Tyler Nubin Comits

Oh, good! For a while I thought Sir Spoofin had come home from his Crusade. More entertaining when he's on in. Good to know that he will keep the Gopher program pure and show us all The Truth.

Brewster had 13, so Fleck is on a similar pace.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In fairness, there were probably 4-5 Brewster recruits on the list that never made it on campus. No one remembers Vincent Hill and Hasan Lipscomb.

This should be self-evident, but apparently it isn't to some. We all know the end game is winning. Recruiting is a key piece of the process that will give us the best chance.

Just look at this list of our all-time top recruits: https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Sport/Football/AllTimeRecruits

PJ has been here for 16 months, and he has landed 6 of the top 25 recruits in the modern recruiting era since 2003.

Looking through that list it clearly shows that the rating system doesn't do a wonderful job of predicting outcomes but it is exciting to see that we are suddenly moving into much thinner air when we are discussing the overall view of our recruits. I for one am thrilled about the direction PJ is taking this program. Darned near everything they are doing is being done to move forward on all levels. From an outsider perspective it feels like they are moving 100 miles per hour.....but that's also the pace teens move at these days and it feels like we are starting to keep up with their attention spans. I think we're in for a rough year this year with all of our youth playing larger and larger roles with the team but I'm happy to take lumps this year to see our team grow next year and years after.

Let's see what happens with Duggan but i sense if they get him we will be modestly amazed at the number of players who are highly regarded that start looking at us in the very near future. We're already in play on more high-end players than we've been connected to in years so we're already moving things forward, soon we'll start winning more of those recruiting battles and it will show on the field.

PJ is a salesman, but he's a different beast than Brew.

Brewster had 13, so Fleck is on a similar pace.

Not a true comparison. Brew picked up the scraps of the higher rated players that not many people wanted. Many of them didn’t contribute to the team. PJ is legitimately getting players that other P5 programs want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great get, could be a guy that gets moved up to a 4 star. Good vibes. Positivity.

Hopefully he gets four stars, as that way he’d likely contribute more than he would if he was three stars. Fingers crossed..... #kylekesell

Not a true comparison. Brew picked up the scraps of the higher rated players that not many people wanted. Many of them didn’t contribute to the team. PJ is legitimately getting players that other P5 programs want.

Help me understand this list. Is "The list proof of the level of recruits (Fleck is) pulling in" as is noted above or is it not?

For the record, I'm in no way trying to say Fleck will go the way of Brewster and I love the 2018 last class. But you don't get to say Fleck's guys on the list count and Brewster's don't. That only tells me that Fleck having 6 guys on this list is meaningless.

Wrong. Brewster picked up many players with multiple high quality Power 5 offers.

My problem with Brewster's "high-level" recruits was that half of them never played a down. Lots of risks taken on those that were academically incapable, injured, users, abusers, or ended up with unforeseen medical issues. I can remember feeling puzzled at the missing 4*s once fall practice started up. Let's wait and see how many of Fleck's recruits suit up or see the field and compare those results to former coaches.

I really like this commit and hope that he will be special. It would be sure nice if the mods would stop the pissing matches that break out all the time (usually the same people) that tend to ruin the threads. More talent and depth in the secondary is always nice.

Yes I agree. Mods need to stop all the pissing matches that clog up threads

Yes I agree. Mods need to stop all the pissing matches that clog up threads

Yeah once they veer way off the original post... it's time to be done... or make someone(s) be done so that the thread can live or die purely based on the topic it started with.

Yeah once they veer way off the original post... it's time to be done... or make someone(s) be done so that the thread can live or die purely based on the topic it started with.

Agree, oh wait we are veering off the topic.
Glad for the Tyler commitment.

Nubin got bumped from a 5.7 3 star to a 5.8 4 star on Rivals. Now our highest rated commit on 247 Composite with a .8862 rating.

Nubin got bumped from a 5.7 3 star to a 5.8 4 star on Rivals. Now our highest rated commit on 247 Composite with a .8862 rating.

Well now I like him better. Just kidding. Hope he sticks though!

Not sure if it made any change happen, but we are at #35 in Rivals team rankings now.

Nice to see many of our commits are getting recognized with some rating bumps. Tells me the coaching staff trusts their eyes when evaluating talent and potential. Seems like the rating services are lagging behind a bit.

My problem with Brewster's "high-level" recruits was that half of them never played a down. Lots of risks taken on those that were academically incapable, injured, users, abusers, or ended up with unforeseen medical issues. I can remember feeling puzzled at the missing 4*s once fall practice started up. Let's wait and see how many of Fleck's recruits suit up or see the field and compare those results to former coaches.

I think we can answer this in the affirmative.

Top Bottom