Whalen Press Conference at 3:00 PM Williams Arena

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Too bad she isn't becoming the 13th head coach....then #13 could become the 13th head coach on the 13th. I guess we can settle for #13 on the 13th.

Doors open at 2:00 PM

Full press conference details

When: Today - Friday April 13th, 3pm CT. Doors will open to the public at 2pm CT.

Where: Williams Arena, Minneapolis, MN

Streaming: The press conference will be streamed on the Gopher Sports Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube pages as well as on BTN2Go.

Radio: The press conference will be carried across the Gopher Radio Network, though it will be up to each station’s discretion whether or not they air air it live.

GO GOPHERS!

Very disappointed. She didn't have a single motivational acronym prepared for the presser.

Very disappointed. She didn't have a single motivational acronym prepared for the presser.

All happen fast. First time around and it looked like she was a bit nervous. I'm sure she'll be better around recruits etc., as opposed to being on center stage.

All happen fast. First time around and it looked like she was a bit nervous. I'm sure she'll be better around recruits etc., as opposed to being on center stage.

Yes, she looked like somebody who five days ago was a pro basketball player with no plans to be and no idea she was going to be the Gopher Women's Head Basketball coach! She had nothing particularly ready to say. Big surprise, right, how could she?

Remember this day in five years and say to yourself "my goodness how far she has come as a head coach, remember that first press conference" ;)

She is going to learn quickly.

She did much better in the one on one with Corbu. It is quite a transition from player/part time broadcaster speak to holding court of a presser as the head coach of a D-1 program. She has never been the most flamboyant and outgoing personality but she has a sense of humor and, once comfortable, will do much better in the future.

I wished that she would have shared more of her vision but even THAT is still likely under development. You always hear about coaches that impressed the athletic director or GM by having a 50 step plan to bring a championship to the organization. I don't imagine Lindsay had the slightest thought at this time last week that this would take place.

This is an interesting hire. If she can articulate a vision for high school girls in MN, I have no doubt that she can succeed in the recruiting phase with her demeanor and reputation. If she can surround herself with some competent assistants and support team, I think she can grow into this position. She is a winner.

Top Bottom