Mark Williams?

Hmm, I swear I saw him on a play at the spring game. Not totally surprising as the coach publicly said other guys have priority on playing time.

I don't believe he did play. I watched the game on the BTN tape delay and never saw him, which prompted me to look at the roster only to see his name not there anymore. Don't recall hearing anything about him transferring.

Confident he was on the printed roster for the "open" practice. I remember looking him up, I think. Can't find it.... could be wrong but...

Could be that he got almost none/no playing time in the spring game and he went to PJ after the spring game and said that given he wasn't going to play much that he'd like to not stay with the team.

Could be that he got almost none/no playing time in the spring game and he went to PJ after the spring game and said that given he wasn't going to play much that he'd like to not stay with the team.

He wasn't listed on the roster when I was watching the game on BTN, so they must have moved real fast in getting his name off the roster.

Confident he was on the printed roster for the "open" practice. I remember looking him up, I think. Can't find it.... could be wrong but...

#8 Mark Williams was on the printed roster for the first open practice.

#8 Mark Williams was on the printed roster for the first open practice.

Thank you! And he was participating. Totally realize he may no longer be on the team...my point was just that it's a recent happening that he is not on the roster.

Pioneer Press: Gophers’ quarterback-turned-recevier Mark Williams leaves football program

Gophers redshirt sophomore Mark Williams has decided to leave the football program, a U spokesman told the Pioneer Press on Tuesday morning.

Williams, of Gainestown, Ala., came to Minnesota as a quarterback in the 2016 recruiting class, but he injured his hand and practiced at receiver during his redshirt year in 2016. Under new head coach P.J. Fleck, Williams tried out defensive back during spring practices in 2017 but stayed at receiver last fall.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/04/...cevier-mark-williams-leaves-football-program/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom