Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Kenisha Bell becomes a Lynx !

Whay might have put in a good word.

You go girl! We're rooting for you!

The Lynx traded for Lexie Brown and drafted Cierra Dillard. It’s not going to be easy to stay a Lynx.

When Reeve was on with Paul Allen a day before the draft she said Bell would not be a point guard in the WNBA and that Kenisha would need to increase her offensive efficiency. Reeve also said she would invite Bell to camp if she went undrafted. Obviously Reeve decided to draft her.

And, as posted on another thread, here's the gophersports.com story on Bell being drafted:

https://gophersports.com/news/2019/4...nba-draft.aspx

If Reeve doesn’t even consider Bell a PG, that really kills her odds of making a team. She’s on the short side plus she’s not that great of a shooter.

Third round picks are often treated like throwaways since there’s usually not much room for new players on a team and the best players are in the top of the draft. I think it was pretty clear Reeve had no intention of Wagner making the team last year, citing “too many guaranteed contracts“ for it to happen. The Lynx just draft Gophers to help out the program and to some degree the players.

Unlike Wagner, Bell being drafted at #30 meant she still could have been drafted by a team that needed her more, but the odds weren’t looking good of that happening.

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sp...rare-high-pick

“I like the partnership we have (with the University of Minnesota),” Reeve said. “There’s only 12 teams in the league, and Minneapolis is one of them. I think we should celebrate that.”

Blog Entries

Kenisha Bell making the team is a long shot. Imagine, only thirty six players get drafted in the WNBA. That means that many players listed in the HoopGurlz 60 don't get drafted.

https://www.slamonline.com/wnba/2019...-list-players/
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Gives her the honor of being drafted that is huge for her. Yes she'll be a long shot. Hopefully she'll surprise us.

http://www.fox9.com/virtual/news/wnb...r-kenisha-bell
    Tuesday night at the WNBA Draft, a lifelong dream came true for a former Gopher.

“Once my name came across the screen, I was just like, this is unbelievable,” Kenisha Bell said.

The Lynx selected Bell in the third round of the draft and when Bell took the phone call from Cheryl Reeve, the emotions were almost too much to handle.

“She knew that I was super excited,” Bell said. “I didn’t have words. I was out of breath because I was screaming the whole night.”

Reeve said selecting Bell was no favor to former pupil Lindsay Whalen either. She believes in Bell’s talent and she made it known what she’d like to see from her at the next level.

“I told Lindsay I’m going to ask her to shoot more from the outside as opposed to always driving,” Reeve said. “It’s hard in our league when you get in there so I’m excited to see what Kenisha can do.”

“I feel like I adjust well and I learn well and I’m always open to new ideas and I’m coachable, so just being able to use that to my advantage and always listening to things, I feel like I can catch onto it pretty fast,” Bell said.
    https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...3-225084e4f829

https://theathletic.com/919694/2019/...ierra-dillard/

The Athletic's Zack Pierce reviews the Lynx draft.

Once again, Reeve targeted a player for defense and 3-point shooting potential. As a junior, Bell averaged over 20 points per game and shot 35.8 percent from deep, but that dipped back to 27.9 percent this season.

“Kenisha can defend,” Reeve said. “I told Lindsay I’m going to ask her to shoot more from the outside as opposed to always driving. It’s hard in our league when you get in there, so I’m excited to see what Kenisha can do.”

Bell carried the scoring the load for the Gophers, leading the team with 19.1 points, but Reeve said a key to her prospects on the team will be learning that she doesn’t have to do it all here.

“The first thing we’re going to tell her when she drives and takes a bad shot is, ‘You don’t need to do that at this level. You have good players all around you,'” Reeve said. “If she responds well to that and can make an extra pass and turn down a difficult shot, she’ll see a whole world open up to her.”

The Lynx traded away Tanisha Wright for a future 2nd round pick, so it got a little easier to make the team.

The Lynx signed a couple of Chinese players but I believe they’re just courtesy signings that aren’t really serious.

That means it’d be between #20 pick Cierra Dillard and #30 pick Bell for the last guard spot, unless Alexis Jones or Lexie Brown falter. I can’t root for Bell because I REALLY like Dillard. She seems to have the IT factor.

Default Bell has the it factor on defense and rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Shades View Post
    The Lynx traded away Tanisha Wright for a future 2nd round pick, so it got a little easier to make the team.

The Lynx signed a couple of Chinese players but I believe they’re just courtesy signings that aren’t really serious.

That means it’d be between #20 pick Cierra Dillard and #30 pick Bell for the last guard spot, unless Alexis Jones or Lexie Brown falter. I can’t root for Bell because I REALLY like Dillard. She seems to have the IT factor.
    I am 100% confident Kenisha Bell is going to make the Lynx. You cannot teach her instincts on defense and rebounding, she is great at positioning and has tremendous speed. Bell will make this Lynx team on talent and determination. She brings rebounding and the ability to push the ball up the court which is what this Lynx team needs. Sylvia Fowles will benefit a lot from Kenisha pulling down the ball and getting her easy fast break layup points to quick passes to Fowles. Bell has all of the tools, and being around better players she will realize she doesn't need to try and carry the bigger burden on the Lynx team of scoring as much.

Blog Entries

Even if she doesn't make the cut, her opportunities to make money overseas are boundless. On the other hand, if she stays in shape and learns and becomes a season pro you never know if the Lynx will call her back if something happens in the season like injuries.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by GringaGopher View Post
    Whay might have put in a good word.
    Maybe Paige B. should have considered that.