An MSU student has filed a lawsuit alleging she was raped by 3 MSU BBall Players

If this is the issue, then I agree. Investigate the process and procedures used. If there was a cover up then let justice come swiftly.
If the issue is not about the alleged rape then the mental stability of the alleged victim is not applicable. Thanks for trying to provide clarity.

You shouldn’t have needed any clarity to prevent you from jumping the shark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What does Gangelgate have to do with rape allegations against 3 MSU players?

Scandals in college B.B. Talk of no need to talk $hit about the team you support. During Jan’s reign there was no issue talking about the gophers scandal. Yet now there seems to be when the subject is St Sparty

So you spoke to her? Could be total BS and she smells a payday from the school. It could be legit, but it needs to be handled by the legal system. An accusation does not equate to guilt, unless you are a zealot.

Do you realize how difficult it is to even accuse someone of this crap? It is something that literally destroys a victims life, it is not a game of liars poker. Of course, the facts will need to be heard, but the odds are very strong in the victims favor. Statistics show that only about 40% of rapes are reported and of all rapes that are reported only 2% are false. So in other words, 98% of all reported rapes are true. Therefore, automatically attacking the “victim” isn’t based upon facts, but on some other agenda.

https://web.stanford.edu/group/maan/cgi-bin/?page_id=297

Exactly!!!!! Obviously he doesn’t understand cause and effect?

The cause of your parents alchemist inbreeding resulted in the effect called alchemy2u.
See...cause and effect! [emoji41]

You guys are right, Izzy has to address the situation.

Scandals in college B.B. Talk of no need to talk $hit about the team you support. During Jan’s reign there was no issue talking about the gophers scandal. Yet now there seems to be when the subject is St Sparty

During Jan's reign I didn't even know GopherHole existed!

The cause of your parents alchemist inbreeding resulted in the effect called alchemy2u.
See...cause and effect! [emoji41]

Ouch, you burned me.... now don’t you have to go play tag during recess?

Ouch, you burned me.... now don’t you have to go play tag during recess?

Recess? Is that a cause or an effect?

You got to lighten up Francis. Go drink a frappuccino or soy milk.

While I applaud the passion, to effectively combat rape, you need to use your head more, and heart less.

of all rapes that are reported only 2% are false.

The study implied is 2-8% are proven false. Whereby a police department received a claim, and Unequivically proved that claim untrue. This does not include baseless claims, or those that were false, but not proven so. Thus, your use here is not applicable, as we are not in the domain of the Police departments. We are talking about the response of MSU rape counselers.

Moreover, the knowledge that 2% to 8%, is a figure should lead you to believe that:
1) jurisdiction matters and All politics are local (remains true no matter if whether the interlocutor is an individual or an entity).
2) The number of false claims must be higher than 8% when used in your instance.
3) Outside of the police department level (i.e. those where police are avoided) are where false claims are extremely damaging to the reduction of rape. So support should be provided to victim to report their incident to police, in a timely fasion.

2% are false. So in other words, 98% of all reported rapes are true.

No….. think about it.

Statistics show that only about 40% of rapes are reported and of all rapes that are reported

don't ever believe a “simple stat” that attempts to report the non-occurrence of something.

However, please do continue your anti-rape stance. Do so by making systems more robust.

Do you realize how difficult it is to even accuse someone of this crap?

True.

However, there is a sordid past. Unfortunately, this discussion could take years. I have the heart, but not the time.

So, perhaps you could look up Duluth Lynchings? Ida Wells?

Or in our schoolhouse theme

We used to introduce this sordid history in elementary school, with a novel called, To Kill a Mockingbird (Lee, Harper. To Kill a Mockingbird. lippincott, 1960).

The book uses a child's logic to in attempt to show the ridiculous nature of:
1) Racism.
2) Ableism.
3) Homophopibia.
4) Mob Justice.
5) Bullying.
6) Sexism.
7) and the importance of systems to combat these issues.

Unfortunately, Progressives teachers somehow could not understand Childish logic. So they made up there own, and you are stuck repeating that.

The reality is, for over 100 years, false rape claims have been a tactic used to murder numerous Black Men (and that's the short answer). So, “Cause and effect,” is not so cut and dry.

After recess, we can get into Why this:

And that's why women don't report...

creates a situation that would exasperate the incidence of non-reporting in our lecture on “Persuasive Communications.”

Sure thing.

Why don't you just say what you want to say? To the 90%+ of us who have no earthly idea what you're getting at, it reads like you're just being a d!ckhead for no reason. If there's a point buried in there somewhere I'd love to hear it.

I'm at MSU for grad school. I wish this wasn't happening. But it is and at some point(this year probably) there should probably be more change at the top.

Unfortunately it's not isolated to Athletics. Some academic departments have major issues at MSU as well. I would have chosen a different school (didn't get into UM) if I knew then what I do now about MSU (Too late to transfer as I'm graduating this summer).

Why don't you just say what you want to say? To the 90%+ of us who have no earthly idea what you're getting at, it reads like you're just being a d!ckhead for no reason. If there's a point buried in there somewhere I'd love to hear it.

Simply pointing out the differences in some posts, based on Sparty being in the crosshairs.

Dickhead? Sure thing french fry.

She was in a psych ward? Do we know her history before the alleged rape? Has she had a long history of psychological problems or only after the alleged rape?
If she is telling the truth, I can see the significant need for counseling. If she had a history of psychological issues before the alleged rape, then that would likely weaken her claim.
How do we get to the truth now that the claim is 3 years old?
I really wish we had a society where law breaking would be dealt with immediately rather than brought up 3 years later.

You are a sick scumbag. Go to hell.

You are a sick scumbag. Go to hell.
Ha! Bringing up mental illness makes me a scumbag. Telling someone to go to hell makes you...a peace loving, flower wielding, PETA lover?
I'll mark this down for further reference....
"Courage to take on tough issues and question all accusers...Ihatebucky is a NO."

Ha! Bringing up mental illness makes me a scumbag. Telling someone to go to hell makes you...a peace loving, flower wielding, PETA lover?
I'll mark this down for further reference....
"Courage to take on tough issues and question all accusers...Ihatebucky is a NO."

Unbelievable. That is not what you did and it was not courage.

Unbelievable. That is not what you did and it was not courage.

LOL, Shirley you jest. [emoji41]
Your incapacity to consider all aspects of the issue is noted. Now take your faux woodstock demonstration elsewhere my third generation flower child...

In this case she is bringing it out in the courts, in the open, full transparency, Lynch's accuser never did that, it was all behind doors, just that fact makes this very different than Lynch's case.

While I applaud the passion, to effectively combat rape, you need to use your head more, and heart less.

The study implied is 2-8% are proven false. Whereby a police department received a claim, and Unequivically proved that claim untrue. This does not include baseless claims, or those that were false, but not proven so. Thus, your use here is not applicable, as we are not in the domain of the Police departments. We are talking about the response of MSU rape counselers.

Moreover, the knowledge that 2% to 8%, is a figure should lead you to believe that:
1) jurisdiction matters and All politics are local (remains true no matter if whether the interlocutor is an individual or an entity).
2) The number of false claims must be higher than 8% when used in your instance.
3) Outside of the police department level (i.e. those where police are avoided) are where false claims are extremely damaging to the reduction of rape. So support should be provided to victim to report their incident to police, in a timely fasion.

No….. think about it.

don't ever believe a “simple stat” that attempts to report the non-occurrence of something.

However, please do continue your anti-rape stance. Do so by making systems more robust.

True.

However, there is a sordid past. Unfortunately, this discussion could take years. I have the heart, but not the time.

We used to introduce this sordid history in elementary school, with a novel called, To Kill a Mockingbird (Lee, Harper. To Kill a Mockingbird. lippincott, 1960).

1) Racism.
2) Ableism.
3) Homophopibia.
4) Mob Justice.
5) Bullying.
6) Sexism.

Unfortunately, Progressives teachers somehow could not understand Childish logic. So they made up there own, and you are stuck repeating that.

The reality is, for over 100 years, false rape claims have been a tactic used to murder numerous Black Men (and that's the short answer). So, “Cause and effect,” is not so cut and dry.

creates a situation that would exasperate the incidence of non-reporting in our lecture on “Persuasive Communications.”

I read "Too Kill a Mockingbird" in school, but i didn't learn any of the lessons you speak of. I didn't really want to read the book though, so maybe it was more of a skimming of it.

I read "Too Kill a Mockingbird" in school, but i didn't learn any of the lessons you speak of. I didn't really want to read the book though, so maybe it was more of a skimming of it.

I too didn’t want to read the book, so I saw the movie. My takeaway was that Atticus Lynch seemed like a very nice man; which made me sad for the troubles Reggie Lynch is having.

MSU needs to reboot from the ground up. Izzo, Dantonio, the prez; they all need to go. Its the only way to erase the putrid stench around the university.

Prez is already gone. They are in interim now. Coaches survive for now. Hard to believe they won't eventually get taken down or step away.

No….. think about it.

True.

1) Racism.
2) Ableism.
3) Homophopibia.
4) Mob Justice.
5) Bullying.
6) Sexism.

This is a fantastic post. Kudos. If this type of situation needs to be discussed on a basketball message board, I'm glad ats had the guts (and intelligence) to discuss it like an adult. When analyzing horrible allegation (and they truly are atrocious), you need to try to understand all of the facts and circumstances around the case. That obvious notion is deluded with these kinds of cases, where we pander to the PC crowd in opposition to the quest for truth.

We do this in all of the worst cases. Someone is accused of XYZ crime, we look at who/what/when/how. Someone is accused of this crime, progressive politic time.

Prez is already gone. They are in interim now. Coaches survive for now. Hard to believe they won't eventually get taken down or step away.

From the article, I do not think the interim prez will be around much longer either.

No….. think about it.

True.

1) Racism.
2) Ableism.
3) Homophopibia.
4) Mob Justice.
5) Bullying.
6) Sexism.

What a great post. Much better than my inquiry that lead to savagery against my questions. Thank you, atsgopher.

Top Bottom