STrib: Gophers recruits still excited about program despite two assistants leaving

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Gopher recruits Daniel Oturu, Gabe Kalscheur and Jarvis Omersa said after hearing of Johnson’s departure Tuesday that they were happy for him.

“I’m excited for him on his new journey,” said Kalscheur, who attends Johnson’s alma mater at DeLaSalle. “He will do great things. He will be missed but will always be family to me.”

Oturu, who is sitting out of Nike Hoop Summit practices in Portland with a shoulder injury, said he wishes Johnson nothing but the best.

“I’m happy for Coach Ben,” Oturu, a 6-foot-10 Cretin-Derham Hall center, said. “With that being said, myself and the other recruits got a future ahead of us that we have to focus on. And I think we will be able to do good things at the U.”

Omersa agreed with Oturu’s stance on the assistant coaching departures.

“Gonna miss him,” the high-flying Orono forward said. “But we got plans. It’s not about what happens to you. It’s about how you react and respond.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...ram-despite-two-assistants-leaving/479410683/

Go Gophers!!

Thanks Bleed for this. I was curious about it.

Nice to have recruits that actually want to attend the U.

Same. Tangible way to measure passion. At least two picked their dream school. There is a lot to like here and these guys loved it.

I have a feeling that this is the group of hometown players that we have been looking for to start the fire! So many kids want to be at a place where winning is a given. I get it. But I love the attitude these guys have to make it happen here! There is so much talent coming in the state (unlike in past eras) that the team can now be centered on keeping the best here and winning with a nucleus of Minnesota kids augmented by the best we can get elsewhere. I am hoping this group makes Minnesota the cool place to get an offer from.

Top Bottom