Sid: Fleck sees better team

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Fleck sees better team

Coach P.J. Fleck was asked if this Gophers squad can be a better football team than last year, when they finished 5-7 and were outscored 70-0 by Northwestern and Wisconsin in their final two games.

“We’re going to keep getting better every single day and these guys are definitely walking off the field with the peace of mind knowing they’re getting better every day,” he said. “That is what we want to continue to do. I know this: We’re a better football team right now than we were last year at this point.”

The Gophers are moving up their spring game to Thursday night because of expected bad weekend weather. Wisconsin, Michigan and Iowa State chose to cancel their spring games.

Fleck said the team can improve at every position, and he expects some of the incoming freshmen to contribute.

“We’re going to have to have help from them, 77 percent of our team are two-year players,” he said. “I have been in the program two years, those are the facts. We have to develop at a rapid rate as a coaching staff. That’s why our whole mantra this year is ‘Race to Maturity.’

“… These young players are going to have to play. They’re going to have to mature fast, but that really makes the future seem so bright. When you have so many young kids on your football team, the future is so bright for Gophers football.”

http://www.startribune.com/twins-max-kepler-saves-game-that-almost-got-away/479466563/

Go Gophers!!

I have to wear shades.

Top Bottom