Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Prospects Nation 2020 rankings
    https://prospectsnation.com/players/ranked/2020

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shades View Post
    Wat wat wat?
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali

Attached Images Attached Images

Live vs Spain!

Blog Entries

Thanks Shades! It seems like there is so many stoppages in FIBA.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali

Condensed version: USA vs France Final

Why do I always have to be right?

Attached Images Attached Images

Why do I always have to be right?

Right about what? What are we looking at?

Yeah, Shades, you were right when you said that the idea of Whalen becoming head coach at the U was a pipe dream.

Pipe dream was your phrase to describe Bueckers staying at Minnesota. Sorry if I used it against you with Whalen. Whalen is a way bigger gamble than Ivey would have been, so it was hard for me to believe the U was willing to take that gamble if Ivey was available. Do we really have to rehash all that at this point?

What I was clearly right about is Bueckers really liking and respecting Ivey. The tweeting’s on the wall.

Blog Entries

Pipe dream...
    What I was clearly right about is Bueckers really liking and respecting Ivey. The tweeting’s on the wall.
    It's all about timing and trust relationship building. Whalen will have her day under the sun with recruiting talent at the elite level.

It may not come with Bueckers, but I am certain it will.

We have to be patient. Coach McGraw at Notre Dame is getting all the attention from recruits now. But, it took fourteen years to get her first national championship. Auriema ten years at Connecticut. Summit thirteen years at Tennessee. I really do believe that Whalen can become a great coach someday.

you should look at paige's likes again. if you did you would see she also likes a lot of Carly Thibault-Dudonis's tweets as well as Whalen's tweets. to judge where a kid is going based on what tweets they like seems a bit off. Once again, while I would be THRILLED if the gophers could get paige, in no way should whalen be judged on coach based on missing one kid. she at least has the interest from paige where as stollings had ZERO.

Pipe dream was your phrase to describe Bueckers staying at Minnesota. Sorry if I used it against you with Whalen. Whalen is a way bigger gamble than Ivey would have been, so it was hard for me to believe the U was willing to take that gamble if Ivey was available. Do we really have to rehash all that at this point?

Again, Stollings is a low bar for comparison. It’s not Stollings vs Whalen for me. I’m sure Whalen may be fine if you are content to wait 15 years for results. I was hoping for an immediate impact effect that would only happen with the acquisition of Bueckers.

If you’re finding similar Bueckers tweet activity for Whalen, that’s surely worthy of sharing. Let’s not just talk about it. Post it.