Playmakers, experience, maturity, depth! Offense impresses.

swingman

Reaction score
5th year senior experienced vet Rodney Smith, junior vet Tyler Johnson are the headliners on offense. Both will get preseason All Big mentions.

CAB, Douglas, Ibrahim can also be playmakers. Phil Howard still recovering? VanDyne sighting. Couple of walk-on WRs still pushing for time. Mark Williams not on roster.

All three QBs can make plays. Morgan has good arm, moves very well in pocket, looks downfield well, accurate, touch. Annexstad may have best arm of group. Also showed some good pocket sense. He is a big kid and will fill out that frame. Vic is explosive runner.

5th year experienced seniors and returning starters Donnell Greene and Jared Weyler anchor an offensive line and battle tested rs juniors Dovich and Oseland bring more maturity and toughness to oline group. Dovich pipes were noticeable.

Redshirt sophs Olson and Schlueter are two more returning starters who looked good...Olson is going to be very good. Wish 22 year old juco AllAmerican Dickson could have qualified for Spring ball. Coming out of a good program though and should be game ready.

Talented rs frosh Andries and John Michael Schmitz are going to make the upper classmen earn their time. Schmitz can move in space. Early enroll Faalele will also make the vets earn playing time...Dunlap didn’t play, nor did juco Davis, if I recall correctly.

With Sassack, Boe, Ruschmeyer, (and incoming Beier, Norton, York) oline is a deep group. Looks like walk on Rousemiller has moved on. I think PJ is happy to have Callahan leading this bunch.

Beebe, Kieft will help out the oline in run blocking. Beebe looked good. Seth might add some athleticism at TE. New guy seemed to have good rapport with te unit...as did the new dline and secondary guys.

High rated running back recruits coming in could add more to offense. Bateman as well at WR will help.

Should be improved at QB, all three/four WR spots, all five oline spots, number one RB, maybe TE.

Kicker wasn’t tested. Punting is a concern.

5th year senior experienced vet Rodney Smith, junior vet Tyler Johnson are the headliners on offense. Both will get preseason All Big mentions. CAB, Douglas, Ibrahim can also be playmakers. All three QBs can make plays. Morgan has good arm, moves very well in pocket, looks downfield well, accurate, touch. Annexstad may have best arm of group. Also showed some good pocket sense. He is a big kid and will fill out that frame. Vic is explosive runner.

5th year experienced seniors and returning starters Donnell Greene and Jared Weyler anchor an offensive line and battle tested rs juniors Dovich and Oseland bring more maturity and toughness to oline group. Dovich pipes were noticeable. Redshirt sophs Olson and Schlueter are two more returning starters who looked good...Olson is going to be very good. Wish 22 year old juco AllAmerican Dickson could have qualified for Spring ball. Coming out of a good program though and should be game ready. Talented rs frosh Andries and John Michael Schmitz are going to make the upper classmen earn their time. Schmitz can move in space. Early enroll Faalele will also make the vets earn playing time...Dunlap didn’t play, nor did juco Davis, if I recall correctly. With Sassack, Boe, Ruschmeyer, (and incoming Beier, Norton, York) oline is a deep group. Looks like walk on Rousemiller has moved on. I think PJ is happy to have Callahan leading this bunch.

Beebe, Kieft will help out the oline in run blocking. Beebe looked good. Seth might add some athleticism at TE. New guy seemed to have good rapport with te unit...as did the new dline and secondary guys.

High rated running back recruits coming in could add more to offense. Bateman as well at WR will help.

Should be improved at QB, all three/four WR spots, all five oline spots, number one RB, maybe TE.

At one point in the 3rd or fourth quarter I looked at the OL, especially Andries, Faalele and Sassack. I immediately though, "This line passes the look test for a BigTen line already.

Faalele has all world written all over him. Mans going to be a beast in the years to come. I hope he can be redshirted

If that's true, why redshirt? He'll go pro before his 5th year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

From my perspective, I think all freshmen linemen should be redshirted for their health. Most are not ready to play against bigger stronger upperclassmen, nor do most of them have the blocking technique mastered enough to really compete. You could argue Fa'alele is big enough and strong enough, but he is not close on blocking techniques yet.

From my perspective, I think all freshmen linemen should be redshirted for their health. Most are not ready to play against bigger stronger upperclassmen, nor do most of them have the blocking technique mastered enough to really compete. You could argue Fa'alele is big enough and strong enough, but he is not close on blocking techniques yet.

I agree with this analysis.

Fa'alele is a young guy with All World potential. I'd love to see him be able to work his technique, get used to living in MN/going to college, and come in next year fighting for PT.

Is there a chance that Fa'alele could be so good he'll go pro after four years and we'd have "wasted" his 5th year? I suppose. But that's one of those good problems.

Top Bottom