Sad News

t-docious

MAKE GOPHERS GREAT AGAIN!
Reaction score
Hearing Shannon Brooks Mom has passed. Best wishes to him and his family in these trying times.

Condolences to Shannon and family.

Terrible news, condolences for Shannon and his family. Losing a parent is tough.

Oh gosh - deepest condolences to Shannon and his family. Losing a parent at any age is tough - but especially difficult when you're that young. Tough year for him, my heart goes out to him :(.

Kind of a random question - does it matter?

I don't want to sidetrack the thread, but yes, it definitely does matter. It's never easy losing a loved one, but it's very different if this was the culmination of a months- or years-long battle with a disease or if it was a car accident/other sudden event. Being mentally prepared for something or having it dropped on you suddenly out of the blue are very different.

Regardless of the circumstances, condolences to Shannon and his family.

I don't want to sidetrack the thread, but yes, it definitely does matter. It's never easy losing a loved one, but it's very different if this was the culmination of a months- or years-long battle with a disease or if it was a car accident/other sudden event. Being mentally prepared for something or having it dropped on you suddenly out of the blue are very different.

My thoughts exactly.

Sorry to hear this either way.

This is spot on. Not that its easy either way, but one of the two is generally an easier mental hill to climb as you've processed it greatly.

Terrible news. I was a similar age when my mom passed and man, it sucks, a lot.

not sudden. He had considered leaving the program earlier in his career to be closer to home to care for his mom. It might get interesting if he feels the need to be closer to home.

I agree 100%

Deepest sympathy to Shannon and his family.

Feel confident that our football program teaches life, not just football, and hope the whole Gopher community can support Shannon at this difficult time.

not sudden. He had considered leaving the program earlier in his career to be closer to home to care for his mom. It might get interesting if he feels the need to be closer to home.

Stop.

Top Bottom