Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

ESPN Hoopgurlz has done the update to rankings. No kids from MN made top 100 of 2019. Nor did any of the 3 gopher recruits. However 2020, Paige has been bumped up to the #1 recruit according to them. No other MN kid is mentioned in class of 2020. looking through all the rankings, only only MN kid listed is Maya Nnaji is class of 2022.

Here is an article from ESPNW on the updated rankings

Haley Jones, Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd installed as top women's basketball prospects
    http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/art...iting-rankings

They won gold together over the summer; now Haley Jones, Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd are all No. 1.

Bueckers, an undeclared 5-foot-10 point guard in the 2020 class, started all seven games in Belarus alongside Jones. She averaged 9.7 points, 4.7 assists and 3.6 rebounds. Her assist-to-turnover ratio of 4.13 was the best in the tournament. That seven-game statement followed a sophomore season at Hopkins (Minnetonka, Minnesota) in which she averaged 22.3 points, 6.8 assists and 5.9 rebounds and was named the Minnesota Gatorade player of the year.

Added height and strength have propelled Bueckers to the top of her class. She has superb court vision, swagger and poise. She's a playmaker who puts up numbers on both ends of the floor.

Paige Bueckers Stays Humble Even as a National Champion and Youth Olympian

https://www.usab.com/news-events/new...s-feature.aspx

Bueckers credits her parents, Amy Dettbarn and Bob Bueckers, not only for getting her started down this path way back when she was 5, but also for keeping her grounded and focused on improvement and meeting new goals while never allowing her ego to get too big.

“If I don’t stay humble and I don’t keep getting better, then it’s just something that happened in the past,” said Bueckers, who lives in the Minneapolis suburb of Eden Prairie. “I want it to keep happening. So, they keep me humble and keep me on my toes. They’ve helped me a lot.”
    I know the perfect way to stay humble after high school: Stay in Minnesota.

“I don’t consider myself just a point guard,” said Bueckers, who also won a FIBA Americas U16 title in 2017. “The label kind of puts me to where I can only be a point guard. I would consider myself more of a combo guard where I play both, just not strictly the point guard spot.”
    “I don’t know what they feed these girls in these other countries, but they’re big,” Bueckers said. “A lot bigger than I am.”
    It’s that kind of confidence and ability to not take herself too seriously that has brought Bueckers this far.
    The perfect way not to take yourself too seriously would be to stay in Minnesota.

She is hoping somewhere down the line to eventually work her way into a position on the USA Women’s National Team and a chance to play for an Olympic gold medal.
    Oh boy.... I hope she doesn’t realize who is the godfather of women’s USAB. It would be more meaningful to take the humble route there.

Bueckers and Sam Brunelle (ND commit) hanging out in Argentina.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shades View Post

Bueckers and Sam Brunelle (ND commit) hanging out in Argentina.
    Ummmm, Notre Dame huh?
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali

Go Gophers!!

Ok, and if you look at more interactions under the original tweet Wolfson goes on to say that he neither watches women's college basketball that closely nor could he, without looking it up, name a Current player on the UConn roster. How relatable of a source is he if that's the case. Sounds like he hears Notre Dame and UConn and decided its over without doing any research.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by bball_craz_26 View Post
    Sounds like he hears Notre Dame and UConn and decided its over without doing any research.
    He went from saying “Whalen gives MN a (better) chance (than they had with Stollings)” to easily be persuaded to be more pessimistic by Klinkhammer to an only 0.3% chance to eventually get worked down to absolutely no chance.

Well, as we all know, Doogie is a women's basketball wonk, and if he says Bueckers should go elsewhere, I'm sure she's listening. (sarcasm) I understand why an elite player would want to play with an elite program, but I also think that a player like Bueckers could put the Gophers well on their way to being an elite program...and there's something to be said for helping your home state program gain national prominence. Whalen is living testament to that with both the Lynx and the Gophers.

per Shama:

Paige Bueckers, the junior point guard at Hopkins, excelled last season for the Royals and in AAU competition during the summer. Among girls, she might be the best young teenage point guard in the world. Legendary Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma is all-in on recruiting her.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Well, you don’t have to play at UConn or for Muffet McGraw at South Bend to either enjoy the game or be seen!! You just have to play for the coach you are comfortable playing for and play with the girls you enjoy playing with!!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per Shama:

Paige Bueckers, the junior point guard at Hopkins, excelled last season for the Royals and in AAU competition during the summer. Among girls, she might be the best young teenage point guard in the world. Legendary Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma is all-in on recruiting her.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/
    Geno has made visits. Does that mean he’s more all-in than anybody else?

Doggie agrees that she should go elsewhere? LOL! I don't agree with that. But I do agree that Doggie should go someplace else for his career.