Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bueckers has a great shot for the same type of success as Whalen. She doesn't have to leave MN for that. In fact, she can personally become a legend in her own right in her home state. All she has to do is verbal to MN and make a statement about the direction MN is going. Her early verbal will help draw in other top elite national talent and immediately put this team in play as an upcoming national power and make the U a "platform" for a national title. With the verbal she can then text a couple of her USA team friends and everything changes. It's her and her family's choice, but is there anything better than being the hometown star? and taking the local team to national prominence? In terms of women's basketball, I can't see how there can be. Legend status is hers for the taking. Hope she grabs it.

Blog Entries

If there there is anyone that has a chance to surpass Lindsay Whalen's records, it can be Paige Bueckers if she wants to stay home.

Hopefully, she verbals early if she truly wants to be a Gopher.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Talk show hosts have instantly become Bueckers experts even if they can't pronounce her name.

Would be tough for someone with a signed Whalen jersey hanging and Whalen herself asking her to come play with her at the U of M.

Blog Entries

I wonder when Whalen can contact Paige Brueckers. That in my mind would be the first order of business to establish a relationship.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    I wonder when Whalen can contact Paige Brueckers. That in my mind would be the first order of business to establish a relationship.
    This was my very first thought as well. The minute she can legally contact here I would be on the phone with her.....and she would know that she was the first person I contacted. She could play for titles as one of a thousand at UConn or make a legacy in her home state.

If it's me or my kid I would say that the U of MN is where my vote goes.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/f...r_20180319.pdf

NCAA WBB recruiting calendar 2017-18:

Quote Originally Posted by Fire McHale View Post
    This was my very first thought as well. The minute she can legally contact here I would be on the phone with her.....and she would know that she was the first person I contacted. She could play for titles as one of a thousand at UConn or make a legacy in her home state.

If it's me or my kid I would say that the U of MN is where my vote goes.
    Coaches will go thru intermediary channels to talk to players before the legal contact period. I’m sure she’s already called the Hopkins coach, given him her cell phone and told him to have her call. The kid can call and coach can answer, coach just can’t call back if call is missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This young lady is a straight baller!

per Shama:

Paige Bueckers, the sophomore point guard from Hopkins High School who is among the most coveted prep basketball players nationally in the class of 2020, has a Lindsay Whalen jersey and autographed Whalen shoes in her bedroom.

Whalen, the Lynx WNBA champion point guard and former Gold Medal Olympics winner, was named University of Minnesota women’s basketball coach last week. “She (Paige) is excited for Lindsay. She has been a big fan growing up,” Hopkins coach Brian Cosgriff told Sports Headliners.

At this time of year, per NCAA policy, coaches like Whalen can’t contact high school sophomores. That doesn’t mean, though, Paige won’t be following the 35-year-old Whalen who not only will be in the news as Gophers coach but also while continuing her career this spring and summer for the Lynx as the team attempts to repeat as WNBA champs. “She is interested to see where Lindsay is taking the program,” Cosgriff said.

Bueckers frequently attends Gophers games so she is already familiar with the team and Williams Arena. But Cosgriff said don’t mark her down as a future Gopher yet because his all-state player is sorting through college options for now.

Those options include an offer from Connecticut’s storied program and legendary coach Geno Auriemma. He has been to Minnesota multiple times to watch Bueckers. “He’s a huge fan (of Bueckers),” Cosgriff said.

Count Notre Dame, Stanford and much of the Big Ten as schools wanting Bueckers who has been on the Hopkins varsity since eighth grade and starting at point guard for the last two seasons.

The 5-11, 150-pound Bueckers averaged 23.5 points per game for the Royals last season who finished second in the Class 4A state tournament despite her 37 points. Last season she made 54 percent of her field goals, 52 percent of her threes and 90 percent of her free throws.

Some games she scored more than 20 points by halftime. But Cosgriff said his wunderkind (she had a six to one assist to turnovers ratio) would “rather pass than shoot,” and when sitting on the bench is the Royals’ biggest cheerleader for teammates.

undamentally advanced for her age, and so versatile Cosgriff will even play her at center, Bueckers prompts raves when people talk about her. That starts with her coach who has been at Hopkins for almost 20 seasons, winning titles and building the Royals into a power. “She is the best I’ve had, and I’ve had some good ones,” Cosgriff said.

The roll call of great players in state history includes Nia Coffey who was terrific at Hopkins and now plays in the WNBA. Mention any legendary names to former Gopher guard and assistant coach Al Nuness and that won’t deter him from offering the highest praise to Bueckers.

“I think she will be the best women’s basketball player ever to come out of the state of Minnesota,” said Nuness who works at Hopkins as a paraprofessional.

Nuness has watched Bueckers practice and refers to her as “phenomenal”—yet he sees a player who will continue to improve. “I don’t think she is even close to reaching her potential,” he said.

Nuness predicted there will be a domino effect if Bueckers chooses Minnesota. “This is almost a must for us at Minnesota (to get her),” the former Gopher men’s captain said. “This girl is going to bring other (talented) girls.”

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Can you say UGH? I knew you could.

Paige is a baller must get for the program

Don’t know if it helps but ND already has a commitment from the #1 PG for the 2019 class.

I’d say that helps with ND, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by paulser21 View Post
    Don’t know if it helps but ND already has a commitment from the #1 PG for the 2019 class.
    A top PG or the #1.... under who's system?