Rosemount WR Jonathan Mann commits to the Gophers

Jonathan Mann at a glance

Honored hurdler: In addition to his football prowess, Mann is a four-time all-state performer on the track. At the Class 2A state meet last spring, he placed second in the 110-meter hurdles and ran a leg of Rosemount's third place 4x200 relay.

Help from mom: At the urging of Gophers coach P.J. Fleck, Kathy Mann purchased a JUGS football machine (which she found on Craigslist) to help develop her son's hands. He caught 100 balls per day last spring and summer.

Maroon and gold goals: "They are building some pretty elite wide receivers, which is exciting," said Mann, a nod to current Gophers Tyler Johnson and Rashod Bateman.

http://www.startribune.com/rosemount-s-jonathan-mann-at-a-glance/562774382/

Go Gophers!!

Humble Gopher recruit Jonathan Mann returns to form for Rosemount

Mann, a 6-4, 200-pound receiver with great speed, was the first player from the Class of 2020 to give a verbal commitment to Gophers coach P.J. Fleck. He chose Minnesota over Arkansas, Iowa and Iowa State.

The April 2018 announcement came after a strong sophomore season in which Mann caught 30 passes for 662 yards and seven touchdowns. Extra defensive attention, and internal pressure to be even better, followed. The result: A humbling junior season, with 24 catches for 362 yards and just one touchdown.

This fall he returned to form as the primary game-breaker for Rosemount (3-3) through six games, hauling in 18 passes for 510 yards and five scores. He enjoyed a signature four-touchdown game on Sept. 20 against Farmington.

"It's going pretty well," said Mann, who plays on Friday at Burnsville. "Every route I run, every block I make, every catch, it's about confidence for me. I'm just getting more and more confident in my abilities."

http://www.startribune.com/humble-g...mann-returns-to-form-for-rosemount/562750142/

Go Gophers!!

Add another 75+ yards and 2 TDs to his stats after playing in crappy conditions last night at Burnsville. I get to see a lot of Rosemount games and something has clicked for Mann over the second part of the season here. He has always been a really impressive athlete but he is truly starting to play like a D1 player.

Kept waiting for Mann to start playing like he was the biggest, fastest player on the field....and that finally seems to be happening. Will be interesting to see how he fits into the mix at WR U.

Top Bottom