PJ in Studio on KFAN with PA

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Here are some things from memory.

PA asked about Vic and Morgan and PJ quickly added Zack to the mix. PJ said that Vic has great feet and a good arm, but then said others have better arm. Said he would love one to win the job, but seemed to allude that all three are better then last year saying he is comfortable with packages around each of their strengths, if needed. Also said they plan to bring in two QB's in 2019 class.

Mentioned trying to red-shirt both IMG OL's this year.

Talked about Barber being a great leader and in better shape this year.

He said it was never an option to cancel Spring Game, but they moved it back from 4pm to 6pm tomorrow to get more people to the game. It's a reward to players and fans to play the game.

Basically said it will be Tyler Johnson and 3 freshmen at WR but excited for QB's and WR's to grow together.

Excited about Green at TE/WR. "Green like difficult conversations." He was told after 11th practice he wouldn't be starting QB. Green asked where he could help the team and was moved. He will have multiple years in new position and has potential to be great at it.

Will need young guys to play above grade.

Here are some things from memory.

PA asked about Vic and Morgan and PJ quickly added Zack to the mix. PJ said that Vic has great feet and a good arm, but then said others have better arm. Said he would love one to win the job, but seemed to allude that all three are better then last year saying he is comfortable with packages around each of their strengths, if needed. Also said they plan to bring in two QB's in 2019 class.

Mentioned trying to red-shirt both IMG OL's this year.

Talked about Barber being a great leader and in better shape this year.

He said it was never an option to cancel Spring Game, but they moved it back from 4pm to 6pm tomorrow to get more people to the game. It's a reward to players and fans to play the game.

Basically said it will be Tyler Johnson and 3 freshmen at WR but excited for QB's and WR's to grow together.

Excited about Green at TE/WR. "Green like difficult conversations." He was told after 11th practice he wouldn't be starting QB. Green asked where he could help the team and was moved. He will have multiple years in new position and has potential to be great at it.

Will need young guys to play above grade.

Ecstatic to hear this. Hope it pans out.

Great recap Maxy. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So he added Zach and complimented Vic... nothing about Morgan, obviously Morgan has fallen to 3rd string...
Sarcasm

How many times did PA call him or a player by the wrong name or get a players position wrong?

If anyone cares to listen it starts around the 1:40 mark on Allen’s KFANPodcast. Some interesting tidbits that I may or may not have misheard.

In addition to T. Johnson 3 freshmen receivers will start. I’m not sure what he meant by that, assuming Bateman, CAB, and ...? Demetrius Douglas with the medical redshirt perhaps. Seems like Williams, Howard might be relegated.

Barber’s leadership off the charts but he was “fluffy” last year (overweight). He’s cut down and will be better this year, just a Jr.

Cashman will be starting weakside LB; had surgery and will play a lot more. He can run, tackle.

Vic (was mentioned first) is an outstanding runner and he can also pass, but the others are “more natural throwers”. Paul in an attempt to get him to be more forthcoming tried to pin him down on an offensive identity and PJ was evasive, stated they’re formulating an offense and packages to take advantage of the talent they have on the field “this year”. My inference from all that is he’s still looking to land his QB Of The Future for 2019. IMO it’s genuinely difficult to say where QB is going for 2018; he stated Annexstad is having the best spring...stay tuned.

I forgot to mention PJ said he does personally read all his emails so...if you want to start a conversation he’s listening.

If anyone cares to listen it starts around the 1:40 mark on Allen’s KFANPodcast. Some interesting tidbits that I may or may not have misheard.

In addition to T. Johnson 3 freshmen receivers will start. I’m not sure what he meant by that, assuming Bateman, CAB, and ...? Demetrius Douglas with the medical redshirt perhaps. Seems like Williams, Howard might be relegated.

Barber’s leadership off the charts but he was “fluffy” last year (overweight). He’s cut down and will be better this year, just a Jr.

Cashman will be starting weakside LB; had surgery and will play a lot more. He can run, tackle.

Vic (was mentioned first) is an outstanding runner and he can also pass, but the others are “more natural throwers”. Paul in an attempt to get him to be more forthcoming tried to pin him down on an offensive identity and PJ was evasive, stated they’re formulating an offense and packages to take advantage of the talent they have on the field “this year”. My inference from all that is he’s still looking to land his QB Of The Future for 2019. IMO it’s genuinely difficult to say where QB is going for 2018; he stated Annexstad is having the best spring...stay tuned.

I really hope he didn't mean Bateman. As excited as I am about him as a player, I don't like the idea of talking about a guy as a starter before they ever set foot on a college campus.

I think the starters will be Johnson, CAB and Douglass and Howard will be one of the first backups.

He was pretty specific about 3 freshman being out there with TJ and they “ will have to play beyond their years”.

Manns is out for the season, then there’s Gibson and Van Dyne. He may have been talking about Van Dyne.

Can we call this a 'subtle jab' at Howard or will that get some into a tizzy too?

Can we call this a 'subtle jab' at Howard or will that get some into a tizzy too?

Tizzy, not to mention it’s a jab at Williams just as much[emoji12]

He was pretty specific about 3 freshman being out there with TJ and they “ will have to play beyond their years”.

Manns is out for the season, then there’s Gibson and Van Dyne. He may have been talking about Van Dyne.

Weren’t there two freshman WR’s last year that were going to get playing time, but got hurt and red shirted? Those two are still RS freshman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weren’t there two freshman WR’s last year that were going to get playing time, but got hurt and red shirted? Those two are still RS freshman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Douglas as I mentioned, and you’ll have to tell me the other one.

Douglas, Bateman, and Autman-Bell are the three freshmen that he is talking about. Two are Red-shirts and played or would have played if not for injury last year.

Top Bottom