Herm Edwards sends harsh message: ASU football may cut scholarship players

The entire situation is on the bizarre side and if it all works out tip of the cap...but I know where my money is. Isn't the AD his former agent? I believe Graham's buyout was 12 million or so, trading for a coach that as his best trait is motivational speaking and hasn't been in the college game for a long time. Maybe he'll kill it on the recruiting trail as kids are drawn to his yardbarker personality. OTOH if it doesn't work that's an expensive, job-killing blunder.

Don't know about the buyout. But i do know that Graham was absolutely the worst on field/in game coach in the history of college football. Even worse that our own Jerry Kill. So anyone would be an improvement for ASU.

I thought Mike Singletary was coaching High school football in Texas? Who knew?

Personally I can’t stand self serving coaches (hear that Jerry?) Hey Herm only your team needs to know; stop showing out for the media. By the way, thanks for the ammo for the lawsuit.[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know about the buyout. But i do know that Graham was absolutely the worst on field/in game coach in the history of college football. Even worse that our own Jerry Kill. So anyone would be an improvement for ASU.

Graham had two 10 win seasons and was fired after going 6-3 in the PAC 12 last year. Tough crowd. Quick hook at ASU...Mason-esque move? Stay tuned.

Edited to redact any criticism of The Leader

He has always been outspoken and an old fashioned "you earn what you get" coach. If the AD did not understand that when he hired him he made a big mistake. On the other hand, from everything I know he is a good and honest person with high standards. Some guys will choose to play for him.

...and he has always been a terrible coach. How this guy gets work is beyond me.

95-119. twice 10-6, lost at least 12 three times. Game day management atrocious. Thank god he backs it up with motivation and wit, or he'd be nothing.

I thought Mike Singletary was coaching High school football in Texas? Who knew?

Personally I can’t stand self serving coaches (hear that Jerry?) Hey Herm only your team needs to know; stop showing out for the media. By the way, thanks for the ammo for the lawsuit.[emoji15]

Then you must not like any coach...:confused:

I played for Richard Robinson and Don Morton; neither was self serving.

Honest question. Is it possible that both were self serving but the fact that you were young made you unaware? We become a lot more "worldly" as we age.

Honest question. Is it possible that both were self serving but the fact that you were young made you unaware? We become a lot more "worldly" as we age.

Not to this degree. There is no value in what Herm is doing other than to make himself sound “tough.” Players know there scholarships are renewed annually and they know players who don’t get them renewed.

Top Bottom