Spring Game moved to Thursday night

First, there were a couple nice catches by our two top receivers.
That being said, I was disappointed with the easy drops. QBs hit their targets and ball were flat out dropped.

First, there were a couple nice catches by our two top receivers.
That being said, I was disappointed with the easy drops. QBs hit their targets and ball were flat out dropped.

Did we have a good number of drops last year?
It seemed like we had our share, but I think more were less than optimally thrown balls.

I'm not really sure.

Did we have a good number of drops last year?
It seemed like we had our share, but I think more were less than optimally thrown balls.

I'm not really sure.
I didn't see last year's game. I thought the QBs had decent throws. Some were dumb throws, but the accuracy seemed decent.

One thing you have to remember is the players were split up due to the draft format, so you did not necessarily have guys playing in the same units they have been practicing with. That makes a difference, especially for the O-Line.

Important for the coaches to identify a 1st team and 2nd team o-line, and get them lots of reps as a unit to build some continuity.

Same holds true on defense - the top defenders were split between the two teams, so you didn't see a true #1 unit out there. I think there are some play-makers on defense, which will hopefully be more evident when you have a true 1st team and 2nd team setup.

And the punting game - at least tonight - stinks on ice. If that's the best they can do, it might be open tryout time. Unless one of the incoming FR can punt a ball more than 30 yards.

Important points for everyone to keep in mind. Too early to really mean much but Morgan put the ball in the ground 3 times. Hmmm... Is there something like the ball is the game? Should have been a area that has been emphasized.

I agree that Tanner looked like the clear #1 for now. Obviously he has had the most time with the system. ZA looked like a good passer but maybe not as settled yet. VV looked like a run first, run second, maybe pass QB and being big and wearing number 7 had me flashing back to ML. Who obviously had a great career but came up against a hard ceiling when it came to his development as a passer. Will be interesting to see how they look in the fall when ZA and VV have more time to catch up in the system and get more comfortable.

Would have been a fun day today. We'd be singing the praises of whichever QB completed the pass.

Gopher Spring Game is on 9:00 - 11:00 PM on BTN tonight 4/14.

Top Bottom