Shooter: Gophs will wear white shoes next yr; staff thinks they look faster in white

Some of you people seem to think good teams become good teams by just trying really hard and getting lucky. Doing a little thing like changing shoe colors won't ever add more wins. Nobody is going to beat a defender deep and score a game winning touchdown because of white shoes.

HOWEVER.

White shoes are cool. High school kids like cool shoes. A high school kid will not choose the U solely because of white shoes. BUT a high school kid might be drawn ever so slightly to viewing the the U as a cool school because the uniform is aesthetically pleasing. People like things that look good, that's marketing and science.

So one kid, or many kids might like the U slightly more because of a better look, and these kids might come visit the U and PJ Fleck might get them to commit. These kids that PJ sells might score or catch a winning touchdown that another kid wouldn't have. That's why they chose white shoes. Always be recruiting, always be marketing. RTB.

Some of you people seem to think good teams become good teams by just trying really hard and getting lucky. Doing a little thing like changing shoe colors won't ever add more wins. Nobody is going to beat a defender deep and score a game winning touchdown because of white shoes.

HOWEVER.

White shoes are cool. High school kids like cool shoes. A high school kid will not choose the U solely because of white shoes. BUT a high school kid might be drawn ever so slightly to viewing the the U as a cool school because the uniform is aesthetically pleasing. People like things that look good, that's marketing and science.

So one kid, or many kids might like the U slightly more because of a better look, and these kids might come visit the U and PJ Fleck might get them to commit. These kids that PJ sells might score or catch a winning touchdown that another kid wouldn't have. That's why they chose white shoes. Always be recruiting, always be marketing. RTB.

So many things have been done because the recruits love it and will persuade them to commit that there shouldn't be a problem with landing a top 10 class by early signing. Not holding my breath on that one.

Opinion of a designer, still not a fact. If we were interested in perceived speed of the feet they should be bright neon yellow according to that article, not white.

Shockingly, it's not easy to judge factually whether something looks fast or not. So in situations like this we have to listen to the opinions of experts. I'm sure PJ would use neon shoes if he could. But he realistically can't so he's using white.

So many things have been done because the recruits love it and will persuade them to commit that there shouldn't be a problem with landing a top 10 class by early signing. Not holding my breath on that one.

What do you want from this staff? Not do every possible thing to get better recruits?

What do you want from this staff? Not do every possible thing to get better recruits?

I guess I'm in the camp that believes that flashy uniforms doesn't correlate to landing higher quality recruits. IMO they are more for the morale of current players.

If you can provide proof that gimmicky uniform designs helps with recruiting, I'm open to be proven wrong.

I guess I'm in the camp that believes that flashy uniforms doesn't correlate to landing higher quality recruits. IMO they are more for the morale of current players.

If you can provide proof that gimmicky uniform designs helps with recruiting, I'm open to be proven wrong.

Better current player morale = better team = better recruits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOWEVER.

Except......

per Shooter:

Look for the Gophers football team to wear white shoes next season. <b>Staff theory: Players look and feel faster in white.</b>

https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/31/charley-walters-zach-parises-return-means-world-to-wild/

Go Gophers!!

Also, wearing white shoes will have zero impact on recruiting. That's logic.

Except......

My god. You people want to keep everything the exact same and also want the outcome to change.

My god. You people want to keep everything the exact same and also want the outcome to change.

Actually, I couldn't possibly care less what color shoes we wear. I don't see anyone in this thread that does care. All I want is a staff that doesn't think white shoes make you faster. GH posters that think wearing white shoes will impact recruiting make my day - so I guess something good is coming from this.

Except......

Dear lord, I thought that whole thread about the white shoes was an April Fool's joke. I never even clicked on it because I assumed it was a joke.

Dear lord, I thought that whole thread about the white shoes was an April Fool's joke. I never even clicked on it because I assumed it was a joke.

If that's the case, I think someone left Shooter out of the joke.

Staff theory: Players look and feel faster in white.

Not at all the same thing.

Now it all makes perfect sense and is totally rational and will greatly help the team improve. All those suckers not wearing white shoes. Eat our dust.

I mistyped. I would like a staff that doesn't think white shoes make you look & feel faster. Better?

Actually, I couldn't possibly care less what color shoes we wear. I don't see anyone in this thread that does care. All I want is a staff that doesn't think white shoes make you faster. GH posters that think wearing white shoes will impact recruiting make my day - so I guess something good is coming from this.

If you don't think white shoes will help us on the field and in the recruiting battles, that means you're against white shoes. You're against being cool. You're against young people. Stop obsessing over Jerry Kill.

If you don't think white shoes will help us on the field and in the recruiting battles, that means you're against white shoes. You're against being cool. You're against young people. Stop obsessing over Jerry Kill.

On a similar thought process - I was trying to picture the reaction on here if I had started a thread suggesting we wear white shoes because I think they make us look faster - and then suggest that might impact performance and/or recruiting.

On a similar thought process - I was trying to picture the reaction on here if I had started a thread suggesting we wear white shoes because I think they make us look faster - and then suggest that might impact performance and/or recruiting.

Well, that's just dumb.

You would have been banned for thoughts like that!!!

per Shooter:

Look for the Gophers football team to wear white shoes next season. Staff theory: Players look and feel faster in white.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/31/charley-walters-zach-parises-return-means-world-to-wild/

Go Gophers!!

Query: Once the player wearing the white shoes is run down from behind by an opposing player wearing black shoes, what happens ?

Feelings of inadequacy? Depression? Strong feelings of a need to change to a different color? Defeatist attitude?

Seriously, this whole white shoe discussion is an April fool's joke right?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Query: Once the player wearing the white shoes is run down from behind by an opposing player wearing black shoes, what happens ?

Feelings of inadequacy? Depression? Strong feelings of a need to change to a different color? Defeatist attitude?

I'm sure the U has a "safe space" they could retreat to.

Seriously, this whole white shoe discussion is an April fool's joke right?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

You seem to want everything to stay the same yet have a different outcome.
#WSM

They should level the playing field and make NCAA regulations that everyone has to wear white shoes. I can't believe they would allow performance enhancing shoe color to exist! In fact, the home team should have to wear white jerseys and the away team should have to wear black jerseys at every game. Let the athletes decide the game, not the apparel!

Top Bottom