Comcast/Xfinity to drop BTN in May

Has anyone signed up as being in another TV market when using YouTube/ PS Vue? It says you can use it while traveling but you have to "refresh" from your home every so often or it will cut you off. I would be happy to just get the MSP local channels and give it a try, but I don't want a hassle 2 months in.

Has anyone signed up as being in another TV market when using YouTube/ PS Vue? It says you can use it while traveling but you have to "refresh" from your home every so often or it will cut you off. I would be happy to just get the MSP local channels and give it a try, but I don't want a hassle 2 months in.

We spent a week in Arizona over Spring break. When I pulled up YouTube TV, it located me and asked me if that's where I was. I answered in the affirmative and proceeded to watch games all week/weekend on my phone (watched Loyola's buzzer beater over TN at the Scottsdale Fashion Mall's Foot Locker). Every thing was as is upon returning. Love YTV. I'm pretty sure you can't pick a market you're not living in, however. Not sure what the time frame is where you have to "check in". 7 days is allowed for sure.

We spent a week in Arizona over Spring break. When I pulled up YouTube TV, it located me and asked me if that's where I was. I answered in the affirmative and proceeded to watch games all week/weekend on my phone (watched Loyola's buzzer beater over TN at the Scottsdale Fashion Mall's Foot Locker). Every thing was as is upon returning. Love YTV. I'm pretty sure you can't pick a market you're not living in, however. Not sure what the time frame is where you have to "check in". 7 days is allowed for sure.

So you were still getting WCCO etc. while in AZ? I'm pretty sure you have to be physically in the market when you sign up so you can't just pick anywhere. But I certainly visit often enough to do that. Just not sure how often you have to "check in". Ironically I've gotten MSP channels on regular DirecTV in Sioux Falls with no issue.

So you were still getting WCCO etc. while in AZ? I'm pretty sure you have to be physically in the market when you sign up so you can't just pick anywhere. But I certainly visit often enough to do that. Just not sure how often you have to "check in". Ironically I've gotten MSP channels on regular DirecTV in Sioux Falls with no issue.

No, I was getting the local AZ CBS feed, I think. Only watched NCAA hoops. A lot of the games were on TNT/TBS as well. I was short on sleep, but I think YTV asked me if I wanted to switch to local AZ channels or keep my defaults. Either way, I didn't miss a thing.....awesome in my eyes.

I'm open to it, but none of them have all of the broadcast networks included here. Some have two but not the other two etc. Also, I watch almost everything on DVR including sports and I'm not sure the streaming DVRs work for all channels? At the end of the day, you can get DirecTV down close to what the streaming packages are, you just have to work them. The DirecTV Now streaming looks very similar to YouTube/PS but also doesn't have all the broadcast networks.

PS Vue has all of the broadcast networks, and you can DVR literally everything.

Same with YouTube TV, but I think there are areas of the country where they both don’t have all networks yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much are you cable cutters paying a month for a good internet connection? The math I've done is its damn near even since I get some savings by bundling my TV and Internet. I dont know how you all are saving so much.

Yeah I did the math and YoutubeTV with the stuff I watch versus DirectTV was about a wash. I guess a lot of it is what you watch. I have kids who watch cartoons and a wife that watches almost nothing I do, so our needs are relatively extensive, as sad as that may be.

Yeah I did the math and YoutubeTV with the stuff I watch versus DirectTV was about a wash. I guess a lot of it is what you watch. I have kids who watch cartoons and a wife that watches almost nothing I do, so our needs are relatively extensive, as sad as that may be.

WoodburyTim, I am in the same boat. If I were a single man, I wouldn't need much. But I have a wife who loves her trash TV and 3 little ones that need their 'toons.

BTN was added to the Fox Sprots Go app last summer. It's fantastic for Mn sports fans. Gophers, Wolves, Wild, Twins, a lot of UFC too.

No, I was getting the local AZ CBS feed, I think. Only watched NCAA hoops. A lot of the games were on TNT/TBS as well. I was short on sleep, but I think YTV asked me if I wanted to switch to local AZ channels or keep my defaults. Either way, I didn't miss a thing.....awesome in my eyes.

My son has YouTube tv in madison and he is allowed to have two others on his account (we are in NAples, fl.) and his brother is also on it in florida also - we pay for netflix and amazon prime, my other son pays for Hulu - we are all able to share all these services not living in the same house - I also have Firetv (thats another story) - I use youtubetv all the time, it basically has the channel i watched on Cable.

I don't understand how that's even possible.

PS Vue has all of the broadcast networks, and you can DVR literally everything.

Not in all markets. In some they just have the ABC On Demand etc. which does not work for live sports etc.

Not in all markets. In some they just have the ABC On Demand etc. which does not work for live sports etc.

I know. They only recently began broadcasting NBC live here - within the past few months. I (perhaps erroneously) assumed you were talking about the Minneapolis market.

Another vouch for Youtube TV. I pay $35/month and split that 3-ways with my brothers. It includes all the Disney channels for kids, and the other good channels like national geographic, tbs, etc. Only thing missing is the stuff noone watches anyway.

Top Bottom