Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Default Time to Lower Hockey Ticket Prices!

    Now that we have the excitement of a new hockey coach, it is time to lower the insanely high ticket prices for hockey! The U needs to reset the ticket prices back to where the avid hockey fans can afford. Tickets to Mariucci arena used to be the hottest tickets in town, but now you can see the M in the seats during games!


  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    Now that we have the excitement of a new hockey coach, it is time to lower the insanely high ticket prices for hockey! The U needs to reset the ticket prices back to where the avid hockey fans can afford. Tickets to Mariucci arena used to be the hottest tickets in town, but now you can see the M in the seats during games!
    Two things. Drop prices so families can attend games. Market the games as kid friendly. Gopher hockey needs to take a page from St Paul Saints baseball.

  3. #3

    Default

    Part of the tickets being in such high demand had to do with the Gophers being the only show in town. Back to Back National Championships helped the Gopher's maintain relevance, in the earlier years of the Wild. But now that the Wild are firmly entrenched in the sports scene, and successful, It is time for the Gophers to rethink their strategy.
    Consider this. It is cheaper to get a season ticket for Minnesota United, than it is to get a season ticket with Gopher Hockey. The program needs to rebuild it's fan base to attract the next generation of fan.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    So. MN
    Posts
    3,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webst245 View Post
    Part of the tickets being in such high demand had to do with the Gophers being the only show in town. Back to Back National Championships helped the Gopher's maintain relevance, in the earlier years of the Wild. But now that the Wild are firmly entrenched in the sports scene, and successful, It is time for the Gophers to rethink their strategy.
    Consider this. It is cheaper to get a season ticket for Minnesota United, than it is to get a season ticket with Gopher Hockey. The program needs to rebuild it's fan base to attract the next generation of fan.
    But that's soccer, right?
    Please consider donating to this site; especially if you are a frequent poster.

  5. #5

    Default

    Yes, but it's also a professional sports team, who average 20,00 per game at TCF Bank Stadium. I'm not suggesting that Gopher hockey goes St. Paul Saints on the bit, but a more fan driven approach to ticket prices would be appreciated.

  6. #6

    Default

    we split season tickets - for us it was more about the time commitment than $ but its worked out great.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeytown View Post
    we split season tickets - for us it was more about the time commitment than $ but its worked out great.
    We used to split season tickets, but the style of lackadaisical play and the total lose of the atmosphere took all of the fun out of it. The crowd changed after you could buy your way into the good seats.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •