Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18,121

    Default

    So we negotiate for Japan to lower tariffs on our wheat as well. Fixed.


  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The land of cows, colleges and content providers.
    Posts
    5,792
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    So we negotiate for Japan to lower tariffs on our wheat as well. Fixed.
    And, when will that trade deal start? And, when will we start to deal with all the other products on the table? You people are the apologists for the damned. Trump screwed everybody by not having a negotiation plan and he shot from the hip and missed. Now, we are trying to play catch up after he screwed everybody by not being at the negotiating table. Too little and too late. You all bought a used bridge to a non populated Alaskan island.
    You can call me Shirley. The "S" has to stand for something!

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    So we negotiate for Japan to lower tariffs on our wheat as well. Fixed.
    https://piie.com/blogs/trade-investm...-biggest-loser

    US real income under the original TPP would have increased by $131 billion annually, or 0.5 percent of GDP. Under the new deal without US participation, the United States not only forgoes these gains but also loses an additional $2 billion in income because US firms will be disadvantaged in the TPP markets.
    Second, the 11 countries—Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Canada, Mexico, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Brunei, Chile, and Peru—agreed to suspend about 20 TPP provisions, most of which were included at US insistence despite opposition by most of the other countries. Specific obligations regarding patents on certain pharmaceutical products, procedures involving investor-state disputes, prohibitions on the illegal taking and trade in wildlife, and reforms facilitating express delivery services were not deleted from the CPTPP, but the obligations will not be in force until members agree to activate them.
    https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...irror-on-trade

    A June study by Canada West Foundation estimates that exports among the 11 countries will grow by 2.43 percent on average, and that there will be a slight increase in exports to non-member countries, because of more investment in the CPTPP countries.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dean S View Post
    And, when will that trade deal start? And, when will we start to deal with all the other products on the table? You people are the apologists for the damned. Trump screwed everybody by not having a negotiation plan and he shot from the hip and missed. Now, we are trying to play catch up after he screwed everybody by not being at the negotiating table. Too little and too late. You all bought a used bridge to a non populated Alaskan island.
    All you need to know about the TPP is who was for it, and who was against it. All the corporate crony candidates, that's who were for it. Hillary Clinton, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, John McCain, Joe Biden, John Kerry, Mitt Romney...all corporate mouthpieces. All for the TPP. Against it? Bernie Sanders, Ralph Nader, Ron Paul, Elizabeth Warren, Donald Trump. The first set of politicians is working for Wall St., regardless of political affiliation. The other set is working for Main St., I just don't agree with the politics of some in this group.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    30,734
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    You must've traded in your old checkerboard for the jumbo checkerboard!

    Understanding economics just isn't going to happen for you.
    Kingdom Warriors

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    All you need to know about the TPP is who was for it, and who was against it. All the corporate crony candidates, that's who were for it. Hillary Clinton, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, John McCain, Joe Biden, John Kerry, Mitt Romney...all corporate mouthpieces. All for the TPP. Against it? Bernie Sanders, Ralph Nader, Ron Paul, Elizabeth Warren, Donald Trump. The first set of politicians is working for Wall St., regardless of political affiliation. The other set is working for Main St., I just don't agree with the politics of some in this group.
    Well, the great thing is we have a POTUS who beholden to no corporate cronies. Phew!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    30,734
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Obviously Putin gave him the go ahead. Oh, that's right, the Russia narrative has died. Oh, well! Maybe someone can try to revive it.
    Kingdom Warriors

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dean S View Post
    And, when will that trade deal start? And, when will we start to deal with all the other products on the table? You people are the apologists for the damned. Trump screwed everybody by not having a negotiation plan and he shot from the hip and missed. Now, we are trying to play catch up after he screwed everybody by not being at the negotiating table. Too little and too late. You all bought a used bridge to a non populated Alaskan island.
    September 2018: US and Japan to start trade talks in mid-January
    https://asia.nikkei.com/Economy/Trad...in-mid-January

    October 2018- Japan Caved to Trump on Trade Talks. Now the Real Haggling Begins:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/19/w...pan-trade.html

    December 2018: Japan Trade Agreement Objectives Released
    https://www.scarbrough-intl.com/us-j...ade-agreement/

    January 2019: U.S. eyes January trade talks with Japan that will target 'tariff and nontariff barriers'
    https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.XDZeY817mUk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •