Comcast slated to drop BTN

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
Making the rounds on other boards; apparently you can find this on your bill:

Xfinity TV Changes Effective May 10, 2018:

The Weather Channel will only be available on Expanded Basic, Family Tier and new Sports & News tier; Cartoon Network will only be available on Digital Preferred and new Kids & Family tier; Disney Channel will only be available on Expanded Basic, Family Tier and Kids & Family tier; TruTV will only be available on Expanded Basic; Food Network will only be available on
Expanded Basic, Family Tier and new Entertainment tier.

The following channels will be added to Digital Economy: BBC America, BBC World News, Bloomberg, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and Smithsonian.

Big Ten Network and WFN will no longer be available.

WBPH will be added ch 18/HD 1060; TBN will move from ch 18 to ch 290 and will no longer be available on ch 1048.

Only in non-Big Ten footprint areas. New England, SE, West cost.

Only in non-Big Ten footprint areas. New England, SE, West cost.

Thanks for the clarification. Other places it seems like people are getting unclear answers ("it's going away nationally" or the agents haven't heard about it) so glad to hear it won't go away in B1G country.

Making the rounds on other boards; apparently you can find this on your bill:

Xfinity TV Changes Effective May 10, 2018:

The Weather Channel will only be available on Expanded Basic, Family Tier and new Sports & News tier; Cartoon Network will only be available on Digital Preferred and new Kids & Family tier; Disney Channel will only be available on Expanded Basic, Family Tier and Kids & Family tier; TruTV will only be available on Expanded Basic; Food Network will only be available on
Expanded Basic, Family Tier and new Entertainment t
ier.

The following channels will be added to Digital Economy: BBC America, BBC World News, Bloomberg, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and Smithsonian.

Big Ten Network and WFN will no longer be available.

WBPH will be added ch 18/HD 1060; TBN will move from ch 18 to ch 290 and will no longer be available on ch 1048.

Wow. That is a very complicated "notice".

I hope it stays on here. There are plenty of B1G fans in Denver. Gophers, Iowa, Wisconsin, and tons of Nebraska fans

Hope it stays in Seattle! Otherwise maybe this will push BTN to have an option not tied to cable...

Customers slated to drop Comcast. J/k, they already have.

Hope it stays in Seattle! Otherwise maybe this will push BTN to have an option not tied to cable...

BTN is already off the air in Seattle. I called Comcast after I came home and found the recording of the spring game was just a message that read "This channel is no longer available on XFINITY TV." The Comcast rep offered me a $20.00 credit on my next bill. I pay $10.00 extra each month for BTN as it was part of the Sports Package add-on.

I'm now comparing other services to replace Comcast with and it looks like Hulu is the one I'll try first. YouTubeTV looks good too, but doesn't carry the Food Network, which my wife loves to watch.

So long Comcast!

Betting this is a negotiating tactic on Comcast's part. One article said that some of their regions have their contracts expire in the April. The rest in May.

Could be that BTN wants an increase in fees, or at least hold the line on what they are getting. Makes sense that Comcast, looking at what the other Conferences are getting paid for their rights, wants a decrease in those fees.

Fell sorry for the people that have to stay with Comcast, but personally not to upset that Comcast may lose subscribers.

Top Bottom