Shooter: Gophs will wear white shoes next yr; staff thinks they look faster in white

This theory has been around for awhile. Paterno thought the same thing, but he had his team wear black cleats instead because he wanted their opponents to think they were slower than they really were. I remember reading awhile back that some speadskaters changed their uniform color to blue because it supposedly made them faster (or look faster). It's probably all psychological, just trying to make athletes believe they're better than they are.

Things like this or playing classical music don't really bother me because it's not some major change. The staff probably isn't spending days or weeks researching this or anything.

Things like this or playing classical music don't really bother me because it's not some major change. The staff probably isn't spending days or weeks researching this or anything.

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone is bothered. I think many find it ridiculous. This is a "laughing at you, not with you" scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone is bothered. I think many find it ridiculous. This is a "laughing at you, not with you" scenario.

This sprang to mind. I love Bob Sugar in this scene.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zDbV2-tZgbg?start=70" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't find it ridiculous either then because it's really not a big deal. Coaches have tried to find every little advantage they can for decades, whether it's real or psychological and will continue to going forward. To me this is not much different than requesting to have certain songs played during pre-game warm-ups.

We need some purple rain shoes. You know...cleats with 6 inch heels... "Purple Rain, Purple Reign..."

I don't find it ridiculous either then because it's really not a big deal. Coaches have tried to find every little advantage they can for decades, whether it's real or psychological and will continue to going forward. To me this is not much different than requesting to have certain songs played during pre-game warm-ups.

That is fine you don't find it ridiculous. I do. IMO, the very fact that anyone would think white shoes could even be the littlest advantage - whether real or psychological - is pure looney bird talk.

That is fine you don't find it ridiculous. I do. IMO, the very fact that anyone would think white shoes could even be the littlest advantage - whether real or psychological - is pure looney bird talk.

Up or down, this might be the worst thread of the spring...

The staff probably isn't spending days or weeks researching this or anything.

Really this could have been as much time as I chose a blue theme for a website... half a second... but anyone who sees the site sees it a lot and thus the decision seems possibly bigger than it is... but i really didn't think about it much.

When I went to the open practice there was no time spent talking about white shoes, rather 100% of the time was practice. And that's just practice...

I don't care what color of shoe they wear, as long as it actually makes them faster. Go for white even if it's merely psychological. Good for them.

If we wear white shoes in the snow, we will be stealth like.

Top Bottom