An MSU student has filed a lawsuit alleging she was raped by 3 MSU BBall Players

From the article, I do not think the interim prez will be around much longer either.

At some point, the entire athletic department deserves to be shutdown for a couple years, and everyone fired and replaced.

LOL, Shirley you jest. [emoji41]
Your incapacity to consider all aspects of the issue is noted. Now take your faux woodstock demonstration elsewhere my third generation flower child...

The irony, you can’t make this sh!t up. You are so clueless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She was in a psych ward? Do we know her history before the alleged rape? Has she had a long history of psychological problems or only after the alleged rape?
If she is telling the truth, I can see the significant need for counseling. If she had a history of psychological issues before the alleged rape, then that would likely weaken her claim.
How do we get to the truth now that the claim is 3 years old?
I really wish we had a society where law breaking would be dealt with immediately rather than brought up 3 years later.
These are very difficult affairs for a victim. In my humble opinion, more consideration of victims is warranted. A recent publication excerp from a story called ‘to catch a predator,‘
The biggest innovation that Osgood brought to the Special Victims unit — one that is only now beginning to make its way across the country, police department by police department — was also the trickiest to implement. The NYPD’s police academy, Osgood observed, offered a range of courses on questioning suspects but none on talking to victims. As a result, SVD investigators were stuck in a “who, what, when, where, and why” mind-set. They wanted the facts, ideally in chronological order. “Start from the beginning,” they might tell a victim. “What time did this happen? Tell me the exact location where he first approached you. What color shirt was the suspect wearing?”
But victims of sexual assault are often unable to answer such straightforward questions. There will be gaps in their stories. Events will be out of sequence. And the fractured nature of their testimony can lead investigators to conclude that they are unreliable at best or dishonest at worst. “What I saw time and time again is something like this,” Osgood says. “A victim says, ‘I was walking down the street, a red van passes me, and then I’m assaulted.’ But when you pull video, you see that she’s walking down the street, she’s assaulted, and then a red van passes. Most police departments would go, ‘Oh, she’s inconsistent, she’s lying.’ ”In 2015, a deputy commissioner named Susan Herman, who works closely with victims, handed Osgood a research paper about something called the Forensic Experiential Trauma Interview. Developed by Russell Strand, a former special agent with the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command, FETI drew on emerging neuroscience that dovetailed precisely with what Osgood has observed in action. “Memory encoding during a traumatic event is diminished and sometimes inaccurate,” Strand wrote. When trauma occurs, the prefrontal cortex often shuts down, and more primitive parts of the brain take over. Information necessary to survival continues to be recorded, Strand explained, but the primitive brain doesn’t do very well “recording the information many professionals have been trained to obtain.”
Osgood, who was making notes in the margin, only had to read the first page to feel the kick of recognition. “This guy’s correct,” he said to himself. “This is what I’ve been seeing over 14 years.”

These are very difficult affairs for a victim. In my humble opinion, more consideration of victims is warranted. A recent publication excerp from a story called ‘to catch a predator,‘
The biggest innovation that Osgood brought to the Special Victims unit — one that is only now beginning to make its way across the country, police department by police department — was also the trickiest to implement. The NYPD’s police academy, Osgood observed, offered a range of courses on questioning suspects but none on talking to victims. As a result, SVD investigators were stuck in a “who, what, when, where, and why” mind-set. They wanted the facts, ideally in chronological order. “Start from the beginning,” they might tell a victim. “What time did this happen? Tell me the exact location where he first approached you. What color shirt was the suspect wearing?”
But victims of sexual assault are often unable to answer such straightforward questions. There will be gaps in their stories. Events will be out of sequence. And the fractured nature of their testimony can lead investigators to conclude that they are unreliable at best or dishonest at worst. “What I saw time and time again is something like this,” Osgood says. “A victim says, ‘I was walking down the street, a red van passes me, and then I’m assaulted.’ But when you pull video, you see that she’s walking down the street, she’s assaulted, and then a red van passes. Most police departments would go, ‘Oh, she’s inconsistent, she’s lying.’ ”In 2015, a deputy commissioner named Susan Herman, who works closely with victims, handed Osgood a research paper about something called the Forensic Experiential Trauma Interview. Developed by Russell Strand, a former special agent with the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command, FETI drew on emerging neuroscience that dovetailed precisely with what Osgood has observed in action. “Memory encoding during a traumatic event is diminished and sometimes inaccurate,” Strand wrote. When trauma occurs, the prefrontal cortex often shuts down, and more primitive parts of the brain take over. Information necessary to survival continues to be recorded, Strand explained, but the primitive brain doesn’t do very well “recording the information many professionals have been trained to obtain.”
Osgood, who was making notes in the margin, only had to read the first page to feel the kick of recognition. “This guy’s correct,” he said to himself. “This is what I’ve been seeing over 14 years.”
This is a great post, macgopher. Thanks for sharing.

I would recommend the moderators change the title pic for this thread in Tapatalk of the guy in the skirt, originally posted by Mennosota. It really is inappropriate given the nature of the thread. It really is a topic not to make light of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would recommend the moderators change the title pic for this thread in Tapatalk of the guy in the skirt, originally posted by Mennosota. It really is inappropriate given the nature of the thread. It really is a topic not to make light of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That post with the picture has been removed. Thanks for the heads up.

Top Bottom