PPD: It's Official Stollings to Texas Tech

Why? We have a Mens coach who doesn't, so why should the Women's coach? [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Gotta start a trend....:)

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/sp...ls-stollings-signs-6-year-contract/1112132775

A tiny bit more on the contract. Another Texas Tech player transferred yesterday. Marlene will take over a depleted roster.

Lady Raider Basketball's new coach has signed a six-year contract worth $4.5 million, a confidential source told Red Raider Nation.

Marlene Stollings, who will be officially introduced as head coach Wednesday afternoon, will earn an average of $750,000 per year, according to the source.

If the Lady Raiders advance to the NCAA Tournament twice in six years, the source said Stollings will receive a seventh year worth $820,000.

http://www.startribune.com/marlene-...aving-door-open-for-lindsay-whalen/479449323/

On Wednesday, Stollings called the Lady Raiders a “sleeping giant.” That didn’t make leaving Minnesota easy, though.

“It was tough walking in that (Gophers team) room and talking to my student athletes,” she said. “A very emotional moment because of what we had done.”

Stollings said she ultimately chose Texas Tech because it gives her the “platform and the ability” to reach her ultimate goal: a national title.

“That made the decision easier as I moved through the process,” she said. “Because I want to be able to on a national scale do even bigger things than what we were able to accomplish (in Minnesota).”

More like her bank account is a sleeping giant.
Hard to believe she scored that kind of payday.

http://www.startribune.com/marlene-...aving-door-open-for-lindsay-whalen/479449323/

On Wednesday, Stollings called the Lady Raiders a “sleeping giant.” That didn’t make leaving Minnesota easy, though.

“It was tough walking in that (Gophers team) room and talking to my student athletes,” she said. “A very emotional moment because of what we had done.”

Stollings said she ultimately chose Texas Tech because it gives her the “platform and the ability” to reach her ultimate goal: a national title.

“That made the decision easier as I moved through the process,” she said. “Because I want to be able to on a national scale do even bigger things than what we were able to accomplish (in Minnesota).”

Ouch. Guess she couldn't help taking a backhanded shot at us heading out the door. Maybe in the archives we should rename her Marvin Stollings, because with those word's I'm sure if we dropped her shorts we'd see a pair of big balls. Hey Marv, maybe keep an opposing teams scoring average under 75 and get a clue on the post game before you start flapping your lips about a National Championship. Not to mention Minnesota has some nice ties to gals that have made the WNBA. Off the top of my head I can think of at least 8 girls that have played in the WNBA within the last 10 years that either grew up here and/or played here at the U, so this isn't exactly Alaska from a talent or recruiting standpoint. I mean if Bell makes it next year, and she has a shot, that means Stollings will have coached 3 players during her time at the U that made it to the WNBA (none of which she recruited of course, with Bell transferring back so we should note that). On top of that we have all new basketball facilities. She sure had a rough platform to work from here. As far as TT, I don't want to take a cheap shot at Lubbock as it may be a great town and I've never been there, but my goodness, looking at the aerial photos of the city on the internet versus the Minneapolis area, it isn't even close where I'd prefer to live (and I'm not a fan either cold or snow). So long and congrats on the money Marv! I have a pretty good feeling that's all your going to be winning at.

Lubbock? Really? The dusty armpit of nowhere?
Why would any lesbian pick Lubbock over Minneapolis? (Or is my information incorrect regarding orientation?)
I understand TxTech has a better history of winning, but that dust bowl area is the equivalent of coaching in Montana.
Oh well. Best wishes. Who is the replacement for our Gophers?

Don't despair. Texas may soon be blue state, the sooner the better. Then people of all predilections (even lesbians!) may be fully free to express their preferences with the support of the law, even in Texas. But I'm assuming the coach's generous contract calls for her to coach basketball, not practice sex. What does it even matter to anybody what the coach's sexual orientation is?

Don't despair. Texas may soon be blue state, the sooner the better. Then people of all predilections (even lesbians!) may be fully free to express their preferences with the support of the law, even in Texas. But I'm assuming the coach's generous contract calls for her to coach basketball, not practice sex. What does it even matter to anybody what the coach's sexual orientation is?
I stated that because the Twin Cities is such a great place for the LGBTQ community. Why leave it to go to...Lubbock?

Top Bottom