Doogie: Gophers are trying to secure Kansas at US Bank Stadium for upcoming season

You sure that wasn't vs. Cal, coached by Todd Bozeman and Randy Duck running the point?

I remember it as Cal. It was about the time Bobby Jackson was fighting his way back from a stress fracture. Can't remember whether he played in that game.

I remember it as Cal. It was about the time Bobby Jackson was fighting his way back from a stress fracture. Can't remember whether he played in that game.

I'm pretty sure we played games against both Cal and West Virginia at the Target Center (different seasons).

I'm pretty sure we played games against both Cal and West Virginia at the Target Center (different seasons).

It was West Virginia at the Target Center and vs Cal at the Dome. Bobby did play in that game, it might have been his first game back after that stress fracture. That Cal team was loaded.

If it's at Bank Stadium, it will not be part of th season ticket. Even volleyball this year is hosting the ACC/BIG10 calenge at Target center and it is not part of he season ticket. Let's just home season ticket holders get first crack at the tickets

I think the Cal reference is correct. Whoever noted the West Virginia at Target Center had the details better than I did. Age, similar color schemes, and the coach preaching that they were "road" games because they weren't at the Barn had me confused. What I also remember is the loss to Cal was likely what kept us out of 96 tournament. Bobby got healthy and lead like an 8-1 or 7-2 back nine including a huge win on the road against Illinois to close the season, which I thought clinched a spot. It likely came down to us and Cal and because of the head to head, they were in and we weren't.

They were ALL on the season ticket package, as I recall.

This being on the season ticket makes more sense than the volleyball games since that is multiple teams, not one game.

If it isn't on the season ticket, I'll be pretty pissed. Can definitely give 10,000 (or less) tickets to season ticket holders and still sell the other 65,000. Not even asking for the best seats, lower level would be nice though.

I think the Cal reference is correct. Whoever noted the West Virginia at Target Center had the details better than I did. Age, similar color schemes, and the coach preaching that they were "road" games because they weren't at the Barn had me confused. What I also remember is the loss to Cal was likely what kept us out of 96 tournament. Bobby got healthy and lead like an 8-1 or 7-2 back nine including a huge win on the road against Illinois to close the season, which I thought clinched a spot. It likely came down to us and Cal and because of the head to head, they were in and we weren't.

They were ALL on the season ticket package, as I recall.

The thing I remember most about that Cal game was Hosea Crittenden nearly leading us back from a sizable deficit. (He got to be a pretty damn good player by the time of his senior year.) Once the Gophs got close, though, Clem pulled Hosea, got the starters back on the court, and they faded down the stretch. I've always wondered if he should've just kept Hosea in there and rolled with it.

The thing I remember most about that Cal game was Hosea Crittenden nearly leading us back from a sizable deficit. (He got to be a pretty damn good player by the time of his senior year.) Once the Gophs got close, though, Clem pulled Hosea, got the starters back on the court, and they faded down the stretch. I've always wondered if he should've just kept Hosea in there and rolled with it.

So does Clem lol

Top Bottom