GopherSports: Game Themes Announced for 2018 season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

The athletic department announced today game themes for each home contest next season. They are listed below:

2018 Game Themes:
Aug. 30 vs. New Mexico State - Home Opener
Sept. 8 vs. Fresno State - Celebrate Ag Day // High School Band and Cheer
Sept. 15 vs. Miami (OH) - Champions Day
Oct. 6 vs. Iowa - Homecoming
Oct. 26 vs. Indiana - Parents and Family Weekend
Nov. 10 vs. Purdue - Military Appreciation // Salute to Service (send a service member to the game!)
Nov. 17 vs. Northwestern - Senior Day

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041718aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

per GopherSports:

The athletic department announced today game themes for each home contest next season. They are listed below:

2018 Game Themes:
Aug. 30 vs. New Mexico State - Home Opener
Sept. 8 vs. Fresno State - Celebrate Ag Day // High School Band and Cheer
Sept. 15 vs. Miami (OH) - Champions Day
Oct. 6 vs. Iowa - Homecoming
Oct. 26 vs. Indiana - Parents and Family Weekend
Nov. 10 vs. Purdue - Military Appreciation // Salute to Service (send a service member to the game!)
Nov. 17 vs. Northwestern - Senior Day

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041718aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

And here I thought I went to games just to see a football game......

And here I thought I went to games just to see a football game......
Which game are we doing the anthracite-out?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

I feel like the iowa game should be the celebrate ag game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheesh...just win the home games and we got 7 wins.

Sheesh...just win the home games and we got 7 wins.

I'm thinking we might be able to save the white shoes for road games.

This schedule was a main contributor in canceling my season tickets this year!

I'm thinking we might be able to save the white shoes for road games.

We're soo young though...over 100 guys in our program are not seniors. But, for a brief moment I was dreaming maybe we could actually do that Spoofin. Then PJ's sound bytes echoing in my head snapped me right out of it. We need the white shoes all 15 games.

I hope they didn't pay big money to a consultant for those themes. Personal favorite: "Home opener." How did they come up with that?

Which game are we doing the anthracite-out?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Same day as Celebrate Black and White Television Day. So we don’t have to see the terrible uni combo with the shiny gold lids and yellow gold pants.

I can't wait for the first "gold out". Our crowd is very impressive at how badly we fail that every attempt.

I can't wait for the first "gold out". Our crowd is very impressive at how badly we fail that every attempt.

It would help if we had a specific gold. UMN has ranged from Notre Dame gold to Michigan maize over the years. Better to call for a rainbow theme.

I was hoping for a Goldy Bobblehead game. I would fly in for that one!

It would help if we had a specific gold. UMN has ranged from Notre Dame gold to Michigan maize over the years. Better to call for a rainbow theme.

And that we don't have a "main" color out of the two. Gopher apparel is split pretty much 50-50 between Maroon and Gold. Compare that to Nebraska, where their apparel trends more toward red than white.

But think of all the different shades of anthracite we've had too!

But think of all the different shades of anthracite we've had too!

Goid out, Maroon out, Anthracite out.....

ALL IMPOSSIBLE AGAIN!

FIRST, WE NEED A SELL OUT!!!!

ps...not an announced sell out:clap:

Why are we one of the only schools when we try Gold Outs or similar who don’t give the fans t-shirts? It’s so stupid, particularly when we have two colors that people wear to represent the team.

We're soo young though...over 100 guys in our program are not seniors. But, for a brief moment I was dreaming maybe we could actually do that Spoofin. Then PJ's sound bytes echoing in my head snapped me right out of it. We need the white shoes all 15 games.

:clap:

Why are we one of the only schools when we try Gold Outs or similar who don’t give the fans t-shirts? It’s so stupid, particularly when we have two colors that people wear to represent the team.

The U can't afford t-shirts b/c we keep firing coaches and buying "Hope" instead. Also, what size do you buy for the vacant seats?

The U can't afford t-shirts b/c we keep firing coaches and buying "Hope" instead. Also, what size do you buy for the vacant seats?

Knowing MN fans, at least a few would show up simply for the free shirt :)

Top Bottom