a walking punchline, at this point. Anything he can do to bring down College athletics, so as to not let them cut into the pro teams profits, he will do. But hey, it's not like Glen Taylor has controlling interest of the paper... Oh wait, yes he does. At this point Reusse couldn't meet the journalistic integrity standards of "The Onion".

Why does Patrick Reusse care what the profits of the pro teams are?

Maybe Glenn Taylor will get tired of his antics. Does Reusse ever lay it on the Wolves and the Lynx?

Heather,

Your husband is cashing in at 3.5 million per year. To coach football. Not exactly the most important job in the world. It's not a popularity contest. He signed up for this. Criticism is part of the gig. Again, at 3.5 million a year.

Grow some thicker skin.

Sincerely,

That is easy for you to say. PJ is pouring every ounce of energy he has into the program and the area’s top sport columnist takes every chance he can to mock and ridicule him. It is hard not to be affected over time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If Reusse writes about town baseball or high school basketball, I read it, it is usually very good and he sticks to his topic. anything else he writes about is garbage, he is always taking shots at the U even when he writes about something else. I refuse to read him unless for the aforementioned topics. He is very bitter about something or someone at the U and it is just how he is. Why any gopher fan would click on is stuff I'll never know.

Maybe Heather Fleck or somebody else should whisper into Glenn Taylor's ears...

Sometime Reusse just goes overboard and hurt people trying to do good in this community. Funny is one thing. This is beyond funny at the expense of others.

I dropped my Strib subscription a few years back now when Soupcan was making a mockery out of Jerry Kill and his epilepsy.

Why he has to resort to the lowest level of journalism if you call it that? He is a talented writer when he wants to.

Maybe Glenn Taylor will get tired of his antics. Does Reusse ever lay it on the Wolves and the Lynx?

Lynx are winners, so no.

Bud Grant and Tom Kelly might have earned his praise by being the most successful coaches at their respective teams.

Heather does not need to say anything. She has every right to, but if people liken her to a momma bear, I don’t think that is unflattering or unwarranted. She wasn’t Pat’s target. And Pat wasn’t poking fun at his charitable work, or his ability to help young men.

This one was a cheap shot at a moment of fun, and I didn’t find it funny. Odd she found this to be her last straw, but I don’t know her and how she thinks the world views PJ.

Because an owner of a pro team, also owns the paper he works for. It's pretty easy to get.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rather than worry about hurt feelings, maybe he worries that readers will not take a paper seriously if it is censored by the owner. He wants to make money at both enterprises, and sports teams are cyclical.

Glen rarely ever does things constructive. He needs to step away from his operations particularly in sports. Would you call the Woofies a success overall?

If Reusse writes about town baseball or high school basketball, I read it, it is usually very good and he sticks to his topic. anything else he writes about is garbage, he is always taking shots at the U even when he writes about something else. I refuse to read him unless for the aforementioned topics. He is very bitter about something or someone at the U and it is just how he is. Why any gopher fan would click on is stuff I'll never know.

He does seem to have a long standing grudge with U Athletics.

+1

I'd add that almost every article headline he writes is negative. Even going back to the 1980's.

Better off to just ignore and move on. Can't get worked up on stuff like this. It's bad for your health and its what Reusse wants. To get us going.

Am I surprised Heather responded? Yes.

Does it make her appear bad? Some would say it does.

But why? She's confronting an online bully essentially.

Aren't we telling our kids to not be bullies? Does this make it different somehow that she's the wife instead of the direct target?
If so, why and how?

Haven't listened to 1500 for years and rarely read Star Tribune stories other than headlines. We all have enough information these days via other outlets to form our own opinions. I don't need to pay attention to Pat. Next....

Because an owner of a pro team, also owns the paper he works for. It's pretty easy to get.

It's not at all easy to get. Why does Patrick Reusse care whether Glen Taylor makes money? How does it affect his life in any way?

Am I surprised Heather responded? Yes.

Does it make her appear bad? Some would say it does.

But why? She's confronting an online bully essentially.

Aren't we telling our kids to not be bullies? Does this make it different somehow that she's the wife instead of the direct target?
If so, why and how?

Give us a break. Bullies pick on people who can't defend themselves. Defenseless doesn't describe Fleck or any other highly paid coach, athlete, general manage, AD, owner, or sports personality in town. Other than Sid, I doubt there is even one member of the local sports media who hasn't criticized or made fun of Fleck since he arrived. I know this because I read the Strib and Pioneer Press, and listen to KSTP, KFAN, and WCCO radio every day.

And there is rarely a day that goes by that the GopherHole Football Board doesn't have a thread brimming full of posters criticizing or making fun of Fleck. Most GopherHolers despise Reusse; they love to post about it; and it is all music to his ears. Trolling GopherHole is a major form of recreation and amusement for Reusse. This thread has made his day.

Steps up onto soapbox...

"Why does the Star-Tribune have such absolutely terrible sports writers? I mean, really bad. They're not informed on sports, don't add any insight, they aren't entertaining in any way. They're the anti-Elite of writers. It's no wonder that the Trib is having such a hard time selling subscriptions. If you want people to read what you write, get some decent writers."

... And that's all for now

I think Phat Pat has some talent as a teller of tales, but as a human being, he was poisoned by SOucheray a long time ago into being a negative slime ball. GOOD FOR HEATHER for calling him out. What a prick to write what he did. Souch is alient denier & as dumb as a post. I think Viking playrs gave him crap and he has held a grudge ever since. His stjupid garage logic crap has flallen to the stupidityu level of the Rookie, who is as dumb as Sooch and is his Pence. Reusse, it's time to retire, put on a bib and eat your words along with your old man's rabbit stew.

Too funny. Honestly, it’s probably not wise for her to do publicly what she did (or the above) - he thrives on this kind of stuff. The only way to (temporarily) shut up doubters and haters is to be “their kind of guy” and/or meet or exceed win expectations, and in sports success will always be fleeting so... PJ seems to understand he’s not everyone’s cup of tea and is ok with it. I can’t think of a single person everyone has nothing but love and admiration for...maybe JC?

Give us a break. Bullies pick on people who can't defend themselves. Defenseless doesn't describe Fleck or any other highly paid coach, athlete, general manage, AD, owner, or sports personality in town. Other than Sid, I doubt there is even one member of the local sports media who hasn't criticized or made fun of Fleck since he arrived. I know this because I read the Strib and Pioneer Press, and listen to KSTP, KFAN, and WCCO radio every day.

And there is rarely a day that goes by that the GopherHole Football Board doesn't have a thread brimming full of posters criticizing or making fun of Fleck. Most GopherHolers despise Reusse; they love to post about it; and it is all music to his ears. Trolling GopherHole is a major form of recreation and amusement for Reusse. This thread has made his day.

Criticism is fine. Reusse is not. Just because PJ Fleck makes a lot of money does not preclude him from being bullied. Just like money and fame don’t prevent depression.

You can deny it all you want but it’s obviously affecting his family emotionally. Harassing an individual to the point of emotional distress is classic bullying and we need to recognize that. Reusse won’t but, as a community, we need to condemn it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steps up onto soapbox...

"Why does the Star-Tribune have such absolutely terrible sports writers? I mean, really bad. They're not informed on sports, don't add any insight, they aren't entertaining in any way. They're the anti-Elite of writers. It's no wonder that the Trib is having such a hard time selling subscriptions. If you want people to read what you write, get some decent writers."

... And that's all for now

Amelia Rayno was the worst sports writer I’ve ever seen. She had no idea.

Maybe it would be worth at least matching the 9 win season flecks predecessor was fired for before anyone in his camp complains about him being made fun of.

Reusse's tweet was funny because it was true. Fleck brought it on himself with "Changing the Culture", Year Zero, "To Grow You Must Fail", "Row the Boat", bringing oars to spring ball, going from a 9-4 record to 5-7 & not scoring a point in the last 2 games.

Here's how you throw it in Reusse's face, win something.

Same on PJ for .... slogans?

It's not at all easy to get. Why does Patrick Reusse care whether Glen Taylor makes money? How does it affect his life in any way?
Because, according to several posters here, if you don’t have blind allegiance to management you should be fired, even if your job is to render an opinion. One poster even seems to say Mrs. Fleck should whisper in Taylor’s ear, as if he does not have an ear of his own.

Too funny. Honestly, it’s probably not wise for her to do publicly what she did (or the above) - he thrives on this kind of stuff. The only way to (temporarily) shut up doubters and haters is to be “their kind of guy” and/or meet or exceed win expectations, and in sports success will always be fleeting so... PJ seems to understand he’s not everyone’s cup of tea and is ok with it. I can’t think of a single person everyone has nothing but love and admiration for...maybe JC?

Herod and Pilate as outliers. Come on Jesus you’re no fool take a walk across my pool, if you do this for me, then I’ll let you go free, come on king of the Jews.

Top Bottom