Fresno State

Fleck had better be able to assemble and coach the 2018 Gopher football squad to no less than 8 wins. Anything less is a poor showing on him. Is this opinion controversial here on gopherhole?

Fleck had better be able to assemble and coach the 2018 Gopher football squad to no less than 8 wins. Anything less is a poor showing on him. Is this opinion controversial here on gopherhole?

Opinions are generally frowned upon...

The Fleck devotees don’t want any criticism until 2020 at the earliest as the program was apparently left in total cultural, athletic, spiritual shambles by Kill, Claeys, Sawvel, and the rest. Until the last vestiges of the old regime are swept away expectations should be very, very low. We’re lucky we can field a team. It’s so bad we apparently lost a kicker and long snapper somewhere along the way- maybe stuck in a drug den somewhere. Who knows, they’re one of those Kill guys.

NOTE: this bit of hyperbolic sarcasm will be taken as a legit take and attract some classic responses.

Opinions are generally frowned upon...

The Fleck devotees don’t want any criticism until 2020 at the earliest as the program was apparently left in total cultural, athletic, spiritual shambles by Kill, Claeys, Sawvel, and the rest. Until the last vestiges of the old regime are swept away expectations should be very, very low. We’re lucky we can field a team. It’s so bad we apparently lost a kicker and long snapper somewhere along the way- maybe stuck in a drug den somewhere. Who knows, they’re one of those Kill guys.

NOTE: this bit of hyperbolic sarcasm will be taken as a legit take and attract some classic responses.

That's hilarious! this thread and some others i have read thru do read like that. Fleck has a long way to go to match what Kill accomplished here.

Live in the present guys - Kill was good for recruiting grinders, Sawvel was great at developing talent in the secondary, I think Claeys was good Xs and Os at least on defense... They are gone, we are swinging for something bigger. It may work, it may not, but with the ability to recruit better talent, and seemingly guys that are willing to put in the work, and PJ already having shown he can develop a top 5 pick... I’m betting on us making it to levels that haven’t been seen around here in quite some time.

I think your 8 wins is a bit high. I don't see how you can watch last year's team and think 8 wins minimum for this year.

I wanted 8 last year too. I wouldn’t slit my wrists aver a 7 win year, but would also like to see 8.

I wanted 8 last year too. I wouldn’t slit my wrists aver a 7 win year, but would also like to see 8.

It certainly better be higher than last year. Missin bowl games in back to back years is not a good look. No gopher coach has done that since Mason's first two seasons. (We also missed two in a row in Brewsters last and Kills first, but that was two different coaches)

Top Bottom