Falcons showing interest in tall Minnesota tight end prospect, Nate Wozniak

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per The Falcons Wire:

The Falcons have faith in Austin Hooper but they could use another dynamic tight end to round out the rotation. They might be looking to find one in this year’s NFL draft.

According to a report by Aaron Wilson at the Houston Chronicle, Atlanta is one of 15 teams that have spoken with Minnesota’s 6-foot-10 tight end prospect Nate Wozniak.

Wozniak was a three-year starter for the Golden Gophers and earned the Bruce Smith Award.

His size makes him a potentially stellar blocker at the goal line and teams may see him more as an extra offensive lineman than a pass catcher. However, Wozniak can reel them in and break off some yards under the right circumstances.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com...nterest-in-tall-minnesota-tight-end-prospect/

Go Gophers!!

per The Falcons Wire:

The Falcons have faith in Austin Hooper but they could use another dynamic tight end to round out the rotation. They might be looking to find one in this year’s NFL draft.

According to a report by Aaron Wilson at the Houston Chronicle, Atlanta is one of 15 teams that have spoken with Minnesota’s 6-foot-10 tight end prospect Nate Wozniak.

Wozniak was a three-year starter for the Golden Gophers and earned the Bruce Smith Award.

His size makes him a potentially stellar blocker at the goal line and teams may see him more as an extra offensive lineman than a pass catcher. However, Wozniak can reel them in and break off some yards under the right circumstances.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com...nterest-in-tall-minnesota-tight-end-prospect/

Go Gophers!!

Good for Nate! I think he carves out a nice career in the NFL.

Houston Chronicle: Texans inquire about 6-10, 270-pound Minnesota TE

The Texans have made inquiries about an imposing tight end: 6-10, 270-pound Minnesota standout Nate Wozniak.

Wozniak has drawn interest from 20 NFL teams, including the Atlanta Falcons, Washington, Miami Dolphins and Philadelphia Eagles.

Wozniak caught seven passes for 104 yards last season and was named the Golden Gophers' Outstanding Offensive Player.

Saquon Barkley wasn't always a can't-miss player, but his coaches, teammates and family reveal to SI how he transformed himself into one of the highest-regarded draft prospects of the decade.

He finished his career with 28 receptions for 314 yards.

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-inquire-Minnesota-TE-Nate-Wozniak-12844029.php

Go Gophers!!

Hopefully it works out for him at the next level. Don't think he will ever amount to much of a pass catching threat but with a good QB I guess anything is possible. His size could definitely pose some matchup problems in the right system.

Not sure if this makes me laugh or cry:

"Wozniak caught seven passes for 104 yards last season and was named the Golden Gophers' Outstanding Offensive Player."

I could see a team with a heavy tight end usage offense like the Pats or Eagles taking Nate too.

Hopefully it works out for him at the next level. Don't think he will ever amount to much of a pass catching threat but with a good QB I guess anything is possible. His size could definitely pose some matchup problems in the right system.

I'm not sure QB was the issue for lack of pass catching. He dropped a lot of catchable balls.

I hope he carves out a niche in the NFL. Wish nothing but good things for him. Supposedly he had great hands in practice. Hopefully he can figure that out and be a receiving threat also.

Wozniak can reel them in and break off some yards under the right circumstances.
Under the right circumstances? What would that be, a touch football game at the Y? He seemed like a 6'10" brick handed TE whenever a pass was thrown his way. What are the numbers on catches to drops for the Woz?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

His size makes him a potentially stellar blocker

Did we ever see the fabled fade TD in the red zone? I can only recall the abortion of a play where he stopped short at the goal line and Croft overthrew him.

Can he jump? Any measurables come out of Pro Day? He always looked like he belonged on a basketball court. Definitely a unique athlete and an impressive sight and I can see teams intrigued by that. Unfortunately he never seemed real athletic in terms of speed or change of direction, and those unreliable stone hands.

He should have been on the basketball roster this season...wtf

Atlanta is on to something. He is 6'10" - just throw the ball up high where only Woz can catch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'll never amount to a pass catching threat but he was at times a dominant blocker for us the least two years.

At the beginning of the year, he had the highest max bench press on the team at 405 pounds.

Top Bottom