• Shea Ralph— UConn Assistant Coach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nikki West—Associate Head Coach North Carolina State

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shades

Reaction score
I decided to keep this to the experienced coaches suggested by The Daily Gopher.
I added Shea Ralph, who I believe is an assistant with UConn who manages the defense. I’m sure I’ll hear about a dozen reasons why she’s a bad candidate.

This is a survey of who the members would like to see coaching the Gophers, not a prediction poll.
If you vote “other”, could you please say who you would like to see coaching the Gophers? Thanks.

Pictures would help a lot. I’d go with the best looking one of the bunch.

Niele Ivey to me would be the homerun hire, everyone else seems second string compared to her. I in no way, shape or form want it to be Dawkins. Lets clean house of Stollings staff.

out of curiosity, has anyone found any leaks online of people in town to interview or names on Coyle's list? All I've heard is that Coyle usually likes to move fast on coaching hires and MN media usually has slipped out who is in town or "expected" or "predicted" to be in town.

I decided to keep this to the experienced coaches suggested by The Daily Gopher.
I added Shea Ralph, who I believe is an assistant with UConn who manages the defense. I’m sure I’ll hear about a dozen reasons why she’s a bad candidate.
I would like them to pursue Ivey or West. Assistant coaches with good pedigree and recruiting connections. Muffet is not retiring as head coach any time soon from Notre Dame. St Louis isn't that much different then Minneapolis as a hometown to be from. If she was finalist before that she has credebility. Teague was in business for himself with Ellis he took the easy approach to hiring. I don't think AD Coyle will do that. I mentioned West because NC State plays a similar system to what the Gophers had on both sides of the court. From a transition standpoint for veteran players, to pick up that type of system then a totally different system would be an easier transition. West has a lot of primary recruiting responsibility and North Carolina and recruiting contacts. If your going to try and pull players out of there not a bad idea to pursue a coach like West. I really liked how NC State pushes the basketball and ball movement. Dawkins from the current staff not a bad coach, would need to improve the post recruiting quite a bit. To be honest if I were Coyle these are the 3 I would in person interview. One thing that must be made clear, this is not just a job in waiting for Whalen. Honestly if she were to coach I would see her going the pro route and staying with the Lynx.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Dawkins can be removed from the poll. Stollings says Niki will be joining her in Lubbock along with 3 other coaches and staff members.

Dawkins can be removed from the poll. Stollings says Niki will be joining her in Lubbock along with 3 other coaches and staff members.

Would Dawkins refuse an offer from Minnesota?

I don’t think editing the poll is a possibility. People haven’t been voting for her anyway.

I totally get it as to lack of experience etc. However Whalen has been around the block a bit and has instant credibility here in Minnesota. Perhaps the first year would be a bit of a learning experience. In the end though, I think she would be a good hire.

Yes, pool fits better (Loosen up Shades; I know a name can't be removed from the poll). Stollings joked about Nikki looking to buy her old house in Lubbock.

I’m loose. I’ll be even looser when the people who vote “other” post their coaching candidate as requested. ;)

I’m loose. I’ll be even looser when the people who vote “other” post their coaching candidate as requested. ;)

Since I now know the poll is not predictive and is for stating who we'd like to see: then I'll go with Megan Duffy.

Okay, you can stop voting now. This is not a quiz.

According to this poll of NCAA coaches, looks like I was pretty intuitive about my candidate choices.
5-B4578-FA-3206-403-F-B23-F-4-C570-E646-F30.jpg

According to this poll of NCAA coaches, looks like I was pretty intuitive about my candidate choices.

It also could be a poll asking what coaches are most likely to remain at their current schools until their mentor retires. ;)

It would be nice if they spelled Jensen correctly.

You’re on the record as saying Ivey hasn’t been looking for a head coaching job?

I wonder if Lindsay Whalen was not on the radar if Niele Ivey would have taken the Gophers' job.

Then again, if the Notre Dame coach retires she won't blink an eye to return to her alma mater.

I wonder if Lindsay Whalen was not on the radar if Niele Ivey would have taken the Gophers' job.

Then again, if the Notre Dame coach retires she won't blink an eye to return to her alma mater.

Ivey was one of the finalists when Stollings was selected. She, according to some posters here, was on the radar this Spring when Whalen was hired. Ivey was also a finalist at Vanderbilt when White was hired. She's rumored for a lot of top jobs; but has yet to leave Notre Dame. I have no idea whether Ivey withdraws her name at some point in the process or whether she just loses out. She's coached at Notre Dame for 12 years.

Ivey was a faux finalist at best against Stollings. Didn’t the AD have connections to Stollings or her school? When asked who the final candidates were at the press conference, the AD said he wasn’t going to dignify that with an answer. That got my head scratching.

The irony is I brought up the day of the hire that Stollings seemed to be a stepping stone type (much like Thibault could be) because she hopped from job to job. Now people are so worried about Ivey leaving a head coaching job before she even gets one, when she’s shown nothing but job stability?Definition of fear mongering?

Ivey was a faux finalist at best against Stollings. Didn’t the AD have connections to Stollings or her school? When asked who the final candidates were at the press conference, the AD said he wasn’t going to dignify that with an answer. That got my head scratching.

The irony is I brought up the day of the hire that Stollings seemed to be a stepping stone type (much like Thibault could be) because she hopped from job to job. Now people are so worried about Ivey leaving a head coaching job before she even gets one, when she’s shown nothing but job stability?Definition of fear mongering?

I certainly hope the drum you keep pounding soon breaks.

Top Bottom