Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Racks no up wins over crummy teams has served her well, unfortunately.

https://www.normantranscript.com/okl...298ce24dd.html

Texas Tech set Big Twelve tournament records in defeating Oklahoma and ending the Sooner's streak of 19 consecutive NCAA tournaments. Tech is 14-16 for the season and finished 4-14 in conference.

Please note that the "Give it to _____!" offense is still alive and well.

Texas Tech closed with a fury in a record-breaking 104-84 victory that ended OU’s season Friday at Chesapeake Energy Arena. The Sooners got as close as four points late in the third quarter, but were lapped during the Big 12 tournament quarterfinal’s finish.

Ana Llanusa scored 20 points while Madi Williams and Taylor Robertson each added 19 for the Sooners. But Tech’s Brittany Brewer was too much — she scored 40 points off 16-of-23 shooting to go with 15 rebounds.

Texas Tech set a tournament record for points scored in a single game and scored the second-most points against the Sooners this season. OU’s 8-2 run out of halftime cut the lead to 53-51 at 8:09 in the third quarter, but things went downhill from there.

Brewer, a 6-foot-5 junior, took advantage of all three.

She blocked four shots, two of which she swatted away before clasping the ball between two hands. Her length made a difference inside and out, where she made five 3s.

“Brit had the hot hand,” Tech guard Sydney Goodson said. “We were going to get her the ball. We could hear the coach on the side saying ‘give it to Brittany!’”

The teams played each other for the second time this week after the Red Raiders’ 88-82 victory Tuesday in Lubbock, Texas. OU trailed by 20 or more in both contests.

Brewer did what she pleased. Her 16 field goals are the second-most ever in a Big 12 tournament game behind Baylor’s Brittney Griner (19) in 2012.

“I don’t think I’ve ever had a game similar to this,” Brewer said.
    Last edited by Ignatius L Hoops; 03-09-2019 at 07:54 AM.

What? A post player scoring 40 for a Stollings team? Goes to show that if she had some post players last year, she would have utilized them more, just as she used ZahuiB the year Banham was injured. Still, the defensive numbers for TT are woeful. Love the offense; don't like the lack of defense.

Quote Originally Posted by whalenfan View Post
    Cant imagine theres many worse nonconference schedules than that.
    But, as we all know by now, the NC schedule that Stollings left for the Gophers this year would be one of those schedules worse than that of Texas Tech.

After factoring in their respective conference teams, TT ended the season with a final SoS of 52, whereas Minnesota ended up with an SoS of 171.

Quote Originally Posted by CutDownTheNet View Post
    But, as we all know by now, the NC schedule that Stollings left for the Gophers this year would be one of those schedules worse than that of Texas Tech.

After factoring in their respective conference teams, TT ended the season with a final SoS of 52, whereas Minnesota ended up with an SoS of 171.
    Not sure how accurate those numbers were - got them from a different thread.

RealTimeRPI says Gophers current stats are RPI 110 SoS 123 and for TT we have RPI 141 SoS 152.

So in actuality, the Gophers did end the season with a better SoS than TT. But that’s only because the Big Ten is a tougher conference than the Big 12. The Big Ten slightly un-cupcaked the otherwise horribly cupcaked Gopher NC season.
    Last edited by CutDownTheNet; 03-12-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Actually, RPI's season continues. And at this point Texas Tech's strength of schedules is 52 and the Gophers 171. The Big 12 helped because as a conference they are third in RPI and the B1G is fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius L Hoops View Post
    Actually, RPI's season continues. And at this point Texas Tech's strength of schedules is 52 and the Gophers 171. The Big 12 helped because as a conference they are third in RPI and the B1G is fourth.
    > Actually, RPI's season continues.

Correct. There will be very-minor adjustments to the Gophers final RPI, initially just because other teams are still playing in either their conference tournaments, or (eventually) in the NCAA Tournament (not sure whether NCAA RPI counts WNIT games into RPI). These other teams' games affect our SoS and thus effect our final RPI even though we're done playing (at least until the WNIT).

> The Big 12 helped because as a conference they are third in RPI and the B1G is fourth.

That makes sense - it appears that I guessed wrong that B1G ranked better than Big-12 in RPI - it's the other way around - although I doubt that Big-12 is better by much.

> And at this point Texas Tech's strength of schedules is 52 and the Gophers 171.

This intrigues me because (correct me if I'm wrong, Iggy) I assume Iggy's SoS number (171 for the Gophers) most likely comes from the official NCAA page, whereas my second-post (supposedly-corrected) SoS number (123 for the Gophers) came from the RealTimeRPI page. There is a huge discrepancy there.

Earlier this year we did catch RealTimeRPI missing/errant in some data, but that seemed to be a seldom-occurring event. How could NCAA say that Gophers' SoS is 171 while at the same time, RealTimeRPI says it's 123? One or the other web site must be extremely wrong here. It bears some more sleuthing - maybe I'll find a third site for comparison.

Per the first point above, at least RealTimeRPI's Gamer algorithm (which predicts end-of-season RPI based on its guesses as to what non-Gopher teams will win, or not, from here on out) is consistent with itself, as it only shows very minor changes to Gopher RPI from future games.