More Huff brothers, plz! Defense is fast, athletic, mature, experienced, aggressive!

swingman

Reaction score
Fleck often sings the praises of safety Jacob Huff, and last night Jacob again demonstrated why, but twin brother Julian Huff impressed at linebacker as well last night. Not the biggest or fastest, both play hard and fast, take good angles, anticipate well and deliver the boom.

Defense loaded with upper class men with athletic ability and experience. Loved what I saw from defense in regards to speed, strength, assignment sense, aggressiveness and depth. Creating turnovers!

And, I say this without having seen third year safety/nickel Winfield, fourth year corner Williamson (Florida transfer), third year middle linebacker Barber (some All-Big recognition, Fleck favorite), and fourth year linebacker/playmaker Cashman, all who were out and projected starters/first rotation guys.

Interior d-line in good shape. Loved what I saw from fifth year Gary Moore (NFL body; in right spot all the time), big space eating fifth year Alabama transfer OJ Smith, quick big man fourth year juco redshirt Royal Silver, returning starter Umlor, and newly scholarshipped fourth year Renner. Redshirt frosh Robinson and Hickcox are solid depth and still have upside. Remember highly regard Teague coming in June.

Third year defensive end guys Coughlin and Devers both impressed with speed. Devers looks much stronger, more confident. Coughlin great anticipation. Fourth year defensive end DeLattiboudere seems to have added some size. Redshirt frosh Otomewo (Fleck favorite) and Mafe have huge upsides. I did not notice fifth year Gibson (still coming off injury last Fall?) or early enroll star recruit Reigelsperger...maybe someone else saw them and could comment. Ahanotu could help this unit come Fall.

Junior linebacker Kamal Martin has an NFL body. Moves very well. The Thomas Rush hype is deserved. Big, strong, fast. Lot of talented and experienced linebackers will be pushed hard for playing time by Julian Huff, Thomas Rush, and, probably, come June, Fleck’s favorite defensive recruit, Braelen Oliver. Walk-on Schoenfelder is solid, could surprise. Did Guthrie play?

Third year corner Kiondre Thomas and fourth year corner Shenault are solid. Williamson and Winfield will help in coverage. Durr is thick. Still coming back from knee some? True frosh recruits T-Smith, C-Smith could get chance to compete at corner. Did redshirt frosh Estes play? Soph Harris, who got thrown to the wolves last year, seems to have added some weight.

Redshirt frosh Beck looks the part at safety...big, fast, gunner on special teams. Swenson can cover ground and hit. I love Jacob Huff. Would have liked to seen Winfield. Is Sapp a safety?

Top Bottom