All Things Paige Bueckers Recruitment Thread - Videos, Analysis, Tid-Bits, Articles

I would trust what Kenisha Bell said about what Whalen told her. She'll help her improve her chances for the WNBA.

She knows the ebb and flow of playing schemes in the WNBA. Whalen definitely has a high basketball IQ and a nose for making the necessary adjustments and the hard work that it requires to improve on goals to make you a better player. She'll teach her what she needs to do to be an elite player.

So, if I am Paige Bueckers huddling with the family come decision time I'd give the home team the green light. Why not stay home and achieve greatness in front of friends and family and learn from one the greatest basketball player/coach that come out of MN.

No Bueckers at Whalen’s debut as a head coach? It would have been a nice environment to witness in person. I heard her dad was there, but he’s probably a season ticket holder, so no big deal. Disappointing?

If the Gophers can stay ranked in the top 25 poll, might give Paige another reason to stay home.

No Bueckers at Whalen’s debut as a head coach? It would have been a nice environment to witness in person. I heard her dad was there, but he’s probably a season ticket holder, so no big deal. Disappointing?

She had a pretty good excuse for not being there, She was in DC celebrating Azzi Fudds birthday.

Last edited:

Pipe dream: Wouldn't it be nice if Paige Bueckers commits to the Gophers and is followed here by Azzi Fudd the following year... It is good to dream.

Aliyah Boston declared to South Carolina.

http://amp.thestate.com/sports/coll...a/usc-womens-basketball/article222045720.html

This is causing huge turmoil in UConn Nation because it was thought Boston was a lock for UConn.
Haley Jones is scheduled to declare next week. If she decides against UConn.... crumble, crumble.
I’m getting the vibe that Jones wants to go to Stanford. Crossing my fingers!

I tried to tell you guys, UConn is losing some shine to recruits, at least for a while and hopefully past when Bueckers makes her decision. :p

She loves home.

C1401-BDF-DACB-4-CBF-AD3-A-76-D22-B5-A1-BB9.jpg

This is causing huge turmoil in UConn Nation because it was thought Boston was a lock for UConn.
Haley Jones is scheduled to declare next week. If she decides against UConn.... crumble, crumble.
I’m getting the vibe that Jones wants to go to Stanford. Crossing my fingers!

I tried to tell you guys, UConn is losing some shine to recruits, at least for a while and hopefully past when Bueckers makes her decision. :p

BOOYAH!

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/25394513/no-1-recruit-haley-jones-signs-stanford

Heckuva recruiting class for Stanford. The article notes that one of the reasons for Jones to choose Stanford was the proximity to home and the fact that her parents and grandparents would be able to attend games regularly. Let's hope that will also be a factor with Bueckers.

Step #1 (from this point on): Beat #12 Syracuse.

Hopefully Bueckers doesn’t have an excuse not to be there.
Does she have anything else going on?

Where would her buddy Azzi Fudd go in 2021? Can you imagine those two on the same team?

I know you don't win over recruits with one game, but tonight helps.

When was the last time the Lady Gophers are ranked above Top 20? They will after this game.

Where would her buddy Azzi Fudd go in 2021? Can you imagine those two on the same team?

If the Gophers were to somehow land Bueckers, it would be a 75% stay at home factor. That’s not there for Fudd. There’s no way Fudd would follow Bueckers to Minnesota.

If the Gophers were to somehow land Bueckers, it would be a 75% stay at home factor. That’s not there for Fudd. There’s no way Fudd would follow Bueckers to Minnesota.

Fudd's grandparents live here.

The Fudds and the Bueckers purported to have taken a family vacation together.

The Fudds and the Bueckers purported to have taken a family vacation together.

'Purported' suggests doubt on your part. There are photos out there of the two of them on a cruise ship and plenty of photos of the families together. Paige was in Virginia for Azzi's 16th birthday a couple of weeks ago. It's a factor that could be influential. Having said that they could go together to Notre Dame, too.

'Purported' suggests doubt on your part. There are photos out there of the two of them on a cruise ship and plenty of photos of the families together. Paige was in Virginia for Azzi's 16th birthday a couple of weeks ago. It's a factor that could be influential. Having said that they could go together to Notre Dame, too.

So you’re with me that Notre Dame is more likely than UConn? How about Stanford now that they’ve landed Fran Belibi, Haley Jones, and Cameron Brink... all top forwards.

So you’re with me that Notre Dame is more likely than UConn? How about Stanford now that they’ve landed Fran Belibi, Haley Jones, and Cameron Brink... all top forwards.

Notre Dame has been in play since 8th grade. They were at Tuesday's game at Lakeville North. It's hard to say, but given UCONN's recruiting issues I would have to think that would make them less attractive. Stanford is an interesting option for sure, now more than ever.

I am first and foremost a fan of all MN. teams. I hope we still have a shot @ Paige. If not, I hope she goes to ND because I'm a fan of the Irish.

Fudd along with Elmer and her grandparents to the Gophers! Sounds like wins to me!

Her loss, if she decides between those two teams. Go Gophers!

Let's be honest, what game would you rather be at? A likely gopher's blowout or a matchup of #1 vs. #2? I still think there's a high chance Paige will choose to play for the gophers, what game she chooses to watch doesn't mean much.

Let's be honest, what game would you rather be at? A likely gopher's blowout or a matchup of #1 vs. #2? I still think there's a high chance Paige will choose to play for the gophers, what game she chooses to watch doesn't mean much.

I agree, watch any game you like. Gophers is where I would like to see her play

Watching is one thing. Being at a game that’s not very convenient to get to is pretty significant. Was Bueckers at the big Syracuse game?

Let's not kid ourselves. That is a pretty significant indication that Notre Dame is where she will go.

I don't see or hear from people who would've have seen her at home at Williams arena for any of the Gophers' home games. You don't hear so much from her in the news media about her interest in the Gophers like from Sara Scalia.

More power to her. She has the talent and the options to go anywhere. You want people in your program who want to be here.

Last edited:

Top Bottom