Gopher football Bandwagon

dumpslikeatruck

Reaction score
I jumped on team gopher this year and am flying into minneapolis this weekend for the cancelled game. If my flight is not cancelled, I guess I'm still coming up. I have never set foot in Minneapolis or the state of Minnesota. I would appreciate some recs to kill time without the game. Restaurants, Bars, random entertainment options, or even the best place to fish in a freaking april snow storm. Thanks for the help and I'm fully invested in the Gophers for the next few seasons.

RTB

Game was just moved to tomorrow evening, not cancelled. You could still attend the game if you can move your flight. It's not a good time to fish here. I recommend checking out all the local breweries in town.

Where are you from? If you're not used to temperatures in the 20s (Fahrenheit) then you should make sure to pack layers.

Lots of local breweries if that's your type of thing. Plenty of Museums too.

I wish i could change my flight but work life won’t allow it. We will still try to tour the athletic buildings on Saturday and see some of the school or maybe even sneak into practice. We are not cold weather people so our outdoor time will be at a minimum. Looking forward to seeing the school and the city.

Best bar for nba games?

I jumped on team gopher this year and am flying into minneapolis this weekend for the cancelled game. If my flight is not cancelled, I guess I'm still coming up. I have never set foot in Minneapolis or the state of Minnesota. I would appreciate some recs to kill time without the game. Restaurants, Bars, random entertainment options, or even the best place to fish in a freaking april snow storm. Thanks for the help and I'm fully invested in the Gophers for the next few seasons.

RTB

Flying in to town for a Gopher Spring Game? Wow, you are all in. Go Gophers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish i could change my flight but work life won’t allow it. We will still try to tour the athletic buildings on Saturday and see some of the school or maybe even sneak into practice. We are not cold weather people so our outdoor time will be at a minimum. Looking forward to seeing the school and the city.

Best bar for nba games?

Man you got a lousy weekend for the weather! Be careful as they are calling for freezing rain, could make for very sparse crowds wherever you go. Fishing? Well as an avid fisherman your options are panfish and it's on the ice (other species closed for rest of season) and fishing has been very tough recently so yeah...I'd skip that one. Best NBA bar could be a little tough since this is "The State of Hockey" but obviously the one at the arena but there are a variety of great sports bars around town, just depends upon the vibe you want.

You said due to work it’s not really an option but I’d bank the ticket and come another time. Any other time. Speaking as a former MN resident if you’re solely acclimated to warm weather state living you may not be prepared for the ****storm in the forecast: freezing rain, wind, ice. No bueno. Minnesotans are stoic types used to this kind of awful squall that occasionally blows through (and good about bunkering down) but the average Californian driver...would steer their car into a tree or off a bridge in less than 5 minutes and I’m not really joking.

From the other thread:

Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Friday evening through late Saturday night...

* what...heavy mixed precipitation possible. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 10 inches, and ice accumulations of one tenth to two tenths of an inch are possible.

* Where...portions of west central Wisconsin and central, east central and south central Minnesota.

* When...from Friday evening through late Saturday night.

* Additional details...plan on difficult travel conditions. Tree branches could fall. Winds gusting as high as 45 mph could cause areas of blowing and drifting snow. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant snow, sleet or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.

We are coming if the airports will have us. There are too many moving parts. We all got cleared by our better halves to do this. Who knows when the schedules will line up again?

Thanks for the help and advice. I’ll report back on Monday if we see anything awesome.

Tweet PJ.
Maybe he'll have you over to his house being a dedicated fan like yourself.

Tweet PJ.
Maybe he'll have you over to his house being a dedicated fan like yourself.

I'd rather stand outside in the snow storm in my underwear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are coming if the airports will have us. There are too many moving parts. We all got cleared by our better halves to do this. Who knows when the schedules will line up again?

Thanks for the help and advice. I’ll report back on Monday if we see anything awesome.

Where are you from?

Where are you staying? That will also be a factor in what you want to do. If you are staying downtown you may not want to venture to Mall of America, for example.

That being said, visit www.exploreminnesota.com for places to visit and things to see. Just keep in mind with the forecast that many places may choose to close due to the weather so call or check Facebook before you go out of your way to go somewhere. Especially smaller businesses.

Where are you staying? That will also be a factor in what you want to do. If you are staying downtown you may not want to venture to Mall of America, for example.

That being said, visit www.exploreminnesota.com for places to visit and things to see. Just keep in mind with the forecast that many places may choose to close due to the weather so call or check Facebook before you go out of your way to go somewhere. Especially smaller businesses.

Except of course the light rail does go from downtown directly to the mall of america...

RTB

More information please. What made you jump on Team Gopher this year? And why are you fully invested in the Gophers for the next few seasons? Happy to have you on the Good Ship Gopher Nation. Just curious as to how you arrived here. Do you have a child attending the U, or is your work bringing you here for the next few years? Please post often and let us know what you think of our Gopher program and the North Star State.

The facilities are freaking awesome. Top notch. I had an awesome time. Hopefully i can get home in the morning.

I’ll give a little more detail tomorrow.

Rtb.

Top Bottom